Are The Bills Going To Trade Stevie Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Are The Bills Going To Trade Stevie Johnson?

Is the team better with him on the field in 2014, or are the Bills better off moving in a new direction?

SJ13 is not a prototypical number 1 receiver in terms of his size, but he's still the closest thing the Bills have to a #1 receiver on the roster.

He's never had a really good quarterback that can deliver the ball to him on a consistent basis.

Internally, what's really going on?

Does EJ get along with Stevie? Are they practicing together in the offseason, working out in the same gym, and hanging out as friends on occasion?

That matters, a lot.

What does the coaching staff think of Stevie Johnson's play in 2013?

52 catches out of 100 intended targets for 597 yards, 1 very costly fumble, and 3 TDs in 12 games.

Money shouldn't be an issue for the Bills, but is it wise to pay almost $9 million to Stevie Johnson next year?

Are the Bills better off spending that money on a player like J. Byrd?

The Bills can afford both.

Ultimately, I think it will boil down to a conversation between coach Marrone, Nathaniel Hackett and EJ Manuel.

If EJ3 is SJ13's homie, he's on the team in 2014.

Hope that is the case because I think EJ Manuel is going to have a very good year in 2014 and would very much like to see the Bills hang on to SJ13 to be apart of it.

But, if EJ Manuel thinks Stevie Johnson is a *****...can the Bills trade him?

What is Stevie Johnson worth in a trade?

I would trade SJ13 to any team other than the Patriots for 3rd round draft pick and nothing less.

What team's are desperate for wide receivers and would be willing to make this trade?

They could add an instant guaranteed starter on day 1 for a 3rd round draft choice.

What are the Bills going to do with Stevie Johnson?
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Are The Bills Going To Trade Stevie Johnson?

Draft this Watkins fellow and put Stevie at #2?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Stevie is like a 2.5 being paid ~#1 money, never a good combo to keep.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Woods will be our #1 guy. Stevie to the slot.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

yep. woods is gonna be a monster next season. stevie will be an excellent compliment
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ICRockets
            Childish Fake Voter
            • Jul 2008

I am legitimately looking forward to Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin next season. But I want a 3rd guy. I think Mike Evans could be our Demaryius Thomas. I think Sammy Watkins could be our Julio Jones. We have a strong pass blocking team. What we need is more weapons for EJ, and for EJ to stop being the bad version of EJ. Drafting one of those 2 elite receivers is my top priority. If we can get a pick for Stevie and grab a lineman with it, so much the better.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

This post just shows the utter delusion of Bills fans.

Look, I'm not a fan of Stevie. The guy has talent but lacks concentration and maturity and it routinely hurts the team. But we are stuck with him until we find a better option which the FO won't do because Stevie is their answer.

The delusional part is this: the original post trashes Stevie (deservedly so, IMO), but then goes on to ask about trading him. Given all his drawbacks, what possible trade value could he have, especially considering our weakness at the WR position? It doesn't make sense.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

I can't imagine anyone giving us enough for him to the point where this type of trade would possibly be worthwhile for the Bills.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  This post just shows the utter delusion of Bills fans.

Look, I'm not a fan of Stevie. The guy has talent but lacks concentration and maturity and it routinely hurts the team. But we are stuck with him until we find a better option which the FO won't do because Stevie is their answer.

The delusional part is this: the original post trashes Stevie (deservedly so, IMO), but then goes on to ask about trading him. Given all his drawbacks, what possible trade value could he have, especially considering our weakness at the WR position? It doesn't make sense.
                  Right and who wants him at 9M?

With Stevie it comes down to one thing. Reps, he doesn't run clean routes and that's not his style, a QB needs to know his timing and his looks if they're going to get on the same page, with EJ and Stevie's injuries that never happened.

I'm not worried about Stevie right now, is he worth 8-9M no, but he doesn't make our team worse and he's not keeping anyone else from getting on the field, so I have no issue with it.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I don't think that he has as much value as some here might think. He's gone from being a guy who looks like he MIGHT have #1 WR potential, to a guy who's clearly not cut out for it, that has questionable hands at times.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                      I don't think that he has as much value as some here might think. He's gone from being a guy who looks like he MIGHT have #1 WR potential, to a guy who's clearly not cut out for it, that has questionable hands at times.
                      Well, I think Stevie's absence last year proved his value.

No question in my mind, a healthy Stevie last year would have meant better numbers for the QB's and probably a few more wins for the Bills.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

On this team, he's a number one, no doubt. But that's not necessarily a ringing endorsement for the guy. We could put Lecter's skinny ass in shoulder pads, and he'd probably compete for #1 WR. That doesn't necessarily mean that he has much in the way of trade value around the league. Johnson is probably amongst the worst 2-3 #1 WR's in the league right now.

If you're a GM for another team, what kind of trade would you be offering the Bills for Stevie's services?
                        Originally posted by better days View Post
                        Well, I think Stevie's absence last year proved his value.

No question in my mind, a healthy Stevie last year would have meant better numbers for the QB's and probably a few more wins for the Bills.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

To Johnsons credit, I do think he showed maturity this year.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i think woods should be the #2, a #1 with size should be drafted. and stevie should be kept to teach him the ropes/compete with him.

goodwin is a kick returner in my eyes and a third down burner/depth. he's been hurt a couple times already and doesn't have the size.

if you go with woods being the inside guy and a big body receiver on the other side, then stevie can run his shelf life to next year and the bills will have a solid receiving corp.

if you don't want to do that, then keep stevie as 1 uncontested and find a high quality big body receiver in TE to replace chandler. he's the real weakness. he fumbled, he droppped passes, he took penalties. it was impressive that he got back to the field so quickly, but he wasn't the same guy he was the year prior.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

He was probably humbled a bit with everything going on.
                              Originally posted by The King View Post
                              To Johnsons credit, I do think he showed maturity this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X