PDA

View Full Version : EJ's accuracy

JoeMama
02-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I looked up EJ's situational passing statistics and the results were... pleasantly surprising?

I assumed he did much worse, especially on deep balls. I also assumed his check downs would inflate his completion percentage but that doesn't appear to be the case either.

Pass attempts 1-10 yards:
57 completions/100 attempts
57.0%
71.0 QB rating

11-20 yards:
64/100
64.0%
86.0 QBR

21-30 yards: (this is where he struggled the most)
37/71
52.1%
67.2 QBR

31+ yards: (this is where I assumed he struggled most)
22/35
62.9%
94.6 QBR

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/situationalstats

WTF? I didn't see this coming.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/mindblowing.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/mindblowing.gif.html)

justasportsfan
02-04-2014, 09:22 AM
does it show how much of those completions were made because the receiver had to make acrobatic catches. From what I've seen, they have had to bend down a lot or make catches thrown behind them.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-04-2014, 09:51 AM
You're reading that chart incorrectly. That's not "Passes he throws 1-10 yards" it's "How well he did on his first 10 passes in each game" What it shows is that EJ heats up a bit if he gets a lot of passing attempts.

Here's his pass chart by distance:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

<tbody>
BY PASS PLAY
CMP
ATT
YDS
CMP%
AVG
LNG
TD
INT
SACK
RAT
ATT
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

Pass Thrown Behind Line of Scrimmage

Pass Thrown 1-10 yds

Pass Thrown 11-20 yds

Pass Thrown 21-30 yds

Pass Thrown 31-40 yds

Pass Thrown 41+ yds

</tbody>

JoeMama
02-04-2014, 10:08 AM
You're reading that chart incorrectly. That's not "Passes he throws 1-10 yards" it's "How well he did on his first 10 passes in each game" What it shows is that EJ heats up a bit if he gets a lot of passing attempts.

Here's his pass chart by distance:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

<tbody>
BY PASS PLAY
CMP
ATT
YDS
CMP%
AVG
LNG
TD
INT
SACK
RAT
ATT
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

Pass Thrown Behind Line of Scrimmage

Pass Thrown 1-10 yds

Pass Thrown 11-20 yds

Pass Thrown 21-30 yds

Pass Thrown 31-40 yds

Pass Thrown 41+ yds

</tbody>

Thank you.

That makes much more sense.

My head's not in the game today.

JCBills
02-04-2014, 12:25 PM
does it show how much of those completions were made because the receiver had to make acrobatic catches. From what I've seen, they have had to bend down a lot or make catches thrown behind them.

It would then also have to account for the balls that hit guys in the hands and they dropped.

Buffalogic
02-04-2014, 12:42 PM
And 6 yard passes that the receiver ran for 20 yards after the catch.

better days
02-04-2014, 12:48 PM

Why? All catches are the same for all QB's.

There is a category for YAC.

jdaltroy5
02-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Thank you.

That makes much more sense.

My head's not in the game today.It's tough reading information without colourful graphics.

Just ask a grown up next time, big guy.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM

That can be a function of good QB play. Putting it where your guys can keep running is a critical skill.

DesertFox24
02-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Guys stop trying to show that EJ was not as bad everyone thinks he was because he did not Andrew Luck us into the playoffs.

He sucks always will and will never get better or improve his mechanics and become a legitimate QB in this league.

In order for him to be legitimate the four horse man of the apocalypse would have to show up and kill the other 31 starting QBs from last year.

The above is summary of opinions from posters on this board, and in now way shape or form represent the feelings of this specific poster. This specific poster who goes by the avatar "DesertFox24" believes it is way to early to tell if EJ will be any good or bust and has stated he will wait till next year.

justasportsfan
02-04-2014, 01:58 PM
It would then also have to account for the balls that hit guys in the hands and they dropped.

yes it would. Especially the ones that they dropped because he was off target.

WagonCircler
02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
EJ's accuracy = Jumbo shrimp

EJ's accuracy = Southern culture

EJ's accuracy = Exciting soccer game

EJ's accuracy = Great Depression

EJ's accuracy = Delicious Beets

Buffalogic
02-04-2014, 02:18 PM
That can be a function of good QB play. Putting it where your guys can keep running is a critical skill.
I would agree with you if the ball travels 40 yards in the air first. An Nfl qb should be able to place the ball correctly every time when the receiver is only 5 yards away.

better days
02-04-2014, 02:46 PM
yes it would. Especially the ones that they dropped because he was off target.

You already accounted for those justa.

JCBills was referring to good throws which were dropped.

And there were a number of them as well as completions that were fumbled.

Buffalogic
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
A fumbled completion is still a completion.

better days
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Wagon Circler;3908449]A fumbled completion is still a completion.[/

Agreed, I am just pointing out if not for fumbles like in the Falcons game, the Bills would have won a few games they lost.

WagonCircler
02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Wagon Circler;3908449]A fumbled completion is still a completion.[/

Agreed, I am just pointing out if not for fumbles like in the Falcons game, the Bills would have won a few games they lost.

Many of those lost fumbles were due to EJ and Thad carrying the ball like a loaf of bread.

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Many of those lost fumbles were due to EJ and Thad carrying the ball like a loaf of bread.Try to keep up... It's in reference to receiver fumbles.

WagonCircler
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Try to keep up... It's in reference to receiver fumbles.

No, douchebag, my comment was in reference to this general comment about fumbles:

Piss poor QB play has the Bills drafting in the top ten once again, thanks to your boy EJ. His suckitude is spread over many aspects of the game.

I hope he's saving his money. As the saying goes, NFL stands for Not For Long.

better days
02-04-2014, 08:23 PM
No, douchebag, my comment was in reference to this general comment about fumbles:

Piss poor QB play has the Bills drafting in the top ten once again, thanks to your boy EJ. His suckitude is spread over many aspects of the game.

I hope he's saving his money. As the saying goes, NFL stands for Not For Long.

If EJ can stay healthy, he can play in the NFL for YEARS.

Josh McCown was drafted in the 3rd rnd in 2002 & he is STILL in the NFL for crying out loud.

Skooby
02-04-2014, 09:02 PM
EJ looked like our best QB this year, who wouldn't of started on any other team in the NFL.

WagonCircler
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
If EJ can stay healthy, he can play in the NFL for YEARS.

Josh McCown was drafted in the 3rd rnd in 2002 & he is STILL in the NFL for crying out loud.

If EJ can stay healthy?

Isn't that like asking if Kirstie Alley can stay thin?

Mace
02-04-2014, 09:22 PM
EJ's accuracy = Jumbo shrimp

EJ's accuracy = Southern culture

EJ's accuracy = Exciting soccer game

EJ's accuracy = Great Depression

EJ's accuracy = Delicious Beets

Delicious beets ftw !

Skooby
02-04-2014, 09:31 PM
If EJ can stay healthy?

Isn't that like asking if Kirstie Alley can stay thin?

She will never be able to stay thin & EJ will never stay healthy for a career.

JoeMama
02-04-2014, 10:41 PM
It's tough reading information without colourful graphics.

Just ask a grown up next time, big guy.

I can't understand a word you're saying. I don't speak foreign!

Also, please reply using finger paints instead of words/numbers on a screen. You're talking to a guy who just misinterpreted ESPN's stats page -- which is basically the idiot's guide to pro sports -- so it's not like you're dealing with an intellectual powerhouse over here.

go eejay menuwal!11 tutzdown!!11

YardRat
02-05-2014, 05:22 AM
We all make mistakes Joe, don't let it ruin your day.

swiper
02-05-2014, 05:41 AM

Yeah. Joe Mama trying to use stats to show what cannot be seen on the field. WRs coming back, taking wicked hits to catch the ball. The FACT is the Bills WR corps is better than you saw last year and the QB is worse.

For all of you that want a "TE upgrade" go back and look at Chandler's time with Fitzpatrick. Yes he had a tough season. But the QB didn't help him. At least Fitzpatrick could hit him.

These attempts to justify patience with EJ Manuel are stupid.

JoeMama
02-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Yeah. Joe Mama trying to use stats to show what cannot be seen on the field. WRs coming back, taking wicked hits to catch the ball. The FACT is the Bills WR corps is better than you saw last year and the QB is worse.

For all of you that want a "TE upgrade" go back and look at Chandler's time with Fitzpatrick. Yes he had a tough season. But the QB didn't help him. At least Fitzpatrick could hit him.

1) The stats I posted turned out to be invalid.

2) My intention in posting them wasn't to be like, "Ha! Take that people who don't like EJ!" because I'm in the same camp as anybody else who has a sense of disappointment with EJ.

better days
02-05-2014, 08:17 AM
EJ looked like our best QB this year, who wouldn't of started on any other team in the NFL.

This is BS Mitch. EJ would have started for the Browns, Jets, Raiders, Jags & Vikings off the top of my head.

swiper
02-05-2014, 08:18 AM
This is BS Mitch. EJ would have started for the Browns, Jets, Raiders, Jags & Vikings off the top of my head.

ROFL. better days has had better posts.

Goobylal
02-05-2014, 08:41 AM

The only thing that's stupid is thinking the Bills need to draft a QB high (especially in this draft, which looks like another 2011) based off of EJ's 2013 season, never mind the supposed quality of the WR corps that, funny enough, couldn't stay healthy either and couldn't consistently get open or make catches or hand onto the ball. Now EJ needs to improve, but so too does the receiving corps. And if you want an example of how much a receiving corps affects a QB, look at Brady from 2007-2012 and this past season.

justasportsfan
02-05-2014, 10:25 AM
You already accounted for those justa.

JCBills was referring to good throws which were dropped.

And there were a number of them as well as completions that were fumbled. I realize that there were good throws that were dropped . I also realize that there were a lot of inaccurate throws that the receivers caught. Thing is, there weren't as much problems with our receivers dropping the ball when Fitz was the qb . I know it's not all EJ's fault .It's part lack of chemistry with EJ , most likely bad wr coaching (which is why he was fired), and partly because EJ was trentative with his throws which makes him inaccurate.

justasportsfan
02-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Actually, I am one of those who isn't giving up on EJ just yet. However, I won't try and spin his performance to make him look better than he really was either. I guess I expected more out of EJ than what I've seen. I don't have patience for a qb that plays like Rob Johnson and Trent.

Dr. Who
02-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Let's see what he can do with a full training camp and if he can stay healthy. EJ was supposed to be a project. Ten games interrupted by injury seems too early to draw conclusions, though that isn't stopping many folks.

stuckincincy
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Let's see what he can do with a full training camp and if he can stay healthy. EJ was supposed to be a project. Ten games interrupted by injury seems too early to draw conclusions, though that isn't stopping many folks.

Yep.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2014, 12:45 PM
I would agree with you if the ball travels 40 yards in the air first. An Nfl qb should be able to place the ball correctly every time when the receiver is only 5 yards away.

You say that and you've watched Buffalo football? If Losman or Fitz could do that, they might not have been run out of town.

swiper
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
The only thing that's stupid is thinking the Bills need to draft a QB high (especially in this draft, which looks like another 2011) based off of EJ's 2013 season, never mind the supposed quality of the WR corps that, funny enough, couldn't stay healthy either and couldn't consistently get open or make catches or hand onto the ball. Now EJ needs to improve, but so too does the receiving corps. And if you want an example of how much a receiving corps affects a QB, look at Brady from 2007-2012 and this past season.

Sure. Bro. You seem smart.

Goobylal
02-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Sure. Bro. You seem smart.
You don't. Which is probably why you keep harping on the same stupid ****.

kishoph
02-06-2014, 05:34 AM

Is it "fact" if I saw something completely that what you saw, or is it opinions ?

Chandlers best year with Fitz, 43 receptions
Chandlers best (1st ) year with Manuel, 39 in 10 games (53 for the season).

When you're attempting to justify bashing EJ Manuel, use facts.

Goobylal
02-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Is it "fact" if I saw something completely that what you saw, or is it opinions ?

Damn. I was going to do this myself but forgot. Good job.

starrymessenger
02-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Not meaning to disagree but I wonder what % of total targets for each QB Chandler represented.
And as to the main point, I wonder how the comparison pans out if we substitute our best WR for the TE.

swiper
02-07-2014, 05:06 AM
You don't. Which is probably why you keep harping on the same stupid ****.

It might helped if you actually watched the games instead of playing Nintendo.

Goobylal
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
It might helped if you actually watched the games instead of playing Nintendo.
Oh, the hypocrisy! Only a Madden fan would talk about drafting a QB in the 1st a year after drafting a QB in the 1st.

But who, pray tell, would you draft at 9?

WagonCircler
02-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Only a Madden fan would talk about drafting a QB in the 1st a year after drafting a QB in the 1st.

...or anyone who has watched the many games in which EJ completed more passes to the cheerleaders and the guys working the chains than to his WRs.

Goobylal
02-08-2014, 09:19 AM
...or anyone who has watched the many games in which EJ completed more passes to the cheerleaders and the guys working the chains than to his WRs.
Yes, the whole 2 games where he completed less than 50% of his passes, with one being a road game against a great defense who also held Brady to under-50% passing, while the other was in a win and in which receivers made mistakes (Chandler not getting both feet in-bounds and Lee Smith tripping over the goal line). Got me there!

WagonCircler
02-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes, the whole 2 games where he completed less than 50% of his passes, with one being a road game against a great defense who also held Brady to under-50% passing, while the other was in a win and in which receivers made mistakes (Chandler not getting both feet in-bounds and Lee Smith tripping over the goal line). Got me there!

Well, given that in in most of his games (you know, the ones he actually played in) he showed a Trent Edwards-like sacklessness about throwing downfield, most of his throws were actually tosses, and even then, he often missed, and missed BADLY.

Are you SERIOUSLY denying that he has an accuracy problem? Do you even watch the games? Even the coaches admit that he has serious mechanical problems that result in piss poor accuracy.

Yasgur's Farm
02-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Well, given that in in most of his games (you know, the ones he actually played in) he showed a Trent Edwards-like sacklessness about throwing downfield, most of his throws were actually tosses, and even then, he often missed, and missed BADLY.

Are you SERIOUSLY denying that he has an accuracy problem? Do you even watch the games? Even the coaches admit that he has serious mechanical problems that result in piss poor accuracy.
1) I don't agree that he had an accuracy problem... He actually grades well historically for rookie starters... But that fact is ignored by posters such as yourself.
2) I wanna see coaches quotes... I've never seen any... I don't believe you.

YardRat
02-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Peyton Manning threw less balls downfield than every other QB in the league, and had the most pass attempts under 5 yards (I believe). Just sayin'...

better days
02-09-2014, 08:15 AM

EJ was too inconsistent last year.

He was accurate at times, but he was not consistently accurate.

I said before, I think his knee issues may have affected him last year.

No question EJ has to stay healthy & improve on his consistency this season.

swiper
02-09-2014, 08:17 AM
There we go again. Comparing EJ Manuel to Peyton Manning.

better days
02-09-2014, 08:31 AM

What is your point?

Goobylal
02-09-2014, 11:44 AM
What is your point?
The point is that it hurts his argument. Manning looked incredibly bad his rookie season, despite having a far more impressive college career and being the first overall pick. If the Colts have drafted another QB in the 1st the following year...

IlluminatusUIUC
02-09-2014, 12:14 PM
The point is that it hurts his argument. Manning looked incredibly bad his rookie season, despite having a far more impressive college career and being the first overall pick. If the Colts have drafted another QB in the 1st the following year...

Manning threw a lot of INTs because he was trying to force things. But you also saw the signs of what makes him successful - he rarely takes sacks (22 on 575 dropbacks vs. 28 on 303 for EJ) and throws it well near the goalline (10 TDs vs. 0 ints inside the opponent's 10). Manning also survived the whole season, and the next twelve seasons, without missing a game to injury.

Manning having a rough rookie year has become a convenient excuse to take the pressure off every struggling rookie QB from now until forever. I'm sure if you looked on Jets boards, you'd find Jets homers saying the same thing about Geno. In the archives of Jags boards, you'd find the same things about Gabbert. In archives of the Vikings boards, you find the same about Ponder.

We shouldn't cut the rope on EJ, but he hasn't earned an undisputed starter's role IMO, and bringing him into camp with only Tuel and Lewis as competition is doing exactly that.

Goobylal
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Manning threw a lot of INTs because he was trying to force things. But you also saw the signs of what makes him successful - he rarely takes sacks (22 on 575 dropbacks vs. 28 on 303 for EJ) and throws it well near the goalline (10 TDs vs. 0 ints inside the opponent's 10). Manning also survived the whole season, and the next twelve seasons, without missing a game to injury.

Manning having a rough rookie year has become a convenient excuse to take the pressure off every struggling rookie QB from now until forever. I'm sure if you looked on Jets boards, you'd find Jets homers saying the same thing about Geno. In the archives of Jags boards, you'd find the same things about Gabbert. In archives of the Vikings boards, you find the same about Ponder.

We shouldn't cut the rope on EJ, but he hasn't earned an undisputed starter's role IMO, and bringing him into camp with only Tuel and Lewis as competition is doing exactly that.
It's not a convenient excuse. It shows that many QB's, no matter how great they turn out to be, will struggle early on as they get accustomed to the speed of the NFL. To throw them away after one season, which is the point, is silly. And while I have no problem adding another QB in the draft, I wouldn't take one on the first 2 days and wouldn't give him anywhere close to the number of snaps he'd need to show his stuff, since EJ and Lewis will be ahead of him and need them far more. And the only way that 3rd QB sees the field is to injury to both guys.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-09-2014, 01:14 PM
It's not a convenient excuse. It shows that many QB's, no matter how great they turn out to be, will struggle early on as they get accustomed to the speed of the NFL. To throw them away after one season, which is the point, is silly. And while I have no problem adding another QB in the draft, I wouldn't take one on the first 2 days and wouldn't give him anywhere close to the number of snaps he'd need to show his stuff, since EJ and Lewis will be ahead of him and need them far more. And the only way that 3rd QB sees the field is to injury to both guys.

It is a convenient excuse, because you are re-writing Manning's rookie season to say he "looked incredibly bad". They gave him 575 dropbacks as a rookie, and he set rookie records that stood for over ten years. That's a hell of a lot more pressure than they put on EJ after they gave him a college offense to run, and then led the league in rushing attempts by a country mile to make things even easier. I'm not saying throw EJ away, but I'm also not willing to hand him something he didn't earn.

YardRat
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM

Actually I was comparing Peyton Manning with every QB in the league within the context of throwing the ball down the field.

I know it can be difficult at times to keep up, but at least put in a little bit of effort.

better days
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM

If you want competition for EJ in TC, I am fine with that.

WHO would you suggest provide that competition? If it is a Rookie, what rnd do you want him drafted in?

And why does anyone think any rookie would be more competition to EJ than Tuel or Thad?

WagonCircler
02-09-2014, 10:11 PM
And why does anyone think any rookie would be more competition to EJ than Tuel or Thad?

Because we saw them both play last year.

Goobylal
02-09-2014, 10:23 PM
LOL! And you saw any rookie play in the NFL? You realize this QB class is way overhyped, and that even still, up to 5 QB's could go before the Bills even pick, right?

better days
02-09-2014, 10:53 PM

Yeah, and you saw the College QB's play last year as well.

So WHICH Rookie QB next year could provide more Competition to EJ than Thad & Tuel?

Manziel? Bridgewater? Even if those two could provide more competition, could the Bills draft them if they wanted to?

k-oneputt
02-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah, and you saw the College QB's play last year as well.

So WHICH Rookie QB next year could provide more Competition to EJ than Thad & Tuel?

Manziel? Bridgewater? Even if those two could provide more competition, could the Bills draft them if they wanted to?

The question should be, Which one wouldn't ?.
All of them from Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel.
The problem is they will all be gone by the 9th pick.

better days
02-10-2014, 08:18 AM
The question should be, Which one wouldn't ?.
All of them from Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel.
The problem is they will all be gone by the 9th pick.

I seriously doubt all QB's in this draft will be more competition than Thad or Tuel.

Bridgewater, Bortels & Manziel probably would be more competition than Thad or Tuel, but as you said they all be gone by the 9th pick.

I think the question is will any of them be as good as EJ who was picked at #16?

I know I am in the minority, but I am happy the Bills have no need for a QB from this draft class.

If the Bills can steal a QB prospect in the mid to late rnds, GREAT.

But a lot of teams are going to overdraft the next Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy.

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2014, 08:31 AM
I seriously doubt all QB's in this draft will be more competition than Thad or Tuel.

Bridgewater, Bortels & Manziel probably would be more competition than Thad or Tuel, but as you said they all be gone by the 9th pick.

I think the question is will any of them be as good as EJ who was picked at #16?

I know I am in the minority, but I am happy the Bills have no need for a QB from this draft class.

If the Bills can steal a QB prospect in the mid to late rnds, GREAT.

But a lot of teams are going to overdraft the next Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy.I don't believe you're in the minority regarding being "happy" with what we have in EJ vs this draft class (and pretty much any feesible vet FA for that matter).

We can upgrade our depth however... And I'm all for that as long as it's after round 3.

Question remains as to will the Bills release Tuel and/or Lewis (or even Kolb) in order to make room.

better days
02-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't believe you're in the minority regarding being "happy" with what we have in EJ vs this draft class (and pretty much any feesible vet FA for that matter).

We can upgrade our depth however... And I'm all for that as long as it's after round 3.

Question remains as to will the Bills release Tuel and/or Lewis (or even Kolb) in order to make room.

I know a lot of people are ready to give up on Tuel because of one bad throw against the Chiefs.

I still think he has potential myself.

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I know a lot of people are ready to give up on Tuel because of one bad throw against the Chiefs.

I still think he has potential myself.

He might. For some reason, he reminds me of Carson Palmer's younger brother, Jordan, who was on the CIN roster for a year or two. Jordan - as they say - can make "all" the throws. But he has abysmal pocket presence...a real deer-in-the-headlights.

Could be that Tuel's lousy game against KC will land him on the practice squad without (the previous) concerns of him getting plucked.

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I believe that Tuel is no longer PS eligible... I dunno... You decide.
Practice Squad Eligibility
According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team’s squad unless that team’s active roster never dips below 53 players.

EligibilityPractice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. In fact, players with more than one year of accrued NFL service are not eligible. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 11:16 AM
I believe that Tuel is no longer PS eligible... I dunno... You decide.

[/LIST]

Looks like he can't. Thanks for the info.

Yasgur's Farm
02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I found that he was inactive for the 1st time on 11/10. That means, even if he was inactive the remainder of the season, he still would have been active for 9 games.

Bills dress just 2 QBs <small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2013-11-10T11:50:11-0500"> November 10, 2013 – 11:50 am </abbr></small>

Bills head coach Doug Marrone hinted at it, but it’s official now. Buffalo is going into today’s game with just two quarterbacks. It’s far from unusual, but EJ Manuel and Thad Lewis are the two active QBs. Jeff Tuel is inactive for the first time this season.

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I found that he was inactive for the 1st time on 11/10. That means, even if he was inactive the remainder of the season, he still would have been active for 9 games.

Looks like the book is closed on him, for the moment.