PDA

View Full Version : You Be the Tim Murray: What to do with Nolan

Meathead
01-31-2014, 08:11 AM
this is going to be a landslide poll. i just want to see if anybody other than jimmi votes to get rid of him

i wonder what they are waiting on? hes done an excellent job in a difficult situation. the players, the fans, the patty lafontane, would all be happy if he was made official. if they dont give him an answer relatively soon i would think even ted himself is gonna feel like they are stringing him along

the only reason to wait is if youre not sure he should be the hc and i would think that would be answered by now. if theres another reason i cant think of it

GreedoII
01-31-2014, 08:14 AM
Maybe they are stringing him along....

it doesn't matter who the coach is if you have elite players. So just keep him and bring in elite talent and start winning cups. I personally don't care who the coach is. nobody should...

Meathead
01-31-2014, 08:16 AM
now see if they just hired you then the cups would start rolling in

sukie
01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
Murray can hire his guy but until the talent changes and or matures in the minors... any coach coming in is doomed to failure unless he is a marquee name that earns a few years scholarship.

I think attention is needed with this franchise. In a positive direction no doubt. I know! Hire the first ever female HC. BOOM national news, ratings, good for Buffalo and the NHL.

Question is... would she have to be hot or look like Fred Shero with tits?

- - - Updated - - -

Murray can hire his guy but until the talent changes and or matures in the minors... any coach coming in is doomed to failure unless he is a marquee name that earns a few years scholarship.

I think attention is needed with this franchise. In a positive direction no doubt. I know! Hire the first ever female HC. BOOM national news, ratings, good for Buffalo and the NHL.

Question is... would she have to be hot or look like Fred Shero with tits?

OpIv37
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of him at this point. The team is scoring more goals and winning more since he arrived, and he came in mid-season so he didn't even have an off-season to work with the players.

Don't get me wrong- this is still a bad hockey team that lacks NHL talent on an epic level. If Nolan were the coach all year, we still wouldn't be in the playoff hunt. But I do believe that if he were coach all year, we wouldn't be the worst team in the league and we would not be in danger of setting the futility record for fewest goals in the season. Give him a contract and some talent and this team will begin turning it around.

coastal
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
What he said...

JATMtheJATM
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
there has to be a reason he hasnt been coaching for so long with minor exceptions.

i also dont know why he insisted on playing scott 10 minutes a game, sometimes on the powerplay.

OpIv37
01-31-2014, 03:12 PM
there has to be a reason he hasnt been coaching for so long with minor exceptions.

i also dont know why he insisted on playing scott 10 minutes a game, sometimes on the powerplay.

Probably to prove a point to Leino or one of ou other scrubs who wasn't pulling their weight.

trapezeus
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM
you don't hear much of it being an issue. and with reiger gone, i trust that whatever they decide to do is in their opinion the right thing to do for the quickest results.

i'd like him to sign. it's a great story if he got fired, came back when the guy who canned him got tossed and cleaned up the guys mess and did what no other coach in the NFL or NHL has done. bring a championship to Buffalo. He sure as hell deserves it.

The Jokeman
02-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm waiting as I have no idea what this team is going to look like until after the trade deadline.