Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Mizzou DE Michael Sam - Projected 3rd-4th Round Pick - Announces He's Gay

I agree. I think he may go undrafted.

You know the majority of players in any given NFL lockerroom will not be happy with the situation.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Of course, a perfect landing zone for him would be South Florida. The Miami fans would embrace him immediately. He's one of their own.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
        Guys like Chris Carter and Emmitt Smith have commented on having an openly gay man in an NFL locker room. They said the NFL is not ready for that yet and the player would not be accepted by his teammates.

I also think that any team that drafts him would be facing unwanted publicity with the media camped out at their offices everyday. It would be a circus just like with Tim Tebow. It takes away from game preparation when players and coaches have to answer questions about "the gay guy"
        Anyone who claims insight into everyone, is only really speaking of himself.
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          Suing the NFL would be gay.

He'd never be able to actually PROVE discrimination either, I would think.

Maybe it'll force some gay policy like the Rooney rule, where every team is forced to tryout a homosexual. Call it the Sam Rule.

I have gay friends, but I sure wouldn't want to shower with them, even in a locker-room. Is that being homophobic? Maybe. People want to act so open-minded, but I figure most straight guys feel the same way, at least in this country.

I agree that it will probably be a distraction to have him on any team. The ideal is that it shouldn't matter at all if he's gay, but all the attention it gets says otherwise...that it DOES matter, for whatever reason. Let's talk all day about something that doesn't matter and call it news...does not add up.
          They already do shower with gay people. There are plenty of gay people already in lockerrooms in every state in this country. The reason it's a big deal is because bigots say stupid things like I wouldn't want to shower with my gay friends. So does that mean you want to shower with your straight friends? What kind of logic is this?
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          I love Weiner.
          also cheese

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Of course, a perfect landing zone for him would be South Florida. The Miami fans would embrace him immediately. He's one of their own.
            Or San Francisco or New Orleans. The fans in those Cities would welcome him with open arms.

I don't think the players would however.

And Gay rights started in NYC. Maybe the Jets should draft him.
            Last edited by better days; 02-10-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
              They already do shower with gay people. There are plenty of gay people already in lockerrooms in every state in this country. The reason it's a big deal is because bigots say stupid things like I wouldn't want to shower with my gay friends. So does that mean you want to shower with your straight friends? What kind of logic is this?
              The logic is you don't have to worry another straight guy is going to be attracted to you if you drop the bar of soap.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Why are they bigots if they don't chose to shower with men who have sex with other men? Maybe it makes them feel uncomfortable. Of course the use of the word "bigot" is to stifle opinion because no one wants to be called that.

It's also interesting that fluffers like yourself want to dictate through criticism how others should think and feel.
                Last edited by pmoon6; 02-10-2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

**** you, I'm a bigot.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Suing the NFL would be gay.

He'd never be able to actually PROVE discrimination either, I would think.

Maybe it'll force some gay policy like the Rooney rule, where every team is forced to tryout a homosexual. Call it the Sam Rule.

I have gay friends, but I sure wouldn't want to shower with them, even in a locker-room. Is that being homophobic? Maybe. People want to act so open-minded, but I figure most straight guys feel the same way, at least in this country.

I agree that it will probably be a distraction to have him on any team. The ideal is that it shouldn't matter at all if he's gay, but all the attention it gets says otherwise...that it DOES matter, for whatever reason. Let's talk all day about something that doesn't matter and call it news...does not add up.
                    Almost guaranteed that one of your teammates from high school or college was gay and showered with you.

Comment

• K-Gun
                      Deal with it
                      • Jul 2003

The guy has integrity. He's going to get drafted b/c he was the best defensive player in the SEC. And he seems like the kind of person that will gain the respect of his teamates because of his play and attitude.

All the Archie Bunkers in this thread are funny, and perhaps still ruminating that the country just isn't ready for Jackie Robinson.

good interview: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...igers-says-gay
                      [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by K-Gun View Post
                        The guy has integrity. He's going to get drafted b/c he was the best defensive player in the SEC. And he seems like the kind of person that will gain the respect of his teamates because of his play and attitude.

All the Archie Bunkers in this thread are funny, and perhaps still ruminating that the country just isn't ready for Jackie Robinson.

HaHaHa. There ya go, sports fans, the ass kissing has begun.

"Archie Bunkers"

Too funny.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

I didn't see anyone in this thread even suggesting that he should be black-balled from the NFL or anything close to that.

In fact, I wish him all the luck in the world. If he can play the game, he belongs in the NFL...bottom line.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

So the best defensive player in the SEC is only worth a 2nd or 3rd rnd pick?

I don't think so despite what ESPN said. It is clear ESPN chose him to gain publicity for themselves.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                              Almost guaranteed that one of your teammates from high school or college was gay and showered with you.
                              So what? Had I known, it would have made me uncomfortable. Kill me.

Maybe they should let me shower with the women, and then lay some kind of guilt trip on them if they are uncomfortable about it. In fact, I'm all for that idea. How do you feel about that? Would the women have a point, or would they be Archie Bunker bigots if they would prefer not to get naked with me?

I'm not all up-in-arms about it, but it would be an issue.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 02-10-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• ICRockets
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Jul 2008

I have gay friends, but I sure wouldn't want to shower with them, even in a locker-room.
                                That seems like an odd addendum. Did you think we'd assume you frequently shower with other men in your own home if you didn't clarify?

Comment

Working...
                                X