PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football 2014 Mock Draft

Downinfloflo
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I like this site when it comes to the draft, so I'll post some of the Bills mock picks.

Round One:
Buffalo Bills: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

This is a similar pick to the one the Buccaneers made at No. 7; Buffalo is filling a lesser hole, but happens to be taking the top player available on the board. There's even talk that Greg Robinson, who had a terrific showing in the national championship, could pass Jake Matthews as the No. 1 tackle.

Having said that, Buffalo has more of a need for a tackle than Tampa - click here to see the team needs for the Bills (http://walterfootball.com/offseason2014buf.php) - because there's a rather large hole on the right side. Greg Robinson could start there right away, and he could eventually switch spots with Cordy Glenn if that's what the coaching staff wants to do.

Round Two:
Buffalo Bills: Austin Seferian-Jenkins (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014aseferianjenkins.php), TE, Washington

This offseason has to be all about building around E.J. Manuel. Buffalo already upgraded its offensive line; now it has to find a potent intermediate weapon for the second-year quarterback.

Round Three:
Buffalo Bills: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
Kiko Alonso is a stud, but the Bills need someone else to play next to him, especially given that Arthur Moats is heading into free agency.

Round Four:
Buffalo Bills: Trevor Reilly, DE/OLB, Utah

Jerry Hughes' great 2013 campaign came out of nowhere. The Bills should probably obtain some insurance just in case it was a fluke. They could use depth at linebacker anyway.

The site is updated daily. A bit surprised not to see a 'WR' in the top four.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Downinfloflo
02-07-2014, 05:37 PM
<center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: 24px;">Charlie Campbell

</center>Last update: Monday, Feb. 3, 2014. Round 4 added. http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie.php

Round One:
Buffalo Bills: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Round Two:
Buffalo Bills: Cyril Richardson, G/OT, Baylor

Round Three:
Buffalo Bills: Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State

Round Four:
Buffalo Bills: Xavier Grimble, TE, USC

swiper
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
I really don't want to see a CB in the top 3 picks. A safety? Fine. But not a CB. Enough already.

feldspar
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Walter Football final 2013 mock draft:

Round 1: Ryan Nassib
Round 2: Cordarrelle Patterson
Round 3: Vance McDonald
Round 4: Tharold Simon
Round 5: Lavar Edwards
Round 6: Omoregie Uzzi

Not a single one right.

Projecting the draft is a fool's errand.

Anybody know what McShay and Kiper's final drafts for the Bills were? I doubt they were very more accurate. Their "grades" after the fact don't mean much, either...maybe their "re-grades" reflect something.

Mace
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Not a single one right.

Would have been awesome if we'd gotten Omoregie Uzzi though.

feldspar
02-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Would have been awesome if we'd gotten Omoregie Uzzi though.

I agree, but only because he has a great name. Dustin Hopkins, not so much.

Downinfloflo
02-07-2014, 06:40 PM

We are Bills fans, What else have we been doing for the last 14 years? :kid:

GvilleBills
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Love the picks in the OP

YardRat
02-07-2014, 07:29 PM
lol...They must be using the fan simulator posted in the NFL Zone...here are my first three picks using that...

OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
WASHINGTON

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

WagonCircler
02-07-2014, 11:15 PM
I never thought I'd get to a point where I wish we had drafted Ryan Nassib.

#rockbottom

swiper
02-08-2014, 05:24 AM
I never thought I'd get to a point where I wish we had drafted Ryan Nassib.

#rockbottom

Hey. Matt Cassel just opted out of his contract. (LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/cassel-has-opted-out-of-his-contract/))

If nothing else, Cassel > Kolb.

stuckincincy
02-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Hey. Matt Cassel just opted out of his contract. (LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/cassel-has-opted-out-of-his-contract/))

If nothing else, Cassel > Kolb.

Heh - Cassel oughta be a hedge fund manager. Every time he makes a move, a pot of gold falls into his lap.

swiper
02-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Don't disagree about that. But he's a wanted commodity: a halfway reliable QB in a league where up to 1/3 teams struggling at that position. He sure would look good as the Bills #1 or #2. He's better than Fitzpatrick, who has been the best we've had in about ten years.

The Jokeman
02-08-2014, 09:48 AM

Not a single one right.

Anybody know what McShay and Kiper's final drafts for the Bills were? I doubt they were very more accurate. Their "grades" after the fact don't mean much, either...maybe their "re-grades" reflect something.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/4/24/4259942/2013-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-release-latest-mocks
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616829-mike-mayock-2013-mock-draft-complete-results-and-analysis

McShay had us taking Nassib and Kiper had us taking Johnathan Cooper. Another mocker, Mike Mayock had us taking Tavon Austin. The truth is these guys are just like everyone else out there and they review team needs and try to fit the best prospect to fit one of those needs. Sure I do mocks but the key to an mock draft or offseason as to look at them both together. As right now as things stand today the best value/pick would be to draft a LB and/or OT yet that could all change if we end up signing a LB in free agency which seems possible as there's quite a few guys out there and think we could nab one. The name I'm targeting is Vilma. As he has ties to Marrone and in playing under Gregg Williams might have some knowledge of some of the things Schwartz might be wanting to bring here. Yet with no free agents sign if asked me today who I'd draft it be CJ Mosley as think he has the most realistic chance to landing to us of the 4 guys I like best of Richardson, Matthews, Mack and Mosley and he also fills a need at WLB/MLB and can be an impact player from day 1 which to me is vital if we're going to improve in 2014.

DraftBoy
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
I really don't want to see a CB in the top 3 picks. A safety? Fine. But not a CB. Enough already.

Yea but you need to keep in mind what Joyner really is. He's a nickle CB only that can play in the box as a LB who has a specialty for blitzing off the edge and making plays in the run game. He played a LB/S hybrid role at FSU but will need to move to CB because he's only 5'9. Hell of a ball player and a great leader.

Don't get so caught up on the position. Its about the skill set he brings to the table.

The Jokeman
02-08-2014, 09:52 AM
lol...They must be using the fan simulator posted in the NFL Zone...here are my first three picks using that... That's not a bad group of 3.

The Jokeman
02-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Yea but you need to keep in mind what Joyner really is. He's a nickle CB only that can play in the box as a LB who has a specialty for blitzing off the edge and making plays in the run game. He played a LB/S hybrid role at FSU but will need to move to CB because he's only 5'9. Hell of a ball player and a great leader.

Don't get so caught up on the position. Its about the skill set he brings to the table. LB/S hybrid sounds like Coy Wire except the lack of height which makes him sound more like Blaine Bishop.

DraftBoy
02-08-2014, 10:13 AM
LB/S hybrid sounds like Coy Wire except the lack of height which makes him sound more like Blaine Bishop.

He's nothing like Coy Wire.

Did anybody else watch Clemson v. FSU? Joyner was the one making all the plays early on.

TigerJ
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
I really don't want to see a CB in the top 3 picks. A safety? Fine. But not a CB. Enough already.For what it's worth, some observers are calling Joyner a CB/S prospect even though he's on the small side. I'm with you though.