PDA

View Full Version : Is there a team that Mario Williams wouldn't start on ?

Skooby
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Is there a team that Mario Williams wouldn't start on ?

Buffalo Thriller
02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Imagine him on the Seattle d-line.

feldspar
02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Is this a rhetorical question?

upstart
02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
The question should be......Is there a team that would pay him what the bills are ?

Pinkerton Security
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM
The question should be......Is there a team that would pay him what the bills are ?

I understand the question, but it doesnt matter. We have plenty of cap room. People ***** when we dont spend money, yet then we land the biggest FA for an offseason, and they ***** some more. Not saying you are specifically, but we needed a pass rusher, and he has been solid in that regard.

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Another ******ed Poll.

Come on man!

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Is there a team that Mario Williams wouldn't start on ?

CIN. They wouldn't give up Carlos Dunlap's and Michael Johnson's tackle numbers, run defense, and defended passes.

Buffalogic
02-10-2014, 10:44 AM
MJ is a FA

feldspar
02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
MJ is a FA

Is that pig latin, or what?

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
MJ is a FA

Well, sign 'em up. He's a much more complete DE than MW. There wasn't a team in the league that didn't know that Mario is all about sack numbers above stopping a ball carrier. Encouraged by the BUF management to justify that contract, realizing correctly about fan fascination with sacks as opposed to overall football play. See also Jarius Byrd.

Pinkerton Security
02-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Well, sign 'em up. He's a much more complete DE than MW. There wasn't a team in the league that didn't know that Mario is all about sack numbers above stopping a ball carrier. Encouraged by the BUF management to justify that contract, realizing correctly about fan fascination with sacks as opposed to overall football play. See also Jarius Byrd.

Im not saying MW is the worlds best DE, but his pass rushing ability doesnt just translate into sack numbers for himself. The OL keeping an eye on him allowed the other 3 guys on our line to pressure the QB consistently - see their sack numbers for proof.

stuckincincy
02-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Im not saying MW is the worlds best DE, but his pass rushing ability doesnt just translate into sack numbers for himself. The OL keeping an eye on him allowed the other 3 guys on our line to pressure the QB consistently - see their sack numbers for proof.

The problem was that the rest of the league knew that BUF had to justify the Mario signing, and watched them proceed to toss the proverbial kitchen sink into sacking the qb. A 16 game starting DE who garnered 28 total tackles, 13.5 of them being sacks, must be some sort of record.

Toss Hughes into that plan. DAL cut their losses on him. With BUF selling out on defense for the sack, BUF once again scraped the bottom of the barrel in run defense.

Alonzo had a nice season, but tapered off, be it rookie fatigue or teams catching on. The UB draft prospect Mack looks to be a thumper. Might be a good idea to go in that direction, and give Alonzo some help. The kid is enthusiastic - they should add support.

Mace
02-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Without semantics, I took "Of there's a team that wouldn't start him" thinking it might be "If".

Quinn (LA), Watt (Houston), Hardy (Carolina), Jordan (NO), Allen (Minn), Jones (NE), Vernon (Mia), Tuck (NYG) all also play the run too and have occasion to get dirty by hitting the ground once in a while. He's sort of in the same ballpark as Charles Johnson from Carolina who is cheaper. Most of them don't disappear a few games at a time.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Kansas City, Houston, Seattle, Arizona, San Fransisco, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

SquishDaFish
02-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Hee would start on every team at either de or olb. Give it a break skooby

k-oneputt
02-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Kansas City, Houston, Seattle, Arizona, San Fransisco, and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

LOL Really ?

Skooby
02-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Hee would start on every team at either de or olb. Give it a break skooby

So we have a guy at one position that starts for everybody & the guy at our main position who would start for almost nobody (EJ). I have an idea, why don't we try to draft a guy that might play QB well enough to play for everybody , since we're going to probably have to play him at some point this next season.

SquishDaFish
02-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Ej is going to show you this coming season he was a damn rookie you fool

Skooby
02-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Ej is going to show you this coming season he was a damn rookie you fool

I'd just like to see him healthy.

SquishDaFish
02-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Once again Skoobs it was 1 year. If he has another injury type year I will agree with you

better days
02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
So we have a guy at one position that starts for everybody & the guy at our main position who would start for almost nobody (EJ). I have an idea, why don't we try to draft a guy that might play QB well enough to play for everybody , since we're going to probably have to play him at some point this next season.

Great seer that you are, who would be the QB in this draft that the Bills could draft that could play for EVERYBODY?

And by EVERYBODY, I guess you are including the Pats*, Saints, Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, etc.

Tell us who this QB is, I am all for drafting him.

JoeMama
02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Great seer that you are, who would be the QB in this draft that the Bills could draft that could play for EVERYBODY?

And by EVERYBODY, I guess you are including the Pats*, Saints, Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers, etc.

Tell us who this QB is, I am all for drafting him.

It's a pretty decent QB class, take your pick.

stuckincincy
02-15-2014, 03:03 PM
How did his thread go from a discussion about a DE to chatter about QBs?

JoeMama
02-15-2014, 03:08 PM
How did his thread go from a discussion about a DE to chatter about QBs?

There were only 22 posts prior to yours.

You could just see for yourself rather than asking pointless questions.

stuckincincy
02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
There were only 22 posts prior to yours.

You could just see for yourself rather than asking pointless questions.

Why was my post pointless? Please explain.