• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Memo to Buddy!

You are a genius for drafting TJ Graham!!!
  • cookie G
    • Mar 2003

Re: Memo to Buddy!

memo 2.

LOB = 1 - 1st rounder
    2 - 5th rounders
    1 - 6th rounder

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

But but but Buddy was good at drafting! Or at least that's what people on this site keep trying to tell me. After all, we did have a 6-10 season after 4 Buddy Nix drafts....
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

LOL....30 other teams passed on Wilson also, most twice. The bigger impact players for the SeaHawks were actually drafted later than that anyway, and everybody passed on them also.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICRockets
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2008

I don't know if I'll ever get over that specific blunder. I understand the mitigating circumstances that led to it, but I liked Russell Wilson when he was with NC St, let alone Wisconsin.

I mean....Fitz had just signed an extension. There was legitimate hope that he could put it together. For him to do so we needed speed at the WR position. On paper, the TJ Graham pick made some amount of sense. But I wanted Wilson, and it hurts how incredible he could have been for us.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

If you guys think the QB position won this game, you are beyond help.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              I don't know if I'll ever get over that specific blunder. I understand the mitigating circumstances that led to it, but I liked Russell Wilson when he was with NC St, let alone Wisconsin.

I mean....Fitz had just signed an extension. There was legitimate hope that he could put it together. For him to do so we needed speed at the WR position. On paper, the TJ Graham pick made some amount of sense. But I wanted Wilson, and it hurts how incredible he could have been for us.
              I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have had the same success here as he has even if we did draft him. #1-Gailey wouldn't have had the stones to pull the trigger and start him, especially after signing Fitz as you mentioned, and #2-we weren't building the defense, and didn't have the coaches to do so, either.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                If you guys think the QB position won this game, you are beyond help.
                No,no, no. It's all about the QB. The "Greatest Offense Of All Time" and the Greatest QB scored.......8 points.

Oh and running QBs are where it's at. How many times did Wilson run? How many were designed "Read Options"?

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                  • Sep 2007

The guy wasn't even the Super Bowl MVP. A guy from the D got it for a pick six.
                  To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Is the take away from this game in this copycat league is to draft big tall aggressive DBs?

I don't think this game was a teaching moment other than the importance of an overall good defence.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      Is the take away from this game in this copycat league is to draft big tall aggressive DBs?

I don't think this game was a teaching moment other than the importance of an overall good defence.
                      The teaching moment is it's still a team game, so you have to build both sides of the ball.

Drafting a QB high every year, as some suggest, takes away from the overall development of the team.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        The teaching moment is it's still a team game, so you have to build both sides of the ball.

Drafting a QB high every year, as some suggest, takes away from the overall development of the team.
                        Not having a competent QB makes your team completely irrelevant.

It does not matter what else you have if you don't have a QB.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                          Not having a competent QB makes your team completely irrelevant.

It does not matter what else you have if you don't have a QB.
                          Does that mean you draft one and then give up on him after no preseason and 10 games?

Oh and the Bills weren't irrelevant even with the rookie. They were in almost every game they played.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

seattles defense is probably the best weve seen in twenty years. pile on a comically mistake prone denver offense and a ko return td and youve got a blowout even if im playing qb
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              Does that mean you draft one and then give up on him after no preseason and 10 games?

Oh and the Bills weren't irrelevant even with the rookie. They were in almost every game they played.
                              I don't think you give up on him, but a back-up plan needs to be in place- especially when there are major concerns with that QB being injured often.

I disagree with you that we were relevant. Yes we were in games and lost a bunch of close ones but we were never in the conversation for playoffs and definitely never in the conversation for the Superbowl. If we had a competent QB who could stay healthy this is easily a playoff caliber team. I'd like to believe that next year EJ will take the next step, but I really believe this team is good enough to make the playoffs with a good QB. That is the most important thing for this team right now and therefore there should be a viable plan B.

Comment

Working...
                              X