X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

EJ & his brace

I believe an important factor in yesterday's SB was the mobility of Wilson and the lack thereof of Manning. Mobility has been an obvious trend in the league for several years now. With EJ wearing a brace there will probably be limitations on his running and on his mobility in the pocket. Manning was most uncomfortable when he had to move. I am worried the same may be true for EJ. I have serious reservations about his ability to be a force in the league.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: EJ & his brace

its a legit concern
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Why would a brace limit his mobility?

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Fred Jackson wore a brace through most of this season.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Manning was uncomfortable on the move because that it not his game. Don't think it will be a problem for EJ's mobility.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Fred Jackson wore a brace through most of this season.
            And his QB rating was the lowest of his career.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

After watching the caliber of QB play in this playoff, I don't see EJ ever coming to that level. He lacks the accuracy for starters, the arm strength, the pocket presence, and there's a damn good chance he'll be injured by game 4 next year. In the meantime the coaching staff has this blind allegiance to him, and will not draft a meaningful replacement for him, leaving us to waste yet another year. I've already made my assessment of him, he's a good backup. His brace is not the problem, its his arm.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

every player that wears one says it does limit them somewhat but they adapt

im more concerned why they feel he needs one already. the surgeries were supposed to be relatively minor and if they went well he shouldnt need a brace. at his age after six months he should be strong as ever, so they must be thinking he has some special risk with one or both knees. it doesnt doom him or anything but it is admittedly troubling
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Your hero Tom Brady wears one.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    every player that wears one says it does limit them somewhat but they adapt

im more concerned why they feel he needs one already. the surgeries were supposed to be relatively minor and if they went well he shouldnt need a brace. at his age after six months he should be strong as ever, so they must be thinking he has some special risk with one or both knees. it doesnt doom him or anything but it is admittedly troubling
                    Wouldn't read too much into it. Lots of players wear braces to help them with the mental aspect of getting over the injury.

I know under Greg Schiano the Tampa QB's were mandated that they had to wear braces. Most OL do to protect their knees as well.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't think 9 months and 10 games qualifies as 'blind allegiance'.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                        After watching the caliber of QB play in this playoff, I don't see EJ ever coming to that level. He lacks the accuracy for starters, the arm strength, the pocket presence, and there's a damn good chance he'll be injured by game 4 next year. In the meantime the coaching staff has this blind allegiance to him, and will not draft a meaningful replacement for him, leaving us to waste yet another year. I've already made my assessment of him, he's a good backup. His brace is not the problem, its his arm.
                        You've already made your assessment? LMAO.. Just who the **** do you think you are anyway?

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

For all the questions about EJ, arm strength ain't one of them.
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            You've already made your assessment? LMAO.. Just who the **** do you think you are anyway?

Its my opinion in a chat room dickwad. Isn't that why we're here?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Its my opinion in a chat room dickwad. Isn't that why we're here?
                              Easy...don't upset the EJ brigade.

I will say that you took some very big jumps in your post. The draft hasn't happened yet, has it? FA? Week 4?

I agree with some of your assessment of EJ. The young man does not appear to be able to throw a football too well. That may be problematic moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X