• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Interesting SB Oline info

Denver has two street FA's, one higher level FA signing (Vasquez), and two 2nd round picks starting tomorrow.

Seattle has two first rounders (Okung and Carpenter, an OT moved inside at the pro level), a second rounder, a seventh rounder, and a Green Bay practice squad 'steal'.

I really think the Bills should go OT at nine, or at least oline with their first pick if they trade down, but yet more proof that a line unit can have 'other team's garbage' in their trenches and still be successful.

In reality, without looking it up, can anybody really name the starting five from either team?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Interesting SB Oline info

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Denver has two street FA's, one higher level FA signing (Vasquez), and two 2nd round picks starting tomorrow.

Seattle has two first rounders (Okung and Carpenter, an OT moved inside at the pro level), a second rounder, a seventh rounder, and a Green Bay practice squad 'steal'.

I really think the Bills should go OT at nine, or at least oline with their first pick if they trade down, but yet more proof that a line unit can have 'other team's garbage' in their trenches and still be successful.

In reality, without looking it up, can anybody really name the starting five from either team?
    Hell no. I can't.

My issue with an OT at 9 is whether you need to draft a starting RT prospect at 9. Usually the LT's go that high.

But like always the question will be what makes the biggest impact on the team at 9. Watkins? Barr? Mack? Can we really say a RT makes more of an impact potentially than those guys? What about Ebron? I mean is Ebron ends up being Vernon Davis would it be more impact that a stud RT?

That's really the question I think the Bills need to answer.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

QB at 9.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

WR/LB at 9

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Best OT or LB available at 9, WR in 2nd, aw hell...I don't know either.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

almost every nfl team is like that

i did an analysis a few years ago and looked at every starting line and they all looked pretty much the same. typically it was something like one first rounder two mid/late rounders, and two udfas. once in a while youd see a team with two high round starters but it was rare. lots of times teams only had two drafted linemen with the rest being udfas

its a big reason why im ok with not picking linemen high except your blindside tackle. it appears that you can get great value in guys that get picked late or not at all
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
            X