PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills leave....

jonah7777
02-18-2014, 12:33 PM
How would your life be impacted?... I still have to wonder if all the losing is not planned bu OBD so that when the team moves hardly anyone will really care. Most fans have distanced themselves from the bills even if you won't admit it you watch and cheer for other teams Teams that have actually won games. And let's say the Bills say there moving to San Antonio could you really do anything to stop it? The answer is NO. When ralph dies the Guy with the Biggest check is going to own this team--- That is Fact. And I really do not think it will be anyone from Buffalo Area.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
So they are intentionally losing? You do realize this is still a business right? No one wants to lose money on purpose, and I mean NO ONE.

And NO, I havent "distanced" myself from the Bills - do we suck? Yes. But I'm still a die hard, even in Albany. Ask anyone who knows me. You obviously arent.

Worst thread of 2014.

Skooby
02-18-2014, 01:24 PM
I live in SW FL, so the collective groan would be minimal here. Since the commissioner is a local & Chuck Schumer has huge pull, I think the government would tell them behind closed doors that their "special tax" status would be in jeopardy. If the NFL loses that status, it'll cost them Billions a year = Bills are going nowhere.

coastal
02-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Relief...

better days
02-18-2014, 01:27 PM
How would your life be impacted?... I still have to wonder if all the losing is not planned bu OBD so that when the team moves hardly anyone will really care. Most fans have distanced themselves from the bills even if you won't admit it you watch and cheer for other teams Teams that have actually won games. And let's say the Bills say there moving to San Antonio could you really do anything to stop it? The answer is NO. When ralph dies the Guy with the Biggest check is going to own this team--- That is Fact. And I really do not think it will be anyone from Buffalo Area.

Going through your posts, you are obviously more a fan of politics than football.

Are you even a Bills fan?

There is NO chance the Bills will move for at least 7 years.

I could be dead before that happens. YOU could be dead before that happens.

sukie
02-18-2014, 01:31 PM
San Antonio is perty sweet. No state tax either.

WagonCircler
02-18-2014, 01:31 PM
There are a ton of people who post here, especially those from a particular country, who are passive-aggressively rooting for the Bills to leave Buffalo.

This guy is obviously one of them.

Luisito23
02-18-2014, 01:42 PM
LOL, why would my life be impacted at all if this team leaves?

THATHURMANATOR
02-18-2014, 02:28 PM

I would be devastated.

Also the thought that they are losing on purpose is horse ****.

I would almost guarantee they will stay when Ralph dies but of course nothing is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, why would my life be impacted at all if this team leaves?

If you are a Bills fan that lives and dies with the team the only question is how would your life NOT be impacted.

better days
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
There are a ton of people who post here, especially those from a particular country, who are passive-aggressively rooting for the Bills to leave Buffalo.

This guy is obviously one of them.

As is SpikedLemonade

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
The Bills are locked in for the length of this lease. Yeah, there is a window in the 8th year, but we are are still 7 years away from that.

A lot has to play out before then.

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2014, 03:09 PM
As is SpikedLemonade

I hope the Bills never leave Buffalo.

I hope the taxpayers of the county continue to subsidize the Bills staying in Buffalo.

I do not pay taxes in that county.

Do you?

better days
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM

I hope the taxpayers of the county continue to subsidize the Bills staying in Buffalo.

Do you?

If you REALLY are a fan of the Bills & want to see them stay in Buffalo & do well, explain why you thank every negative post about the Bills including their moving.

It is as WagonCircler said, you passive aggressively root against the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
02-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Do you?

Yes I do.

jdaltroy5
02-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Yes, because the entire coaching staff, the front office, and all the players for the last 15 years are costing themselves future employment and millions of dollars just to spare the emotions of the fans. The fans who could do absolutely nothing to stop a potential move even if they wanted to.

Makes sense.

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Yes I do.

Then, my friend, you have a say. I do not. Anyone who no longer lives there and pines for a Buffalo they remember 30 years ago doesn't either.

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Yes, because the entire coaching staff, the front office, and all the players for the last 15 years are costing themselves future employment and millions of dollars just to spare the emotions of the fans. The fans who could do absolutely nothing to stop a potential move even if they wanted to.

Makes sense.

No one is losing on purpose.

This is just a result of a dead decaying leadership whose sole purpose is to maximize the payout to the beneficiaries of his estate.

better days
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Then, my friend, you have a say. I do not. Anyone who no longer lives there and pines for a Buffalo they remember 30 years ago doesn't either.

BS. This is a BUFFALO Bills board.

EVERYONE on it expresses their opinion on the Bills & their remaining in Buffalo including you & me.

You express NOTHING but NEGATIVE opinions about all things Buffalo or Bills. But, you do have your say.

kishoph
02-18-2014, 03:54 PM

I totally disagree that "most fans" have distanced themselves from the Bills, I live in Buffalo and while there may be a decline in support for the Bills, the support in this city is huge for the team, probably more so than in bigger cities that have teams with winning records over the last decade. Never count the Bills or their fans out.

If the team does go to to whoever writes "the biggest check", why couldn't it be someone in or from Buffalo ? Is everybody poor that has connections to Buffalo ?

Lastly despite what he publicly says, I refuse to believe that Ralph Wilson doesn't have a plan for when he passes, the man didn't become a Billionaire by leaving loose ends.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2014, 03:57 PM
How would your life be impacted?...

Wouldn't have any besides not watching football 17 Sundays a week.
Only game I might watch is the Super Bowl.

Or maybe I'd become a Lions fan.

sudzy
02-18-2014, 05:21 PM
One of the results of this team being so bad for so long, the effect on me would be a small fraction of what it would have been 15 years ago.

WagonCircler
02-18-2014, 06:17 PM
If we're taking a poll, I too pay excessive Erie County and NY State taxes.

I love how people whine as building if a new stadium is akin to dumping $1 BIL into Lake Erie.

The current stadium has paid for itself DOZENS of times over.

Ever hear them speak of the Lease Agreement? I swear some people think we pay the Bills to play in RWS, not the other way around.

A new stadium is a revenue PRODUCER, unlike almost anything that this County and State piss away money on.

TacklingDummy
02-18-2014, 06:32 PM
If we're taking a poll, I too pay excessive Erie County and NY State taxes.

I love how people whine as building if a new stadium is akin to dumping $1 BIL into Lake Erie.

The current stadium has paid for itself DOZENS of times over.

Ever hear them speak of the Lease Agreement? I swear some people think we pay the Bills to play in RWS, not the other way around.

A new stadium is a revenue PRODUCER, unlike almost anything that this County and State piss away money on.

How much is the Bills Organization payroll for the whole year? Taxes on $100+ million. Not to mention taxes on everything that's sold at the stadium.

WagonCircler
02-18-2014, 08:19 PM
How much is the Bills Organization payroll for the whole year? Taxes on $100+ million. Not to mention taxes on everything that's sold at the stadium.

Not just taxes on concessions. Unless things have changed, it's also revenue on concessions. The county used to operate them. I think they still do.

The Jokeman
02-18-2014, 08:20 PM

I'd be sad but still be an NFL fan, maybe not watch or follow any one team as much as do the Bills. I agree when Ralph dies what happens is a big question mark but being the NFL has kept teams in Jacksonville, Cleveland and other markets that to me are less loyal then Buffalo means we have a fighting chance to keep the team here. The key is making sure it's with an owner with deep pockets like Pegula or even dare I say Tom Golisano? As the idea of a partnership ownership lead by Jim Kelly and or any other group is just asking for trouble.

gr8slayer
02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Bills aren't going anywhere.

THATHURMANATOR
02-18-2014, 09:12 PM

I am 36. Buffalo is better now than in any time in my life

BillsFever21
02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I think it would impact people who live in or around the Buffalo area the most. The people who live within the blackout radius at the very least would be impacted the most. These are the people who attend the games or live where there is a huge Bills fan base.

People who live outside of that area may not be as impacted by it. They are also fans of the Bills but it's not the same when it's close to you. If they moved across the country it just wouldn't be the same. Especially if they changed their name. They wouldn't be on local television anymore and the current people couldn't attend the games.

If they moved out of Buffalo but kept them as the Bills then the fans outside of Buffalo wouldn't be impacted much at all. They would miss them being the Buffalo Bills but it would still be the same team and players but just in a different city. If they moved out of Buffalo but close to Buffalo then it wouldn't be as big of shock to the locals. It would still be hard for many but not as bad if they could still attend the games, etc.

Now if they moved out of Buffalo and became the San Antonio Horsebacks or whatever then it wouldn't be the same for anybody. It would be a different city and franchise. The same as when Cleveland moved to Baltimore and changed their names. It wouldn't be like the Raiders moving all around California but they are still the Raiders.

If that happened then I wouldn't really be fan of any team. Outside of watching the Bills I don't watch very many games during the regular season. I look forward to and make it a point to watch the Bills but I don't make it a point to watch any other game outside of the playoffs. I would just become a casual fan because it wouldn't be the same all of a sudden rooting on another franchise that you haven't been a hardcore fan of for decades. I don't know if I could ever start rooting for the other local teams around me like the Browns, Steelers or the Eagles. It's possible to maybe start liking one of them but it still wouldn't be the same.

better days
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
I think it would impact people who live in or around the Buffalo area the most. The people who live within the blackout radius at the very least would be impacted the most. These are the people who attend the games or live where there is a huge Bills fan base.

People who live outside of that area may not be as impacted by it. They are also fans of the Bills but it's not the same when it's close to you. If they moved across the country it just wouldn't be the same. Especially if they changed their name. They wouldn't be on local television anymore and the current people couldn't attend the games.

If they moved out of Buffalo but kept them as the Bills then the fans outside of Buffalo wouldn't be impacted much at all. They would miss them being the Buffalo Bills but it would still be the same team and players but just in a different city. If they moved out of Buffalo but close to Buffalo then it wouldn't be as big of shock to the locals. It would still be hard for many but not as bad if they could still attend the games, etc.

Now if they moved out of Buffalo and became the San Antonio Horsebacks or whatever then it wouldn't be the same for anybody. It would be a different city and franchise. The same as when Cleveland moved to Baltimore and changed their names. It wouldn't be like the Raiders moving all around California but they are still the Raiders.

If that happened then I wouldn't really be fan of any team. Outside of watching the Bills I don't watch very many games during the regular season. I look forward to and make it a point to watch the Bills but I don't make it a point to watch any other game outside of the playoffs. I would just become a casual fan because it wouldn't be the same all of a sudden rooting on another franchise that you haven't been a hardcore fan of for decades. I don't know if I could ever start rooting for the other local teams around me like the Browns, Steelers or the Eagles. It's possible to maybe start liking one of them but it still wouldn't be the same.

Are the Indianapolis Colts the Baltimore Colts because IRSAY stole the name & colors along with the team when he moved it to Indy?

I don't think so. If the Bills ever left Buffalo, it would not matter to me what they are called, they would not be the BUFFALO Bills & I would no longer root for them or follow the NFL at all.

imbondz
02-18-2014, 10:39 PM
If they keep on losing season after season I can see it happening down the way. The new lease is a comforting sign but you never know. I would be devastated if they moved, and do everything in my power to never watch an NFL game again.

JCBills
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Why does this thread exist?

BuffaloRedleg
02-19-2014, 12:37 AM
I'd be absolutely devastated. The team has meant so much to me over the years I've been away from Buffalo, and to see them leave just after I finally return home would just be awful.

Plus side, I don't have to watch Football anymore. I don't really love the game much anymore except for the Bills, although I'm sure I'll still watch the playoffs.

Something needs to be done about the fact that this is a QB league, but I doubt it ever will. It's gravitating towards the NBA/NHL where you have a half dozen good teams battling it out and the rest are just hoping they can make the playoffs and get lucky or "tank" and draft the next Lebron/Crosby next year.

Not there yet, but it will be soon.

B-DON
02-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Why does everyone assume the next group of investors that buys the Bills has to be from WNY? The current owner doesnt even live in Buffalo

swiper
02-19-2014, 06:31 AM
I'm going to go with "worst thread." Why do you (the o.p.) care how sucha fantasy would affect me? You shouldn't. So the thread poster is just looking for trouble. He should FO.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-19-2014, 10:52 AM
So they are intentionally losing? You do realize this is still a business right? No one wants to lose money on purpose, and I mean NO ONE.

And NO, I havent "distanced" myself from the Bills - do we suck? Yes. But I'm still a die hard, even in Albany. Ask anyone who knows me. You obviously arent.

Worst thread of 2014.

It is a business, but winning is not necessarily the aim of the NFL, and indeed most professional sports, making money is. True, winning is the best way to ensure a steady revenue stream, but if one can win without paying that much cash they will. If one can get fans to keep going to games and buying merchandise and getting lucrative tv contracts without winning they will.

Albany,n.y.
02-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Why does this thread exist?

Chicken Little needs to know what happens after the sky falls.

Downinfloflo
02-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Why does everyone assume the next group of investors that buys the Bills has to be from WNY? The current owner doesnt even live in Buffalo

Because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I would start rooting for Tampa when the Bills move.

BillsFever21
02-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Are the Indianapolis Colts the Baltimore Colts because IRSAY stole the name & colors along with the team when he moved it to Indy?

I don't think so. If the Bills ever left Buffalo, it would not matter to me what they are called, they would not be the BUFFALO Bills & I would no longer root for them or follow the NFL at all.

I never said it wouldn't be any different at all. When they first moved it would still be the same players, etc, that you rooted for a year earlier. Of course the San Antonio Bills wouldn't be the same as the Buffalo Bills but most people would still follow them and probably root for them. It wouldn't last forever but some of the current generation still would. Especially if you don't have any ties to the Buffalo area.

Nobody said it would be a great thing and nobody wants them to move out of Buffalo or the WNY area. It would make it easier if they were still the Bills though. If they moved to Toronto most people would accept even more. They wouldn't be in Buffalo but they would still at least be in driving distance from anyone still in Buffalo. As long as they kept them the Bills.

Mace
02-19-2014, 08:33 PM

Worst thread of 2014.

It always gets really weird and unexplainable when no one can figure out how not making money when you're alive so you can set yourself up for the windfall when dead, really makes any sense. "Ummm".....

Anyway, I'd feel devastated. I guess I'd watch other teams because I like football anyway. Relationship breakups no matter how painful never stopped the sun from coming up on a new day.

They aren't going anywhere, they can, haven't, and don't intend to.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Id be so happy, cant wait until the Bills are just a memory.

Seriously? When I was kid the Bills were my favorite team, they are my favorite team now, they will be my favorite team until they move or I die. Win or lose they will be my favorite team. I cant say I wont ever watch the NFL again but it would never be the same without my favorite team. Id score watch whatever team Buffalo became just to hope they lose and lose bad. Id hate to see the former Buffalo Bills succeed.

G Wolly
02-19-2014, 11:26 PM
The only good thing that would come from the team moving is that these stupid threads would stop being made every month.

Go away.

BuffaloRedleg
02-20-2014, 02:30 AM
I am 36. Buffalo is better now than in any time in my life

Don't let him get you worked up.

He's just mad that Buffalo keeps getting younger and happier and he keeps getting older and grumpier.

Some people are part of the solution. Some people choose to throw stones and criticize.

Thankfully our generation of Buffalonians have turned this ship around and sided with the former rather than the latter.