X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

We had good games vs

Joe Flacco, Tom Brady, and Cam without Byrd. Honestly besides from Miami and NY, those were the best showings of our pass D all year. Same actually with the run D. Who started? Search or Leonard? Whoever filled in early this year did a great job and with Duke as competition/depth, I think we are good at safety no matter what. Some argue the jets game but Rogers was beat from my count 6 times that game for 2 tds and all catches were huge gains. He lost us that game and hes gone now.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: We had good games vs

You make a good point, but what if injuries happen next year at the Safety position?

It is better to have everyone a slot lower than they would be without Byrd.

And it is not like the Bills are up against the cap & can't afford him.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

The Bills are a better team with Byrd on it. Rationalize all you want, but that's still true.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I'm mainly talking about how we have replacements. In 2012 to his rookie year he made us way better when he played. This year he didn't honestly. He had very little impact. No sacks, no big hits or ff, I think just 1-2 interceptions. So as of last year, which he held out half the season (his injury was a holdout, he just had a excuse), he did not make a major impact. Id go as far as saying if Byrd was injured wed still of shut out miami. Now as long as buffalo uses that money on a good G/T/LB/WR/TE then I would not mind at all seeing byrd in another jersey. Or if we can trade him, in any situation as long buffalo uses that saved money, i really dont care if Byrds here. Hes never made a ed reed/ troy polamalu/Bob Sanders impact. Hes always been great but not elite
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Is the team any better without Byrd? Nope. Sign the guy. I'd keep Leonard for another year. He's a good mentor to the younguns.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

If you can argue that we were not worse with him out, is that 9 million a year worthy?

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
              If you can argue that we were not worse with him out, is that 9 million a year worthy?
              It is not like the Bills are up against the cap with little money available to spend.

I am for overpaying Byrd a little. But if they can't come to an agreement, tag & trade him.

The worst scenario would be to lose Byrd & get nothing in return.

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

I'm for trading him. I'd be pissed if we didn't get anything for him but wed move on smoothly. Its the exact reason Stevie should be cut or pay decrease. When your star players out it should effect the rest. Especially when you know the backups aren't amazing. We saw both out and little to no difference. Some may say better when Stevie and Byrd were out last year. Theres a difference bc stevie got his contract and actually loses games for us, Byrd doesnt win them but he is of more value based on consistency. But neither are worth what they think. Best case senerio is trade Stevie to SF for a 4th and trade byrd to a playoff team that would likely get a safety in there top 2 picks. If a team like Pitt is set on a safety, theyd rather trade there late 1st or second for a proven safety. Picks are 10% likely to succeed while Byrd is more like 85-90% and has more upside then any safety.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  I'm for trading him. I'd be pissed if we didn't get anything for him but wed move on smoothly. Its the exact reason Stevie should be cut or pay decrease. When your star players out it should effect the rest. Especially when you know the backups aren't amazing. We saw both out and little to no difference. Some may say better when Stevie and Byrd were out last year. Theres a difference bc stevie got his contract and actually loses games for us, Byrd doesnt win them but he is of more value based on consistency. But neither are worth what they think. Best case senerio is trade Stevie to SF for a 4th and trade byrd to a playoff team that would likely get a safety in there top 2 picks. If a team like Pitt is set on a safety, theyd rather trade there late 1st or second for a proven safety. Picks are 10% likely to succeed while Byrd is more like 85-90% and has more upside then any safety.
                  There is no telling how much better the Bills would have been if Stevie & Byrd played in every game last year at full health.

I think it is very possible the Bills would have made the playoffs.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                    • May 2003

Dude has been a perennial pro bowler...pay him! He's a ball hawk. Leonard isn't getting younger and Searcy plays better near the line.
                    Send me some wings!

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Our defense didn't change at all with Byrd playing, and the only game Stevie didn't play in EJ had his best game. Stevie has lost 2 games for us and has had at least 5 drops in his career that changed the outcome of games.

Comment

Working...
                      X