PDA

View Full Version : A few comments from Monos on his chat

X-Era
02-21-2014, 01:51 PM
"Jim Monos:
We don't have a major need, but we always want to add depth, especially at defensive back and with pass rushers."

"Jim Monos:
We have players targeted in free agency that we are excited about. Our free agency plan does not affect how we scout prospects."

"Jim Monos:
We're going to be aggressive in free agency with players who will help our team whether we acquire them early or late in the process."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Live-Chat-Director-of-Player-Personnel-Jim-Monos/a811d58d-38c7-487e-bb2f-e7c9cf4fa864

More depth at DB and pass rushing is a bit surprising for me. And I think we may see an early UFA signing or even two but it won't be a big name.

Meathead
02-21-2014, 02:16 PM
a) how come i never heard of jim monos
2) i bet theres a thousand mean things kids could make up out of his last time

Meathead
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
lmao im sitting there waiting ten minutes for the audio to start before i realized it was a text chat. doy

DesertFox24
02-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Niether of those two positions surprise me.

We have no boundary corner depth behind McKelvin and Gilmore. Robey and Brooks are nickle and dime guys but are not boundary corners.

As for the pass rusher comment all we really have is Mario and Jerry as DEs. We did a good job with sacks last year but if we see more 43 looks this year we only have two edge rushers.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus as Seattle showed you can never have to many pass rushers they were all over Manning

YardRat
02-21-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't think the DB should be a surprise, you've been advocating for a vet FA pick up at corner for a few seasons now.

X-Era
02-21-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't think the DB should be a surprise, you've been advocating for a vet FA pick up at corner for a few seasons now.
I have. But I'd like a vet. Yet we've added like 5 in the past few years... 6 if you include Robey. I took him to mean he wanted to add more from the draft. If he meant a veteran, I'd agree. But if they want to add another Meeks/Brooks/Rogers/Williams/Searcy whats the point. Don't we have that?

The Jokeman
02-22-2014, 11:30 AM
"Jim Monos:
We don't have a major need, but we always want to add depth, especially at defensive back and with pass rushers."

"Jim Monos:
We have players targeted in free agency that we are excited about. Our free agency plan does not affect how we scout prospects."

"Jim Monos:
We're going to be aggressive in free agency with players who will help our team whether we acquire them early or late in the process."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Live-Chat-Director-of-Player-Personnel-Jim-Monos/a811d58d-38c7-487e-bb2f-e7c9cf4fa864

More depth at DB and pass rushing is a bit surprising for me. And I think we may see an early UFA signing or even two but it won't be a big name.

Depth at DB isn't a shock to me because look at what happened in the early season when had to rely on Rogers starting. It was ugly. In terms of pass rush it makes sense as Kyle Williams is getting older, there's no guaranteeing we'll re-sign Dareus/Hughes after this season.

Bangarang
02-22-2014, 06:00 PM
So you mean to tell me this guy watched our LG play and still doesn't think we have a major need there?

Mace
02-22-2014, 10:05 PM
a) how come i never heard of jim monos
2) i bet theres a thousand mean things kids could make up out of his last time

Director of pro personnel is Tom Gibbons.

I was just amazed.

Had to look up the organization, thought it was some other team. I could do the same job and say better things for 5k less. Yet they arrest me every time I show up naked and plaster me with these restraining orders. It's just not right.

Anyway, Gibbons and Monos are running the personnel show. Dunno what to even make of it. Didn't even realize we had a Gibbons and a Monos. WTH is going on ?

It's also really weird that Monos is using Chris Brown's icon the first few lines, then suddenly becomes not Chris Brown if you get my vibe.

Mace
02-22-2014, 10:31 PM

I think Chris Brown is controlling everything in an evil manner to bring about the downfall of civilization as we know it.