X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

ESPN: Bills shouldn't be head over heels for EJ

It's games like a Week 2 comeback win over the Carolina Panthers, when Manuel completed nearly 70 percent of his passes, which should give the Bills hope.

Yet, it's dreadful performances like a Week 14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, when Manuel posted a 31.2 passer rating, which must give pause to any team looking to contend for the playoffs.

Then there's the injury issue. Manuel tore the meniscus in his left knee during the preseason, requiring surgery. A pair of ligament sprains, one in each knee, kept him out of a total of six games during the regular season.
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: ESPN: Bills shouldn't be head over heels for EJ

Why not take a chance on Kirk Cousins, a former fourth-round pick who could be on the trading block for the Washington Redskins?
    I got this lovely, powder blue Le Sabre. Just 2500 miles on it. An old lady used it to drive to church every Sunday.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Hopefully, a full offseason of working on his mechanics and passing should help him out plus a qb coach. I think he'll do better. Whether he ever becomes a franchise qb .... we'll have to wait and see.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
        I got this lovely, powder blue Le Sabre.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
          • Dec 2008

Wilson, Flacco, Eli...

I'm so sick of the "we need Jesus behind center" discussions.

Put a good defense out there (bruce smith), run the ball between the tackles (thurman), make the throws you need to make to receivers that can get open and then get yards after the catch (reed), and win football games.

It's always been that way, and it always will be that way.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Hello common sense.

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
              Wilson, Flacco, Eli...

Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

HOLY **** PEOPLE.

ENOUGH ALREADY.

No one is sold on the guy. We will find out this year. If he doesn't show something he is gone.

Simple as that.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I hate Mike Rodak. He's a Patriots writer who got assigned the Bills by ESPN. So he didn't give a crap about this team until September and he doesn't particularly give a crap now.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Also the Redskins, are going to want at least a 3rd most likely a second for Cousins, way more of a gamble than signing Flynn off the street. Rodak is a big dummy.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

I think we've ended the cycle where backup QBs have trade value. Too many Cassels and Flynns recently for that **** to still fly.

A couple of years from now, teams will forget and somebody will be able to sell Rob Johnson for a 1st round pick again. But not now. Today in this market, Kirk Cousins ain't worth the 4th they paid for him.

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                        I think we've ended the cycle where backup QBs have trade value. Too many Cassels and Flynns recently for that **** to still fly.

A couple of years from now, teams will forget and somebody will be able to sell Rob Johnson for a 1st round pick again. But not now. Today in this market, Kirk Cousins ain't worth the 4th they paid for him.
                        But he is to the Redskins, which is why Rodak is a boob.
                        It was all

Comment

• jimmifli
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          But he is to the Redskins, which is why Rodak is a boob.
                          He's probably worth more than a 3rd to Washington. Their QB isn't exactly would I call durable.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                            Wilson, Flacco, Eli...

Put a good defense out there (bruce smith), run the ball between the tackles (thurman), make the throws you need to make to receivers that can get open and then get yards after the catch (reed), and win football games.

It's always been that way, and it always will be that way.
                            So all we need is a HOF DE, a HOF RB, and a HOF WR, and we'll win? Why didnt you say that before!!?!?!

Oh and you forgot to mention: WE ALSO HAD A HOF QB. So this makes your point pretty terrible lol

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Here's to looking forward to another 6-10 finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X