PDA

View Full Version : Damond Talbort Report

DesertFox24
02-21-2014, 12:10 PM
The guy on twitter just said that Bryd does not want to be in Buffalo and does not like it in Buffalo.

Ok I could buy this I guess, but he said Bryd wanted to go to Cleveland.

Look Cleveland is a nice city and is bigger but that team and franchise is pretty much the same as buffalo. Long playoff draught, ineptitude in ownership front office and coaching staff in recent years, and they have not won anything either.

I could definitely buy into him leaving to go to the Rams or even Oakland to get back to west coast but Cleveland.

I know Bryd has not said any of this stuff and all resonable Bills fans expect him to be gone since I cannot justify paying a safety more than 8 mil a year but damn.

I get the Pettine connection but we kept both of his secondary coaches and that is who he spends the majority of his time with not the DC.

Bill Cody
02-21-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Send this video to Byrd

Bill Cody
02-21-2014, 12:32 PM
The guy on twitter just said that Bryd does not want to be in Buffalo and does not like it in Buffalo.

Cue the Byrd apologists to say "who cares if he hates Buffalo, make him the highest paid safety in the league"

Skooby
02-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Cue the Byrd apologists to say "who cares if he hates Buffalo, make him the highest paid safety in the league"

I'm actually sick of hearing the guys name, lets take value & permanently ban Parker from our doorway.

YardRat
02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Good. I hope he does end in Cleveland.

justasportsfan
02-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Marrone said he wants people who want to be here. If Byrd doesn't, tag and trade.

better days
02-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Well, until I see something from Byrd, I am calling BS on this.

I have heard Byrd himself say how much he enjoyed playing with his teammates in Buffalo.

better days
02-21-2014, 12:49 PM
And some idiot makes up crap & says it & people believe it is the truth even though it is made up BULLSPIT.

That is exactly why Marrone had to reach out to Stevie to let him know the false rumors about him were just bs.

justasportsfan
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Cleveland Browns' interest in Jairus Byrd is real

The Cleveland Browns are targeting Jairus Byrd.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday from the NFL Scouting Combine that the possibility of a reunion between Browns coach Mike Pettine and the playmaking safety "is real," according to sources familiar with the team's thinking.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327473/article/cleveland-browns-interest-in-jairus-byrd-is-real

If they want him that bad and Byrd doesn't want to be here , they can send us a pick.

X-Era
02-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Tag him and trade him then. I want something for him. Period.

GingerP
02-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Of course he wants to go to Cleveland, they have the most cap room in the NFL and have to start giving out some big contracts. He likes money.

I think it is funny how YardRat has been all "he doesn't fit the Bills because Pettine likes to play so much Cover-1 and Byrd is so slow he can't play that" for months now, but Pettine goes to Cleveland and is lusting to sign Byrd for big money.

X-Era
02-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Of course he wants to go to Cleveland, they have the most cap room in the NFL and have to start giving out some big contracts. He likes money.

I think it is funny how YardRat has been all "he doesn't fit the Bills because Pettine likes to play so much Cover-1 and Byrd is so slow he can't play that" for months now, but Pettine goes to Cleveland and is lusting to sign Byrd for big money.So we went from a rumor that Cleveland is thinking about Byrd to Pettine lusting after him?

How about it's just a rumor. For that matter, maybe half the league would be interested in Byrd... That's a lot of lust.

PISSCHUNK
02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Tag him and trade him then. I want something for him. Period.

What could we get for Byrd in draft pick compensation? High 2nd or low 1st or something worse?

X-Era
02-21-2014, 01:54 PM
What could we get for Byrd in draft pick compensation? High 2nd or low 1st or something worse?
Who knows. Honestly. It's so variable. RB's are a dime a dozen but the Colts traded their 1st rounder for Richardson. What is a S worth on the trade market?

My point is that if this draft is the deepest in history due to the underclassmen, even if we get a 3rd rounder we might be getting a late 1st or 2nd rounder in a normal draft with that pick.

And if the we're losing the guy regardless why not trade him.

DesertFox24
02-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Here is the problem with the tag and trade crowd, he has to sign the tag first. Granted it will be over 8 million for him this year so highly possible he signs.

We are not going to get more than a 2 or maybe a 3 and 5.

Also please keep in mind folks I am sure Texans fans felt the same way and they just let Mario walk to Buffalo. All they got was a third

justasportsfan
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Here is the problem with the tag and trade crowd, he has to sign the tag first. Granted it will be over 8 million for him this year so highly possible he signs.

Also please keep in mind folks I am sure Texans fans felt the same way and they just let Mario walk to Buffalo. All they got was a thirdIf rumors are true about Byrd not wanting to be here, then I'd rather get a 3rd than nothing if Byrd and the bills don't come to a long term agreement . It's a deep draft and that 3rd could be a player who could come in and make an impact.

PISSCHUNK
02-21-2014, 03:11 PM
The Texans didn't have the cap space to tag or sign/trade Mario.
The Bills have the space.

I'm for moving his ass out of Buffalo....he is not a game changer. Would love to keep him but not at the price they have requested.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-21-2014, 03:28 PM

Ok I could buy this I guess, but he said Bryd wanted to go to Cleveland.

Look Cleveland is a nice city and is bigger but that team and franchise is pretty much the same as buffalo. Long playoff draught, ineptitude in ownership front office and coaching staff in recent years, and they have not won anything either.

Who said it was anything about the city? He was a two time All-Pro and the Bills franchised him and hard-balled him. He goes out under the tag and makes the All-Pro team a third time, and now it sounds like the Bills are going to tag him and play hardball all over again. In those circumstances I can certainly understand him being frustrated with the franchise.

better days
02-21-2014, 05:20 PM

Also please keep in mind folks I am sure Texans fans felt the same way and they just let Mario walk to Buffalo. All they got was a third

A formality. Would Byrd rather wait until the last second & play another year on the tag or sign, get traded & get a long term contract?

Novacane
02-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Who said it was anything about the city? He was a two time All-Pro and the Bills franchised him and hard-balled him. He goes out under the tag and makes the All-Pro team a third time, and now it sounds like the Bills are going to tag him and play hardball all over again. In those circumstances I can certainly understand him being frustrated with the franchise.

All pro. Big whoop. 8 safties made the all-pro team. Will he take the average pay of the top 8 safties? I'm ok with that but no! He want's to be paid the most.

TigerJ
02-21-2014, 05:57 PM

Also please keep in mind folks I am sure Texans fans felt the same way and they just let Mario walk to Buffalo. All they got was a thirdYeah it can only work if all the parties work out the details ahead of time. Buffalo says to Parker and Cleveland, "If you can come to contract agreement, fine, we'll franchise Byrd. Byrd can sign the tender and we'll agree to a trade, x draft picks for Byrd. Then Cleveland and Byrd can put their agreement on paper and sign it."

YardRat
02-21-2014, 06:06 PM

I think it is funny how YardRat has been all "he doesn't fit the Bills because Pettine likes to play so much Cover-1 and Byrd is so slow he can't play that" for months now, but Pettine goes to Cleveland and is lusting to sign Byrd for big money.

We'll see how it plays out.

Even if the reports are semi-accurate that Pettine is 'lusting' after Byrd, the possibility exists it's a smokescreen Pettine is throwing out for parker, because the real FA he wants is Carrington. One hand washes the other.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-21-2014, 07:10 PM
All pro. Big whoop. 8 safties made the all-pro team. Will he take the average pay of the top 8 safties? I'm ok with that but no! He want's to be paid the most.

I'm aware the accolades mean nothing to Byrd's critics and never will. But they do mean something to him, which is why I believe the report that he is annoyed at the Bills. And I've resigned myself to the knowledge that he'll walk or be traded for peanuts this March.

BillsFever21
02-21-2014, 08:37 PM

Even if the reports are semi-accurate that Pettine is 'lusting' after Byrd, the possibility exists it's a smokescreen Pettine is throwing out for parker, because the real FA he wants is Carrington. One hand washes the other.

Because the entire league is salivating over a DL with 4 career sacks and 53 combined tackles that is also coming off an injury. He is a decent player but not some rare and elite talent that will cash in huge this offseason. Not to the point where teams are throwing "smokescreens" at his agent just to get to him before the other 20 teams try and scoop him up.

YardRat
02-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Because the entire league is salivating over a DL with 4 career sacks and 53 combined tackles that is also coming off an injury. He is a decent player but not some rare and elite talent that will cash in huge this offseason. Not to the point where teams are throwing "smokescreens" at his agent just to get to him before the other 20 teams try and scoop him up.

I never said the entire league wanted him, quit being so damn hyperbolic.

It isn't unusual for coaches or GM's to do a 'favor' for an agent to hype one client so they can get the inside on signing another, and I never said Carrington was an elite talent that would cash in huge. Not every FA desired by coaches and front offices is elite. Pettine, however, thought enough of him to give him plenty of PT before he got hurt. Finally, I never said my scenario was the truth, but the idea can't be summarily dismissed.

As I side before, we'll see where Byrd ends up, and we'll see where Carrington does. Personally I'd like to keep Carrington.

more cowbell
02-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Cleveland is a nice city?

swiper
02-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Pettine's credibility keeps taking hits with every story that the Browns looked everywhere else possible for a head coach before finally settling on him. I wouldn't worry too much about any stories about what Pettine wants. That guys stepped into a nightmare. I'm sure he's far too busy worrying about other things than focusing too much effort on one single player.

Night Train
02-22-2014, 07:49 AM
This stuff happens to every team & needs to be dealt with.

Tag him and force him to play... or receive acceptable compensation, prior to the draft ( so we could get needed picks ).

This later draft in May may actually help this situation. It will give teams more time to think about overpaying Byrd. You only need one team to bite...and someone will.

better days
02-22-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm aware the accolades mean nothing to Byrd's critics and never will. But they do mean something to him, which is why I believe the report that he is annoyed at the Bills. And I've resigned myself to the knowledge that he'll walk or be traded for peanuts this March.

What would you consider peanuts?

Is a 2nd rnd pick peanuts? A 3rd?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-22-2014, 09:35 AM
What would you consider peanuts?

Is a 2nd rnd pick peanuts? A 3rd?

Any pick at all for a developed star player in his prime is losing out, but anything less than the pick we used to draft him (#42) is peanuts. There's no way we can get that high though, because of his contract situation. So more likely we are looking at trading him from something like Cleveland's 4th and 5th, and then listening to three years of people trying to tear down his play on his new team and hype up whatever backup we drafted with the picks. Ie the Chris Hairson effect.

better days
02-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Any pick at all for a developed star player in his prime is losing out, but anything less than the pick we used to draft him (#42) is peanuts. There's no way we can get that high though, because of his contract situation. So more likely we are looking at trading him from something like Cleveland's 4th and 5th, and then listening to three years of people trying to tear down his play on his new team and hype up whatever backup we drafted with the picks. Ie the Chris Hairson effect.

Ridiculous. If the Bills were to let Byrd walk, they would get better than a 4th or 5th as a comp pick.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Ridiculous. If the Bills were to let Byrd walk, they would get better than a 4th or 5th as a comp pick.

The absolute most you can get as a comp pick is the end of the 3rd round, which is a whopping 6 slots ahead of Cleveland's fourth.

And of course, you don't get compensatory picks at all if you go out and sign good players in free agency. And isn't that the whole point of letting Byrd walk? To sign guys in FA? I mean, it would be outrageous to think that the Bills would let a prime free agent walk, and then do nothing with his cap room and play a season $20 million under the cap, wouldn't it?

better days
02-22-2014, 09:52 AM

Cleveland has some good players on the DL. Don't know that they need Carrington.

better days
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM
The absolute most you can get as a comp pick is the end of the 3rd round, which is a whopping 6 slots ahead of Cleveland's fourth.

And of course, you don't get compensatory picks at all if you go out and sign good players in free agency. And isn't that the whole point of letting Byrd walk? To sign guys in FA? I mean, it would be outrageous to think that the Bills would let a prime free agent walk, and then do nothing with his cap room and play a season $20 million under the cap, wouldn't it?

Well, I expect Byrd to be signed or traded for a 2nd.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Well, I expect Byrd to be signed or traded for a 2nd.

To which team?

better days
02-22-2014, 10:06 AM
To which team?

I don't know, but if the Browns have a real interest in Byrd, they do have extra picks.

feldspar
02-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Cleveland Browns' interest in Jairus Byrd is real

The Cleveland Browns are targeting Jairus Byrd.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday from the NFL Scouting Combine that the possibility of a reunion between Browns coach Mike Pettine and the playmaking safety "is real," according to sources familiar with the team's thinking.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327473/article/cleveland-browns-interest-in-jairus-byrd-is-real

If they want him that bad and Byrd doesn't want to be here , they can send us a pick.

I read this too. Mike Pettine is a classic case of "wham, bam, thank you ma'am."

"Reuniting" Pettine with Byrd? Please, like they were tied at the hip before. Eleven games Byrd played under Pettine.

But if Byrd "doesn't like Buffalo" and forces his escape, I'll wish bad things upon him throughout his career. That's just the way I roll. Cleveland is not better. He's only had to spend about half his time in Buffalo anyway...the season doesn't last that long. After which, he can go anywhere.

That's another thing I hate. These guys make tons of cash. I understand they have to work to keep in shape and such, but they are off about half the time, especially when their team doesn't make the playoffs. For Christ's sake, Byrd made like $7 MILLION for showing up to work for about 4 months this year. As far as I'm concerned, you can be at the North Pole. Wherever you are in the NFL, you are there to WORK and earn your money...not much else. Then you go have your fun or whatever kind of people you want to rape.

Oaf
02-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Nothing less than a 2015 1st. Guy is All-Pro and very young.