X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Good Ole Tim Graham

I am sorry I do not agree with his strategy to try and get a rise out of EJ.

I will say this though I thought EJ handled the situation with class. Graham can say things like obvious sarcasm and what not, but he cannot deny what EJ said.

That being said I think Tim and the rest of the draft a QB in the first round crowd is just plan ignorant.

I have no problem drafting a QB in rounds 4 or later, but why draft another QB to compete with manual and then neither of them have the proper weapons to show what they can do.

We need 2 OL, a TE, and potentially a big tall WR. I would also argue we need a third down back that can convert 3rd and 1 in heavy run packages.

Even if we took EJ in round 2 I would feel the same way, you take a QB in round 1 or 2 you are going to ride with them for 3 years and see if they develop. After year 2 if no success then draft a guy to compete with them see what he does and you either are in a Chargers situations or you let the guy walk like Edwards and Losman.
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Good Ole Time Graham

I know this is not the answer you people are looking for but unless we are drafting first overall and Elway, Manning, Luck, or a sure fire franchise guy is available why draft a guy like Bortles or Manziel, or Bridgewater that have a lot of issues themselves like Manual.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I like Tim Graham and I've spoken to him before. I think at times he lets his trolls and frustrations get the better of him, but he's a good reporter and you can't fault him for being honest in the face of a player.

How many times do you think Skip Bayless has ripped guys on ESPN, just to get in front of them and cow-tow to their celebrity?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Tim Graham is a Jerry Sullivan wannabe.

But Jerry does a better job at being Jerry than Tim does.

I think the News should hire a new writer to give Graham some competition because he is not doing a very good job.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post

I have no problem drafting a QB in rounds 4 or later, but why draft another QB to compete with manual and then neither of them have the proper weapons to show what they can do.
          How do we know if we don't have the proper weapons when EJ is A) not willing to throw the ball b) inaccurate
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Even if we took EJ in round 2 I would feel the same way, you take a QB in round 1 or 2 you are going to ride with them for 3 years and see if they develop. After year 2 if no success then draft a guy to compete with them see what he does and you either are in a Chargers situations or you let the guy walk like Edwards and Losman.
            The Carolina Panthers beg to differ. Just think where they'd be if they had your philosophy and rode it out with Jimmy Clausen because he was a 2nd round pick instead of drafting Cam Newton.
            It's a good bet Ron Rivera wouldn't be their head coach anymore instead of signing that extension this week.
            Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 01-31-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
              The Carolina Panthers beg to differ. Just think where they'd be if they had your philosophy and rode it out with Jimmy Clausen because he was a 2nd round pick instead of drafting Cam Newton.
              It's a good bet Ron Rivera wouldn't be their head coach anymore instead of signing that extension this week.
              The Panthers had the first pick in the draft & Cam was highly thought of.

Is any QB in this class as highly thought of as Cam?

I don't think so, but if that is the case, he won't be there at #9.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

I know this is not the answer you people are looking for but unless we are drafting first overall and Elway, Manning, Luck, or a sure fire franchise guy is available why draft a guy like Bortles or Manziel, or Bridgewater that have a lot of issues themselves like Manual.
                Upon further review, you have redeemed yourself with this answer. Carolina did have the #1 pick, so you might have felt differently than your 1st post indicated

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  I like Tim Graham and I've spoken to him before. I think at times he lets his trolls and frustrations get the better of him, but he's a good reporter and you can't fault him for being honest in the face of a player.

How many times do you think Skip Bayless has ripped guys on ESPN, just to get in front of them and cow-tow to their celebrity?
                  I agree he is a good honest reporter and I like reading him and Sully because they are honest and not homers. That being said i personally believe the conversation could have gone differently and should have gone differently.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    How do we know if we don't have the proper weapons when EJ is A) not willing to throw the ball b) inaccurate

Ok first of all he is more than willing to throw the ball. He is a raw rookie and got confused and held onto the ball to long yes, but he threw some great deep balls, some terrible deep balls, did well and did terrible going through his progressions.

This knock on being trentative is the one that is completly ludricous in my opinion.

I will agree with the accuracy, his accuracy was great at times and utterly terrible at times.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                      They had the first pick in the draft and Clausen was previous regime.

If they bills had the first pick in the draft and Luck was coming out or even someone close to Cam good with running arm and size then yes I would agree.

None of these QBs are that good, did not play in same class of competition and in my opinion are not much better if any better than EJ and Geno.

I am sorry Johnny and tgeddy are tiny light weight QBs that will get blown up. Johnny has the better arm but his way of extending plays and throwing up prayers will not work in the pros, he might be ok but he is going to be turnover machine next year.

Teddy is 6'1 and played at 205 pounds this past season no matter what he says everyone says the guy was 200 pounds soaking wet. He is accurate but the majority of his yards are from YAC because his skill position guys are good. He did not throw deep balls that ofter instead throwing a lot curls, outs, and slants and often times on a third and long would throw short of the sticks and his wr would break a tackle or it would be a completly blown coverage.

Bortles and Carr are probably the only two that I think have a legitimate shot and both will probably be gone and to be honest EJ has a better resume than either of them.

Now there are plenty of QBs I would not mind us taking a look at in round 3 or later.

Boyd
                      Falas
                      McCarren
                      Price
                      Tom Savage
                      Mizzou QB only as an UDFA terrible arm strength so probably should rule him out
                      Mettzenberger
                      Murray (I really like this guy a lot probably my favorite of all and might be able to get him in round 4 due to injury)
                      Yes Murray is short but he has some Drew Brees to him, would be interested to see Hand Size as Whaley said that is big for him if he has small hands probably not going to be a bill

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Add that Grappolo to the list as well forgot about him, for third round or later

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          I think the News should hire a new writer to give Graham some competition because he is not doing a very good job.
                          LOL love this!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Ok first of all he is more than willing to throw the ball. He is a raw rookie and got confused and held onto the ball to long yes, but he threw some great deep balls, some terrible deep balls, did well and did terrible going through his progressions.

This knock on being trentative is the one that is completly ludricous in my opinion.
                            You could say that about Thad and Tuel as well. There is a reason why people compared him to Trentative because he was dinking and dunking.

I will agree with the accuracy, his accuracy was great at times and utterly terrible at times.
                            what bothers me is he was utterly terrible even in short passes. So since we agree he was terrible at times, it's hard to gauge our receivers. Some of his completed passes were made by receivers diving for the ball which make him look more accurate than he really is.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mindbender
                              • Apr 2010

Re: Good Ole Tim Graham

I agree with Graham. If and only if they think a franchise QB is sitting there. We don't have a franchise QB right now which means we won't win. Might EJ turn out to be the franchise guy? Sure. Right now he's an unknown quantity. He's been inconsistent. Why pass on someone who might be better?
                              "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

Working...
                              X