PDA

View Full Version : When did Marshawn get so shy?

The King
01-29-2014, 03:23 PM
This is ridiculous. Don't act like you don't like the media.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/h2uN28EJRlA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/h2uN28EJRlA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The King
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/hXKWuL8F0Sw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hXKWuL8F0Sw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

feldspar
01-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Richard Sherman should take a lesson...

DraftBoy
01-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Lynch has never liked formal media interviews. Always very stand offish.

- - - Updated - - -

Richard Sherman should take a lesson...

Why?

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Why did Marshawn get traded for a scared little southern boy who is afraid to get hit? I miss beastmode. Worst decision than Pat Williams to trade him.

feldspar
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

Because he should shut the **** up IMO...why do you think?

DraftBoy
01-29-2014, 07:18 PM

Yea that's not actually answering the question of "why"?

I don't think the same as you…that's why I'm asking you why.

gr8slayer
01-29-2014, 07:29 PM
He never liked the media, that goes all the way back to Cal.

kishoph
01-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Marshawn couldn't handle the fast paced Buffalo life style.

Skooby
01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Marshawn couldn't handle the fast paced Buffalo life style.

BYOB is standard in Seattle & frowned upon in WNY.

stuckincincy
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Never talk to the press. Never.

Ed
01-30-2014, 11:56 AM
When Lynch first got drafted he seemed perfectly fine and comfortable talking to the media. In his introductory press conference and interviews he seemed pretty well spoken and engaging.

It seems to me that everything changed after the hit and run incident. He refused to talk to the media for a while after that and when he finally did he looked uncomfortable and very guarded. I don't know if the scrutiny and criticism got to him and caused him to be more closed off, but that incident seemed to really change him, at least with the media.

TacklingDummy
01-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Why did Marshawn get traded for a scared little southern boy who is afraid to get hit? I miss beastmode. Worst decision than Pat Williams to trade him.eSPN played an interview the other day with Lynch. He was asked about Buffalo, he said the feeling was mutual, he didn't want to be there and they didn't want him.

mikemac2001
01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
eSPN played an interview the other day with Lynch. He was asked about Buffalo, he said the feeling was mutual, he didn't want to be there and they didn't want him.

There was also an interview on SI i glanced at saying how he felt he let down buffalo because he couldnt take them to the playoffs.

seemed like a mutual move but he never seemed to have hatred like willis had

The King
01-30-2014, 03:16 PM
When Lynch first got drafted he seemed perfectly fine and comfortable talking to the media. In his introductory press conference and interviews he seemed pretty well spoken and engaging.

It seems to me that everything changed after the hit and run incident. He refused to talk to the media for a while after that and when he finally did he looked uncomfortable and very guarded. I don't know if the scrutiny and criticism got to him and caused him to be more closed off, but that incident seemed to really change him, at least with the media. This was my thought more or less as well. But whereas I don't live in WNY I don't know as much on the subject.

G Wolly
01-30-2014, 03:38 PM

So you're one of those people overreacting about Sherman because of one incident. Get over it.

feldspar
01-30-2014, 04:31 PM
So you're one of those people overreacting about Sherman because of one incident. Get over it.

It's not one incident. Here is another, and this was last year:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j6x-O3kb1sI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this **** allowable if you simply don't like Skip Bayless?\

There are plenty more instances. Arrogant trash talk...I don't like it.

Beebe's Kid
01-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Boy...that's crazy isn't it? Look at how you talk about him, and wonder why he is shy to talk.

That and the media is always so kind, and they have definitely been to Lynch. Like when there was a million things about him being a ****ing thief in the media in Buffalo.

Richard Sherman. People don't like when black guys aren't scared. They don't like it at all. Sherman is an educated man. He has a degree from Stanford. He isn't afraid of talking to people. He also plays a game where he gets extremely fired up.

This is an interesting discussion...but there is not such thing as white privilege, right? I'm sure that is a ****ing hot one around here. What's next? Do I insinuate that all Muslims aren't bad people?

feldspar
01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Richard Sherman. People don't like when black guys aren't scared. They don't like it at all. Sherman is an educated man. He has a degree from Stanford. He isn't afraid of talking to people. He also plays a game where he gets extremely fired up.

This is an interesting discussion...but there is not such thing as white privilege, right? I'm sure that is a ****ing hot one around here. What's next? Do I insinuate that all Muslims aren't bad people?

Don't make this out to be a racial issue when it isn't, Johnny Cochran's kid.

...enter Meathead stage left.

WagonCircler
01-30-2014, 05:02 PM

^^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^^^^^

DraftBoy
01-30-2014, 06:09 PM

So then what is it exactly?

YardRat
01-30-2014, 06:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

He never liked the media, that goes all the way back to Cal.

Never talk to the press. Never.

It seems to me that everything changed after the hit and run incident. He refused to talk to the media for a while after that and when he finally did he looked uncomfortable and very guarded. I don't know if the scrutiny and criticism got to him and caused him to be more closed off, but that incident seemed to really change him, at least with the media.

Sportscaster from Buffalo's Ch2 (I forget his name) and radio crew that used to cover the Bills and had a lot of access to the players said this morning that when Lynch first came to Buffalo he was very willing to talk to the media and they had a good relationship. Things began to go downhill with the off-field incidents, and just progressively got worse.

DraftBoy
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Sportscaster from Buffalo's Ch2 (I forget his name) and radio crew that used to cover the Bills and had a lot of access to the players said this morning that when Lynch first came to Buffalo he was very willing to talk to the media and they had a good relationship. Things began to go downhill with the off-field incidents, and just progressively got worse.

Paul Peck has said a few things on Twitter about how difficult Marshawn was to deal with while in Buffalo.

YardRat
01-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Paul Peck has said a few things on Twitter about how difficult Marshawn was to deal with while in Buffalo.

Was he specific about that being the case right from the start?

I seriously don't remember much about Lynch's dealings with the media when he was here.

DraftBoy
01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
He was not.