PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills stay........

better days
02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I am sick & tired of the negative BS threads started by pseudo Bills fans.

So, if Ralph has a plan in place for when he dies & the Bills are sold to keep the Bills in Buffalo, will that change your opinion of him?

OpIv37
02-20-2014, 11:55 AM
So if someone disagrees with you and/or acknowledges the reality that this team has flaws and/or the reality that the team may no longer be economically viable, they are "pseudo fans"?

Gimme a ****ing break.

THATHURMANATOR
02-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Op you are a PSEUDO FAN!!

better days
02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
So if someone disagrees with you and/or acknowledges the reality that this team has flaws and/or the reality that the team may no longer be economically viable, they are "pseudo fans"?

Gimme a ****ing break.

NO! I have never called you a pseudo fan Op. And you & I disagree all the time.

I am talking about posters like SpikedLemonade & jonah7777. Those two among others are clearly PSEUDO Bills fans.

Buffalogic
02-20-2014, 12:01 PM
It's virtually impossible for the team not to have a plan in place. I mean how is that even a thought? It's a multi million dollar company. Planning is never neglected when it comes to dollars.

Skooby
02-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Why is my opinion of him any concern of yours ? If the team stays because of his planning, he's a hero to the locals. If they move because of his planning, he'll be a hero to the locals of where they move too. Personally speaking, he doesn't owe me an apology or anyone for that matter. The team is here for the foreseeable future, that's good enough for now.

better days
02-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Why is my opinion of him any concern of yours ? If the team stays because of his planning, he's a hero to the locals. If they move because of his planning, he'll be a hero to the locals of where they move too. Personally speaking, he doesn't owe me an apology or anyone for that matter. The team is here for the foreseeable future, that's good enough for now.

Why is your opinion any concern of mine?

Maybe you are right, it should be of no concern to anyone.

So, I guess you should STOP expressing your opinion on this board.

OpIv37
02-20-2014, 12:11 PM
It's virtually impossible for the team not to have a plan in place. I mean how is that even a thought? It's a multi million dollar company. Planning is never neglected when it comes to dollars.

You'd think that, but this organization has done a lot of dumb things in the past that no one would have believed until this happened. If Ralph truly doesn't care where the team ends up after he croaks, he doesn't have to do anything. His family will just have to announce that the team is for sale and the bids will come in.

If he cares about keeping the team in town after he dies, then I agree with you. He would have had a plan in place for years now. If he does have a plan, though, I have to wonder why he hasn't shared it. He could live out his life being a hero to the city instead of the responsible party for 54 years of mostly failure.

feldspar
02-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Op you are a PSEUDO FAN!!

I think the term "anti-fan" is the phrase that was coined to describe what Opie is.

Buffalogic
02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
You'd think that, but this organization has done a lot of dumb things in the past that no one would have believed until this happened. If Ralph truly doesn't care where the team ends up after he croaks, he doesn't have to do anything. His family will just have to announce that the team is for sale and the bids will come in.

If he cares about keeping the team in town after he dies, then I agree with you. He would have had a plan in place for years now. If he does have a plan, though, I have to wonder why he hasn't shared it. He could live out his life being a hero to the city instead of the responsible party for 54 years of mostly failure.
True enough, but Ralph has been a business man his entire life. Regardless of the route he eventually takes, it's hard for me to believe that a guy with that much business acumen would leave his daughters to fend for themselves. With the burdoun of trying to secure the families future, while millions of people point the finger at them as the demons who ripped the bills away from their community, that seems like the last thing a successful business man and a family man would do.

Mike
02-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I am sick & tired of the negative BS threads started by pseudo Bills fans.

So, if Ralph has a plan in place for when he dies & the Bills are sold to keep the Bills in Buffalo, will that change your opinion of him?

The real question is, "what is your opinion of Ralph right now"?

Your opinion of him should NOT change because of one action. After all, he is a 94 year old man. The person he is will not change as a result of one action. So state your position now.

better days
02-20-2014, 10:14 PM
The real question is, "what is your opinion of Ralph right now"?

Your opinion of him should NOT change because of one action. After all, he is a 94 year old man. The person he is will not change as a result of one action. So state your position now.

If you want to start a thread with that question, go for it.

OpIv37
02-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Back to the original question:

Right now, my opinion of Ralph is very low. He did one great thing in 1960 and has skated on it for 54 years of mediocrity (at best). People give him credit for not moving the team, but all that means is he didn't undo his one great accomplishment. He got the AFL championships, but then it took him 25 years to adjust to the NFL and have some success, and he still hasn't adjusted to the age of the salary cap and free agency nearly 20 years later.

Ralph could improve my opinion of him by doing something to keep the team in Buffalo for significant time after he croaks, say 10 or 15 years. Of course, the team staying in Buffalo doesn't mean I will automatically give Ralph credit. Golisano, Pegula, Danny Wegman or that dude who owns the Bruins could buy the team and keep it in Buffalo regardless of anything Ralph does. But, if the team stays due to something Ralph set up, it's about the only thing he could do to make me see him more favorably than unfavorably.