Should the Buffalo Bills replace T.J. Graham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Should the Buffalo Bills replace T.J. Graham?

IMO, this isn't really about TJ Graham but about our qb problems. I've always stated it's hard to evaluate our receivers because of how unstable the qb position was. This write-up shows it.

What I saw
    Targets

- T.J was targeted on 58 passing plays, which accounts for 11% of all the quarterback targets (522). T.J. was the fifth receiving option in the pass game, behind Stevie Johnson (150 targets), Robert Woods (85 targets), Scott Chandler (81 targets) and Fred Jackson (65 targets).
    - Of the seven primary receiving targets on the Bills, Graham had the worst catch to target ratio of 39.7%.
    - Of the 58 targeted passes to T.J., I counted 29 good throws and 29 bad throws (50%), and three dropped passes.

Let's take a closer look at Buffalo Bills wide receiver T.J. Graham, who is the subject of a lot of vitriol from the fan base.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Should the Buffalo Bills replace T.J. Graham?

Not outright. But certainly bring in some competition and if he gets beat so be it. I honestly believe Chris Hogan might be more valuable to the team at this point.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      I've always stated it's hard to evaluate our receivers because of how unstable the qb position was.
      This can be said for almost 20 years now yet which WR left us and was even remotely successful elsewhere?

I wish we would accept that other than when Polian was here, the Bills have been the worst talent evaluators in the history of the NFL.

That includes Better Days' cousin Buddy Nix.

The reason for that is that our hiring of coaching, scouting and management people has been terrible due to providing an unattractive work environment for a host of reasons.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

oh hes gonna have to fight for his job all right. he needs to show the big jump youre supposed to show in your second season. twenty three catches in your second season? rookie qb or not thats pretty weaksauce
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Graham drops everything. Goodwin is a newer, better player than Graham could/will ever be. Move on from this Buddy Nix blunder. Please.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

He's option #4 or 5 right now, which speaks for itself. He's playing for his job. ( SJ,Woods,Goodwin are the current core )

A tall WR with some abilty to go get the ball on 3rd down or make catches in the red zone is probably a profile the Bills would like...but not early in the draft.

TE is a far higher priority.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Woods hasn't played to our expectation. No one has. I blame our qb situation and the videos show it
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                IMO, this isn't really about TJ Graham but about our qb problems. I've always stated it's hard to evaluate our receivers because of how unstable the qb position was. This write-up shows it.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014...lace-tj-graham
                2014 is a magical season for Graham as it will mark his third year in the league. I'm all for keeping him but also not looking for him to play a role bigger than the 4th WR behind SJ13, Woods and a proven veteran WR.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

I think it's not about our receiver problems or QB problems but coaching/FO problems. We always seem to end up with offensive weapons needing some gloss who end up not being glossed with staffs clueless how to use them.

Parrish was awesome fast, awesome not good hands, Graham is the same, so I think short routes, throw into the breadbasket and room in space, Spiller is an amazing mismatch against a linebacker, so put him out there. But it seems mystifying, keep trying to throw precision routes to Parrish (back then), or Graham now, and run Spiller into the line again so he can run sideways and get mauled. You have Goodwin and Woods and Johnson the QB you didn't realize would be the QB can't throw to so let him not throw it so they can't catch it.

I wasn't fond of the Spiller pick, like Spiller though as a player, and to me he's the perfect example of getting what we don't know what to do with. Same for Graham, Parrish before him, and who knows how many others at the moment. Every new offense you think they have a clue, but you can see from your couch they really don't without making their money.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Graham is horrendous.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                      Graham is horrendous.
                      If mean as a starting WR I agree with you but if you regulate him to the bench as a depth WR he is as good as they get. That's why I say bring in a veteran to keep Graham/Goodwin on the bench. As if play the law of averages most rookie WRs don't contribute as well as veterans.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Too bad he doesn't return kicks or he'd have a spot on this team for life.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          If mean as a starting WR I agree with you but if you regulate him to the bench as a depth WR he is as good as they get. That's why I say bring in a veteran to keep Graham/Goodwin on the bench. As if play the law of averages most rookie WRs don't contribute as well as veterans.
                          What are you smoking?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Graham jumps three feet in the air when the ball is thrown at his chest. Enough said.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

They shouldn't draft or sign a FA specifically to replace him, per se, but they should bring in somebody to upgrade the squad, and if Graham becomes the odd man out so be it. Hell, they may already have a replacement in the fold if Hogan, Kauffman or Barden really steps up.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X