PDA

View Full Version : McShay and Kiper's latest mocks

Pinkerton Security
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Id be happy with either:

Kiper: Jake Matthews

Analysis: The injuries to EJ Manuel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel) last season would make you think pass-blocking has to be a priority, but where the Bills' offensive line was really bad was in creating any push in the run game. You don't just protect a young QB by creating a pretty pocket, it's also nice when he can hand the ball off with any reasonable sense of optimism. Matthews will help. I suspect he'd jump in right away at right tackle and succeed -- he can play left or right -- and his ability to finish as a run-blocker could pay early dividends.

McShay: Sammy Watkins

Analysis: The Bills have more pressing needs than wide receiver, including offensive line (specifically guard and right tackle), tight end (if Scott Chandler is not re-signed) and safety (if Jairus Byrd is not re-signed), but pairing young and developing QB EJ Manuel with the top receiver in this year's class might be too tempting to pass up. Watkins is a physical receiver with a big-time second gear who is very competitive when the ball is in the air. Texas A&M's Mike Evans would also make a lot of sense, as his size would provide a good complement to the smaller, faster receivers on Buffalo's roster.

EDS
02-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Would be great if Watkins, Matthews or Barr were available when the Bills pick.

Mindbender
02-06-2014, 01:52 PM
I would be ecstatic with either one. We might just get a blue chipper at 9 if there's a QB run at the top of the draft.

gr8slayer
02-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I really hate that once again, we're not bad enough for a top pick, and we're not good enough to be a playoff team. Being mediocre is so incredibly annoying.

DraftBoy
02-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Matthews at 9? Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

swiper
02-06-2014, 06:01 PM
One of the few times Kiper makes sense to me.

PISSCHUNK
02-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm with you Draftboy...Matthews or Robinson and I would be delighted. if neither, I would hope for Mack. fter that, its Lewan or Ebron I suppose.

feldspar
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I really hate that once again, we're not bad enough for a top pick, and we're not good enough to be a playoff team. Being mediocre is so incredibly annoying.

Who would you take if you could take anybody in this year's draft?

Clowney? DE is not really what we need...Bills won't pursue a QB either.

Where we pick won't matter so much if either Kiper or McShay is right (something I wouldn't count on). I'd be happy with either of those two guys, and I rather see us go offense.

BillsImpossible
02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Gotta go O-line with the 9th pick. EJ could have 4 pro bowl receivers and 2 pro bowl running backs behind him, but without a good offensive line none of it matters.

After the 49ers lost Iupati to injury during the NFC Championship game, their offense struggled.

Protect the quarterback and run the ball. Dominate the trenches.

Accomplish that first, then EJ can throw the ball all he wants.

Matthews or Robinson in the first.

Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd.

Best linebacker available in the 3rd.

Murray or Mettinberger in the 4th.

Guard

Guard

Guard

Mace
02-06-2014, 07:18 PM
There's enough depth at positions to benefit us to trade down, and grab another pick.

That said, I'm not real sure they could make any pick to upset me unless it's one of the weak QB's, since we already have 3 maybes, and this years maybes look way maybier to me than average. Or a punter, or a kicker, or a DB, I'm ok with anything else. Good bunch of players top 15 when you weed out the reach QB's for this year.

feldspar
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
There's enough depth at positions to benefit us to trade down, and grab another pick.

That said, I'm not real sure they could make any pick to upset me unless it's one of the weak QB's, since we already have 3 maybes, and this years maybes look way maybier to me than average. Or a punter, or a kicker, or a DB, I'm ok with anything else. Good bunch of players top 15 when you weed out the reach QB's for this year.

Sometimes I think that you are a little more mabier than average too, Mace.

gr8slayer
02-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Talk about a bright future up front. Him at 9 would be a best case scenario, IMO. I don't see him being there.
Matthews at 9? Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

better days
02-07-2014, 08:33 AM

This is a deep draft with all the Juniors that declared. If the Bills can find a partner, I would love to see a trade down similar to last year.

Bills need a RT, LG, LB, maybe a Safety.

A WR & TE would be welcome once the needs are taken care of.

Uncle Jesse
02-07-2014, 08:33 AM

I'm not sure which elite guy you think we're missing out on? We aren't going QB, and Clowney could be gone #1 overall.

Pinkerton Security
02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure which elite guy you think we're missing out on? We aren't going QB, and Clowney could be gone #1 overall.

i hope 1-8 are QBs, DTs and DEs haha - leave us with the options of Matthews, Watkins, Mack, Barr, etc

Mace
02-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Sometimes I think that you are a little more mabier than average too, Mace.

Sometimes ?

Maybe I'm getting maybier daily.