PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel appeared on reality tv show last night

The Jokeman
02-12-2014, 02:27 PM
http://www.hgtv.com/scoring-the-deal/a-comfortable-condo-thats-close-to-the-stadium-for-nfl-rookie-ej-manuel/index.html

I DVR'd but haven't had a chance to watch it, anyone else catch it?

better days
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
http://www.hgtv.com/scoring-the-deal/a-comfortable-condo-thats-close-to-the-stadium-for-nfl-rookie-ej-manuel/index.html

I DVR'd but haven't had a chance to watch it, anyone else catch it?

No I didn't watch it because you gave nobody a heads up it would be on.

Thanks for nothing.

stuckincincy
02-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Thanks for nothing.

He's not your factotum...

G Wolly
02-12-2014, 03:26 PM
He's not your factotum...

http://youtu.be/_xiz8CnP1-0?t=53s

:53 seconds

Bill Cody
02-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Hopefully he stayed healthy through the whole episode

The Jokeman
02-12-2014, 07:37 PM

Thanks for nothing.

Actually I had no idea he was on it, I was watching something else on the same network fell asleep and woke up and there was EJ. I was like WTF? and just hit record on my DVR and guess since was on the station all along I caught the whole thing. It was interesting as he was looking at places with his parents and ultimately he went against the one his mom "felt like home" that was also the most upscale and think he'd go with as was downtown instead he went with one in Orchard Park because it's proximity to Ralph Wilson stadium. Of the three he saw he picked the one I assumed he wouldn't want as it didn't meet his "master bedroom being on the 2nd floor rule" he told the host he wanted.

K-Gun
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Episode Synopsis: Football player EJ Manuel is in the market for a condo with a monthly rent of less than $5000 in Buffalo, but before he makes a decision his parents must give their seal of approval.

So A. he's renting. Even Fitz and Losman bought.

and B. he's getting ripped the **** off. For less than 5k per month in WNY, you can rent the Albright Knox.

Meathead
02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
hows he gonna have the twenty four hour water slide with hot and cold runnin *****es if hes renting

JoeMama
02-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Episode Synopsis: Football player EJ Manuel is in the market for a condo with a monthly rent of less than $5000 in Buffalo, but before he makes a decision his parents must give their seal of approval.

and B. he's getting ripped the **** off. For less than 5k per month in WNY, you can rent the Albright Knox.

It was worth it that Losman bought instead of rented.

Mainly for the hilarious quote from when he left Buffalo and had to sell his place.

Speaking about the false sense of security you get when you think you're going to be a long term starter: "sometimes buy a house, oops!"

The Jokeman
02-13-2014, 09:08 AM

He ended up picking one that cost him $2500.00 a month and he's renting because his management team told him to rent his first year and then buy his second year as it's more financially responsible.

better days
02-13-2014, 10:30 AM
He ended up picking one that cost him $2500.00 a month and he's renting because his management team told him to rent his first year and then buy his second year as it's more financially responsible.

$2500.00 that you can't write off on taxes is financially responsible?

I could understand renting to get a feel for the area before deciding where to buy, but not because it would be more financially responsible.

Turf
02-13-2014, 11:23 AM
I hope his management team doesn't handle his physical training and rehab.

TigerJ
02-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Hopefully he stayed healthy through the whole episodeHad it been Kevin Kolb, they would have had to be extra careful not to let him slip on a door mat.

Bill Cody
02-13-2014, 01:51 PM

I could understand renting to get a feel for the area before deciding where to buy, but not because it would be more financially responsible.

He's waiting for the price on Losman's old house to drop.

EDS
02-13-2014, 03:12 PM

Given his salary, he is likely not going to get the mortgage interest deduction due to the AMT.

EDS
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
It was worth it that Losman bought instead of rented.

Mainly for the hilarious quote from when he left Buffalo and had to sell his place.

Speaking about the false sense of security you get when you think you're going to be a long term starter: "sometimes buy a house, oops!"

Other than the house thing, things in Buffalo worked out pretty well for JP off the field given that he married a local girl and now has two cute little kids.

stuckincincy
02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Other than the house thing, things in Buffalo worked out pretty well for JP off the field given that he married a local girl and now has two cute little kids.

Good for him. My BIL delivered mail to him, and enjoyed the occasional chat.