X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Dust settler realistic mock

Note I had Hughes resigning in my other mock BC I keep seeing peaple talking about how we are gonna keep him on buffalo bills message boards so I assumed he was a FA. Hes also listed as one on some sites. Also i had no idea we have to get 2 firsts by franchising byrd which really shows how stupid our FO is. A child knows byrds not worth nearly that which means its virtually impossible to keep him

The reality. No Spikes, no big free agents. Just dust settlers

Keep

Carpenter- 1 yr, 1.3 million. Fight out Hopkins again but rotate them per kick in pre season

Kaufman- whatever vet min is. He's good for our PS

Moats- 2 years 3 million

Carrington- 1 year 750k

Byrd is gone

Sign

Bernard Pollard S- 4 yrs 18 million. This will move Aaron to FS and I'm fine with that. I've been waiting for Pollard to find his patriot killer ass to buffalo. He's great in run support and that's the main responsiblility as a SS

Robert Ayers- 4 years 18 million- this is Lawson part 2. Great run stopper can fill a rotational role on the DL.

Brandon Pettigrew- He's been a little dissapointing but we need a blocking TE with good size. He has great potential and can come in cheap. 2 years 7.5 million.

Josh McCown- 2 years 5 million. He's the top backup vet QB with a 13-1 QB ratio. With the hirings so far I don't see us ignoring the vet QB need. Manuel has injury issues and we saw a vet QB as a need last year and we will this year to.

Geoff Schwartz- 5 years 23 million- We need 2 OL this year. We solidify the LG position for a while

Cut- Kolb, Pears

Draft

1st- Jake Matthews RT- We have and OL as head coach, a rookie, a great D with MLB and S as a hole. RT is the biggest need especially with a rook

2nd- Shane Skoyv LB- Perfect size LB who is fast and can get sacks. Will allow Kiko to move outside

3rd- Jarvis Landry WR- At 6-1 he really doesn't sound like what you expect. But look at the videos, with mettenburg as QB he had to make some freakish grabs. He had catches I haven't seen since dare I say, Calvin. His willingness to go up and his ability to use his body is amazing. He fights for yards and is the only WR that I can see Manuel having success with because its not only overthrows. Its passes at the feet, behind the back, anything. I don't see Evans and Benjamin getting those. Also That Stevie drop vs NE, he would've dived for. Manuels ints would have at least been knocked away. He uses his frame and is the best blocker in this draft for WRs.

4th- Marion Grice RB- We need a replacement for Fred and possibly spiller. With how our team is set up I think a power RB is the best bet for the future. Grice is strong, can catch, and has decent speed. Good value and can be productive.

I'm not doing 5,6, or 7 because of how everything is based on who drops or rises.

Between Duke, Searcy, Brooks and Pollard. We are gonna be OK at safety. Remember we did very good vs ne the first game with them having a passing game plan, and us not having Byrd, Manuel throwing ints, and horrible time management.
    Last edited by The King; 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Draft and free agent pickups based on reality

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    The reality. No spikes, no big free agents. Just dust settlers

Keep

Byrd- we are not gonna let him walk. No way we go out and dont resign levitre to do nothing about byrd. Now byrd is not gonna resign. This will be a franchise and trade and we WILL get a 2nd rounder at the most. I know a trade of your best player does not sound like a good start to a prediction thread but this is as for sure as the Peters trade imo.

Hughes 1 yr 1.5
    IIRC, the team signing a franchised payer has to give that team two 1st round picks.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

Re: Draft and free agent pickups based on reality

Why would they re-sign Hughes to a one year contract when he's already under contract for 2014?

And there's no way he would sign sign a one year deal for 1.5 mil when he's coming off a double digit sack season.

He's going to be looking for his payday. Think Mark Anderson money.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Re: Dust settler realistic mock

How is Jake Matthews going to be available when we pick exactly?

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Easy. Hes a RT mostly and they usually fall. Hes the buluga of the draft
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Matthews won't be available and Moats won't make double per year what Carrington will.

Pollard won't get as little as 4 million per on the open market nor will a guy who will solidify an interior line spot only get 4 per.

Pettigrew is the only realistic idea you have up there.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Byrd was gone a while ago, denial is all that's left.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Jesus. Three threads Cali?
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Matthews is gonna drop. Like it or not he is. It happens every year and he's primarily a RT which never goes well in the top ten. Say what you want but a player always falls. And no way pollard gets any more than 4 million. He's not that great. The other guard I have as 4 million BC I don't know the asking rate for Guards

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

How is it 3? My phone is so ****ed I'm sorry

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

How is it 3? My phone is so ****ed I'm sorry

I merged all of them. But you had three threads out there with the same thing.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Pettine will give Carrington more than that
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          Pollard won't get as little as 4 million per on the open market
                          Why would he get 4 million? The guy played his ass off for a Super Bowl champion and could only get 1 year/$2mill from Tennessee. What has he done this season to explode his value into a 4million+ multi year deal?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Ya and guys the reason I have it like this is because I just don't see a RT going top 5. Especially with all the stars in this draft and all the traded that will probably take place. Ignore a lot of the money, it was me guessing even tho Bernard will probably get that much. SS is the RB of the D. Its a position that is mainly heart and one you can go out in the 3rd to get one. Its not a top money position like even FS

- - - Updated - - -

Ya and guys the reason I have it like this is because I just don't see a RT going top 5. Especially with all the stars in this draft and all the traded that will probably take place. Ignore a lot of the money, it was me guessing even tho Bernard will probably get that much. SS is the RB of the D. Its a position that is mainly heart and one you can go out in the 3rd to get one. Its not a top money position like even FS

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC, the last RT that was drafted in the top 10 was Willie Anderson to CIN (#10 in 1996). He had a nice career. Of course, several were drafted as LT that ended up at RT - Michael Oher and Andre Smith come to mind.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-30-2014, 12:04 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X