X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Damond Talbort Report

The guy on twitter just said that Bryd does not want to be in Buffalo and does not like it in Buffalo.

Ok I could buy this I guess, but he said Bryd wanted to go to Cleveland.

Look Cleveland is a nice city and is bigger but that team and franchise is pretty much the same as buffalo. Long playoff draught, ineptitude in ownership front office and coaching staff in recent years, and they have not won anything either.

I could definitely buy into him leaving to go to the Rams or even Oakland to get back to west coast but Cleveland.

I know Bryd has not said any of this stuff and all resonable Bills fans expect him to be gone since I cannot justify paying a safety more than 8 mil a year but damn.

I get the Pettine connection but we kept both of his secondary coaches and that is who he spends the majority of his time with not the DC.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Damond Talbort Report

https://twitter.com/#!/mikepolkjrSo The Cleveland Board of Tourism was not happy with the first video that I turned in. In fact, they said that upon viewing...

Send this video to Byrd

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
      The guy on twitter just said that Bryd does not want to be in Buffalo and does not like it in Buffalo.

Cue the Byrd apologists to say "who cares if he hates Buffalo, make him the highest paid safety in the league"

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
        Cue the Byrd apologists to say "who cares if he hates Buffalo, make him the highest paid safety in the league"
        I'm actually sick of hearing the guys name, lets take value & permanently ban Parker from our doorway.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Good. I hope he does end in Cleveland.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Marrone said he wants people who want to be here. If Byrd doesn't, tag and trade.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
              Well, until I see something from Byrd, I am calling BS on this.

I have heard Byrd himself say how much he enjoyed playing with his teammates in Buffalo.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

And some idiot makes up crap & says it & people believe it is the truth even though it is made up BULLSPIT.

That is exactly why Marrone had to reach out to Stevie to let him know the false rumors about him were just bs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Cleveland Browns' interest in Jairus Byrd is real

The Cleveland Browns are targeting Jairus Byrd.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday from the NFL Scouting Combine that the possibility of a reunion between Browns coach Mike Pettine and the playmaking safety "is real," according to sources familiar with the team's thinking.

The Cleveland Browns have "real" interest in Buffalo Bills safety Jairus Byrd, according to Ian Rapoport. The Bills could complicate that by using their franchise tag on Byrd.

If they want him that bad and Byrd doesn't want to be here , they can send us a pick.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Tag him and trade him then. I want something for him. Period.

Comment

• GingerP
                      • Aug 2012

Of course he wants to go to Cleveland, they have the most cap room in the NFL and have to start giving out some big contracts. He likes money.

I think it is funny how YardRat has been all "he doesn't fit the Bills because Pettine likes to play so much Cover-1 and Byrd is so slow he can't play that" for months now, but Pettine goes to Cleveland and is lusting to sign Byrd for big money.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                        Of course he wants to go to Cleveland, they have the most cap room in the NFL and have to start giving out some big contracts. He likes money.

I think it is funny how YardRat has been all "he doesn't fit the Bills because Pettine likes to play so much Cover-1 and Byrd is so slow he can't play that" for months now, but Pettine goes to Cleveland and is lusting to sign Byrd for big money.
                        So we went from a rumor that Cleveland is thinking about Byrd to Pettine lusting after him?

How about it's just a rumor. For that matter, maybe half the league would be interested in Byrd... That's a lot of lust.

Comment

• PISSCHUNK
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                          Tag him and trade him then. I want something for him. Period.
                          What could we get for Byrd in draft pick compensation? High 2nd or low 1st or something worse?

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PISSCHUNK View Post
                            What could we get for Byrd in draft pick compensation? High 2nd or low 1st or something worse?
                            Who knows. Honestly. It's so variable. RB's are a dime a dozen but the Colts traded their 1st rounder for Richardson. What is a S worth on the trade market?

My point is that if this draft is the deepest in history due to the underclassmen, even if we get a 3rd rounder we might be getting a late 1st or 2nd rounder in a normal draft with that pick.

And if the we're losing the guy regardless why not trade him.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Here is the problem with the tag and trade crowd, he has to sign the tag first. Granted it will be over 8 million for him this year so highly possible he signs.

We are not going to get more than a 2 or maybe a 3 and 5.

Also please keep in mind folks I am sure Texans fans felt the same way and they just let Mario walk to Buffalo. All they got was a third

Comment

Working...
                              X