X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Five Doug Whaley Type Free Agents - BillsFanatics

Here's my most recent piece for the #BillsFanatics blog.

• stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Five Dough Whaley Type Free Agents - BillsFanatics

Originally posted by JCBills View Post
    Here's my most recent piece for the #BillsFanatics blog.

http://billsfanatics.wordpress.com/2...e-free-agents/
    Former #1 CIN pick Keith Rivers' most notable accomplishment was having his jaw broken by former cheap shot artist Hines Ward, which led to NFL rule changes about hitting high. It was a particularly ugly cheap shot. I remain surprised that Ward wasn't suspended for a year or more. But no flag fell.

His selection by CIN at #9 in 2008 was a big head scratcher here, and when NYG ponied up a 5th for him 3 seasons later, folks were glad to get that for him. You pulled for the guy - a decent young man he was - hoped he could be a factor, but in his time with CIN, he was really no more than a body to round out the 11.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Re: Five Doug Whaley Type Free Agents - BillsFanatics

With very few 4-3 type LBs on the roster, it would be a depth move. He hasn't lived up to his billing, but the point of the article was to look at guys that won't cost top dollar.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

With very few 4-3 type LBs on the roster, it would be a depth move. He hasn't lived up to his billing, but the point of the article was to look at guys that won't cost top dollar.
        I understand the appeal, I just don't think he ever had quick feet, or speed to get to the action. He might work out as depth - that was NYG's idea - but he's not a first-guy-in type. I'd offer the minimum that his league seniority calls for.

u-y in type.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          Former #1 CIN pick Keith Rivers' most notable accomplishment was having his jaw broken by former cheap shot artist Hines Ward, which led to NFL rule changes about hitting high. It was a particularly ugly cheap shot. I remain surprised that Ward wasn't suspended for a year or more. But no flag fell.

His selection by CIN at #9 in 2008 was a big head scratcher here, and when NYG ponied up a 5th for him 3 seasons later, folks were glad to get that for him. You pulled for the guy - a decent young man he was - hoped he could be a factor, but in his time with CIN, he was really no more than a body to round out the 11.
          A big head scratcher? He was very highly touted, and probably the best OLB prospect in that draft...maybe there were other guys that have panned out but at the time his pick was justified.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

I can't say I disagree with anything this article said yet am not sure the chances of bringing back Rinehart toss in he's more of a RG than LG. Also I'm not completely sold on Riley Cooper, while he offers up the size we lack he was buried deep on the Eagles depth chart and only got a chance last year because of injury. So not sure if he's numbers are inflated because of lack of competition or actual skill level.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
              A big head scratcher? He was very highly touted, and probably the best OLB prospect in that draft...maybe there were other guys that have panned out but at the time his pick was justified.
              They could have drafted Leodis McKelvin...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                I can't say I disagree with anything this article said yet am not sure the chances of bringing back Rinehart toss in he's more of a RG than LG. Also I'm not completely sold on Riley Cooper, while he offers up the size we lack he was buried deep on the Eagles depth chart and only got a chance last year because of injury. So not sure if he's numbers are inflated because of lack of competition or actual skill level.
                He did primarily play RG, but it isn't as big of a difference between LT and RT. I think he would be an upgrade over Legursky either way, and wouldn't cost that much.

I would really like to see them go after Asamoah or Beadles, who should have higher price tags, but could be a long term fix at LG.

Also I'd appreciate it if you guys would rate the article on the page, there's a little start meter near the top.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

He did primarily play RG, but it isn't as big of a difference between LT and RT. I think he would be an upgrade over Legursky either way, and wouldn't cost that much.

I would really like to see them go after Asamoah or Beadles, who should have higher price tags, but could be a long term fix at LG.

Also I'd appreciate it if you guys would rate the article on the page, there's a little start meter near the top.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

You didn't say anything..?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      Yea but when the opportunity Cooper delivered correct???
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

I'll wait and see what Ramses Barden brings in camp.

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

I'm willing to bet the Bills aren't signing any of those players.
                          Last edited by swiper; 02-09-2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
                            Yea but when the opportunity Cooper delivered correct???
                            Sometimes, as there were games he got over 6 targets and he comes away with 2 or 3 catches. His game against the Raiders was great by contrast he was marginal against the Redskins so I just wonder. I'm hesitant though I would rather go after a guy like Cooper who will cost less than say an Eric Decker.

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              I'll wait and see what Ramses Barden brings in camp.
                              Probably not much, I'm actually more excited to see Kauffman again.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              I'm willing to bet the Bills aren't signing any of those players.
                              I'm not saying they will, but these are the types they will probably target.

Comment

Working...
                              X