PDA

View Full Version : WR's Are Out There

The King
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/12/its-a-buyers-market-for-free-agent-receivers/

As teams begin to plan their eventual 53-man rosters, there are currently 54 receivers scheduled to be available in free agency. That’s the number of unrestricted and restricted free agents at the position who’ll be available as of March 11, barring a new contract with their current teams.

Click the link to see the full list.

DraftBoy
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
If you think you can get him in check Kenny Britt is worth a shot. Depending on the tag I'd look at Lester Jean from Houston. Emmanuel Sanders would be a strong addition but may be out of price range plus he's a Woods/Johnson clone.

Goobylal
02-13-2014, 07:28 PM
If you think you can get him in check Kenny Britt is worth a shot. Depending on the tag I'd look at Lester Jean from Houston. Emmanuel Sanders would be a strong addition but may be out of price range plus he's a Woods/Johnson clone.
What have you seen out of Lestar Jean? I'd be surprised if he gets anything higher than the lowest tender which only gives the Texans right of first refusal since he was undrafted.

YardRat
02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Nobody on that list I'd go balls out to get.

BillsFever21
02-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Nobody on that list I'd go balls out to get.

There isn't anyone I would break the bank for either. I wouldn't mind having Hakeen Nicks if he was fully healthy and back to the Nicks from a couple years ago. The rest of them aren't anything special or much different then what we already have on the roster.

Someone out there would be willing to take the chance on more money then the Bills would offer him. If it was more of an incentive laden deal or with a team out clause in a couple years if he didn't return to form then I would entertain the idea though. I wouldn't want to sink a ton of guaranteed money in him at this point though.

Kenny Britt is intriguing if the price is right. He was off to a good start to his career before he went in the tank the past couple seasons. I would take him at the right price. If he got his stuff together it could be the big body that we're looking for.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2014, 09:36 PM
WR doesn't mean crap when you don't have a QB to get them the ball.

clumping platelets
02-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Nate Burleson could be a present day James Lofton :up:

Mr. Miyagi
02-13-2014, 10:40 PM
We need a big body possession guy. Boldin won't be cheap and is getting up there in age, but worth a 2 year 10 mil deal.

Britt could be nice too if he can clean up his act.

No one else is that intriguing.

We should bring him Meachem and then not sign him LOL.

Night Train
02-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Thus the term, " WR's and RB's are a dime a dozen. "

The key skill aquisition for the O , whether FA or draft, is TE.

swiper
02-14-2014, 05:20 AM

The Bills have some good and rising receivers. If they pick one up via free agency it needs to be a marquee #1 WR. Many on that list I don't like, but Sanders is one guy. However there is no way he leaves Big Ben for EJ Manuel. Just no amount of money should let that happen.

swiper
02-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Nate Burleson could be a present day James Lofton :up:

:rofl:

clumping platelets
02-14-2014, 06:26 AM
:mad:

Meathead
02-14-2014, 06:43 AM
ruvell martin could be 2017's nate burleson

justasportsfan
02-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm reading that this years receivers draft class is deep . True? If so, I don't think teams will be going out to pay a lot of money for FA's.

ublinkwescore
02-14-2014, 08:13 AM
what would you guys think of Wes Welker if the broncos cut him?

Skooby
02-14-2014, 08:47 AM
what would you guys think of Wes Welker if the broncos cut him?

He's abused & old, so where do we sign ?

The Jokeman
02-14-2014, 09:11 AM
:mad:

I think James Jones is more of a Lofton type but then again I say that because he was a former Packer like Lofton.

The Jokeman
02-14-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm reading that this years receivers draft class is deep . True? If so, I don't think teams will be going out to pay a lot of money for FA's.

The problem is WRs typically take 3 years before reach their full potential we need a starter today. I've campaigned for him in the past and stand by my thoughts about going after James Jones. As he brings a size/toughness inside the 20 skill set we lack. As mentioned by Draft Boy Kenny Britt could also provide this if he wants to play. Boldin offers it too but he's getting long in the tooth. Eric Decker and Riley Cooper also offer up some size but think both are questionable decisions as wonder if they products of a system moreso then their own talents.

DraftBoy
02-14-2014, 09:28 AM
What have you seen out of Lestar Jean? I'd be surprised if he gets anything higher than the lowest tender which only gives the Texans right of first refusal since he was undrafted.

Tall WR who can run and track the ball.

DraftBoy
02-14-2014, 09:29 AM
The Bills have some good and rising receivers. If they pick one up via free agency it needs to be a marquee #1 WR. Many on that list I don't like, but Sanders is one guy. However there is no way he leaves Big Ben for EJ Manuel. Just no amount of money should let that happen.

The Bills have one good WR and one rising WR. Outside of that its pretty much crap.

HAMMER
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
WR doesn't mean crap when you don't have a QB to get them the ball.

The thing I admire about you TD is your persistence, but that's about it.

sukie
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
ruvell martin could be 2017's nate burleson

I read somewhere that Ruvell Martin is the cure for cancer.

swiper
02-14-2014, 11:01 AM
The Bills have one good WR and one rising WR. Outside of that its pretty much crap.

Interesting you didn't match names to your comment. I would assume you are referring to Stevie Johnson and Woods. I would offer that Goodwin may be the best receiver on the roster.

DraftBoy
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Interesting you didn't match names to your comment. I would assume you are referring to Stevie Johnson and Woods. I would offer that Goodwin may be the best receiver on the roster.

And I'd respond with a WR who doesn't know how to run routes should never be in the discussion for best WR on the roster.

Meathead
02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
ruvell martin is 1993's walker texas ranger

Crisis
02-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Jeremy Maclin please.

JCBills
02-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Josh Morgan could be a good value pickup.

Mace
02-14-2014, 06:31 PM
I read somewhere that Ruvell Martin is the cure for cancer.

You know, I read that too, can't find the link though.

YardRat
02-14-2014, 10:05 PM
You know, I read that too, can't find the link though.

Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzI3NkLD2E

swiper
02-15-2014, 05:32 AM
And I'd respond with a WR who doesn't know how to run routes should never be in the discussion for best WR on the roster.

ROFL.

I would say that they WR with the best average per catch (16.6) and the longest reception 59 yards would certainly be in consideration. He runs routes no worse than Woods or Johnson. In fact:

Stevie Johnson 100 (targets) - 52 catches - 52%
Robert Woods 86 targets - 40 catches - 46%
Marquise Goodwin 32 targets - 17 catches - 53%

So your premise cannot be right, or he would be holding with the top 2 receivers in this stat.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Goodwin was under-used. Hope to see him with more targets next season.

For Bills WRs one would hope:

Woods continues to develop
Johnson has a bounce-back from a poor season
Graham is let go
Goodwin flourishes
and, perhaps, add a free agent

Historian
02-15-2014, 05:53 AM
But....but....wasn't Kenny Easley supposed to be the savior of the franchise?????

Night Train
02-15-2014, 09:43 AM
But....but....wasn't Kenny Easley supposed to be the savior of the franchise?????

Marcus Easley. A WR who cannot catch.

A pox on " measurables "

Goobylal
02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Goodwin is relatively raw considering he missed a lot of time in college doing track.

ublinkwescore
02-15-2014, 10:27 AM
He's abused & old, so where do we sign ?

Dude is ALWAYS open.

ublinkwescore
02-15-2014, 10:30 AM
But he is also superbowl cryptonite.

SpikedLemonade
02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
We should add a FA WR who can contribute.

The last thing we need is another rookie WR right now especially if he is drafted in the 1st round.

stuckincincy
02-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Tall WR who can run and track the ball.

Sounds like he relies on natural talent - like AJ Green. Green's route running is marginal - at best.

justasportsfan
02-15-2014, 01:17 PM
The problem is WRs typically take 3 years before reach their full potential we need a starter today. I've campaigned for him in the past and stand by my thoughts about going after James Jones. As he brings a size/toughness inside the 20 skill set we lack. As mentioned by Draft Boy Kenny Britt could also provide this if he wants to play. Boldin offers it too but he's getting long in the tooth. Eric Decker and Riley Cooper also offer up some size but think both are questionable decisions as wonder if they products of a system moreso then their own talents.

This is why I would rather go via the FA route with the wr and draft Ebron.

The Jokeman
02-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Josh Morgan could be a good value pickup.

Morgan looked like an up and comer with the 49ers and then disappeared in Washington. As he only averaged a little more than 10 yards a catch in his two seasons there. I wonder if it was a product of the 'Skins scheme or he got fat with his new contract. That said he is an under the radar type pick up that wouldn't hurt but rank below some of the other WRs I mentioned earlier in the thread.

The Jokeman
02-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Marcus Easley. A WR who cannot catch.

A pox on " measurables "

Problem is Easley got praised by Marrone for his ST play and it might allow him to stay on the roster leaving us with SJ13, Woods, X, Goodwin/Graham, Easley. To me the X would be best filled by a veteran that could push Woods to further develop and start ahead of Goodwin and/or Graham. I grouped them together as they're pretty much equal as 4th WRs yet we might keep both since Easley isn't someone I'd count on as a WR even in 5 wide sets.