• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The 2014 Bills Draft Is All About EJ Manuel

...and the offense.

Marrone, Hackett and Whaley are all about EJ Manuel.

Like it or not, their chips are all in on EJ.

Whaley made it clear the Bills aren't drafting a quarterback this May.

I think this entire Bills draft is going to be built around EJ Manuel.

The defense is good. Buddy Nix went heavy on defense with his draft picks, and now it's time for Whaley to build up the offense.

Eric Ebron is likely to be available with the 9th pick. This year's draft is deep in Tight End talent.

A very good wide receiver is going to be available in the 2nd round regardless of who gets drafted in the first.

A very good guard, or right tackle will be available in the 3rd round.

A very good running back will be available in the 4th round.

The 5th, 6th and 7th round picks will be reserved for a safety, and two defensive backs.

The 2014 Bills draft is all about protecting EJ Manuel and giving him the weapons to succeed as an NFL quarterback.

Doug Marrone knows that a quarterback's best friend is a great Tight End.

If Tom Brady had a healthy Gronk and jail free Gonzalez to work with last year, I think the Pats would have made the Superbowl instead of the Broncos.

Sherman can only shut down one man.

If the Bills draft Eric Ebron in the first round, Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd round, and a Guard or Right Tackle in the 3rd round and Whaley hits on all three picks, EJ Manuel is going to be a star quarterback in the NFL.
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: The 2014 Bills Draft Is All About EJ Manuel

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    ...and the offense.

Marrone, Hackett and Whaley are all about EJ Manuel.

Like it or not, their chips are all in on EJ.

Whaley made it clear the Bills aren't drafting a quarterback this May.

I think this entire Bills draft is going to be built around EJ Manuel.

The defense is good. Buddy Nix went heavy on defense with his draft picks, and now it's time for Whaley to build up the offense.

Eric Ebron is likely to be available with the 9th pick. This year's draft is deep in Tight End talent.

A very good wide receiver is going to be available in the 2nd round regardless of who gets drafted in the first.

A very good guard, or right tackle will be available in the 3rd round.

A very good running back will be available in the 4th round.

The 5th, 6th and 7th round picks will be reserved for a safety, and two defensive backs.

The 2014 Bills draft is all about protecting EJ Manuel and giving him the weapons to succeed as an NFL quarterback.

Doug Marrone knows that a quarterback's best friend is a great Tight End.

If Tom Brady had a healthy Gronk and jail free Gonzalez to work with last year, I think the Pats would have made the Superbowl instead of the Broncos.

Sherman can only shut down one man.

If the Bills draft Eric Ebron in the first round, Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd round, and a Guard or Right Tackle in the 3rd round and Whaley hits on all three picks, EJ Manuel is going to be a star quarterback in the NFL.
    We took Woods in the 2nd Round last year and he was thought to be the most NFL ready WR and look how well he performed as a rookie. He's also a better route runner than Benjamin. I think most fans put too much stock in production of skill position players as rookies. Most take a few years to reach their max potential. If we're going to help EJ make a move forward think it's better served with veterans than rookies. Look at what Tannehill did as a rookie and it was comparable to what EJ did, in order to take the next step the Dolphins added veterans to help him out and he performed better. I think the Bills should take a similar approach and that's why say look at James Jones and Brandon Pettigrew to shore up the WR and TE spots we have questions at. As look closely at what the top rookie TEs and WRs did last season and outside of Keenan Allen none of them were earth shattering.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

If the Bills trade down, I could see them drafting Ebron, but Ebron will not be the best player available at #9 & the Bills will not draft him with the #9 pick.

I heard speculation on Sirius radio the other day that Sammy Watkins could fall to the Bills at #9. If that happens, expect the Bills to draft him.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

As far as offensive players go, the Bills board should have Watkins, Robinson, and Matthews at the top of their list. If none of them are available at nine, I would take Lewan before I would take Ebron or Evans.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
          If the Bills trade down, I could see them drafting Ebron, but Ebron will not be the best player available at #9 & the Bills will not draft him with the #9 pick.

I heard speculation on Sirius radio the other day that Sammy Watkins could fall to the Bills at #9. If that happens, expect the Bills to draft him.
          I think there is a very slim chance at best that Watkins falls to 9.

The only way that could happen is if 3 QB's go before 9 and it could easily end up that only 1 or 2 are considered worthy of a top 10 pick... But I make no claims about the QB's anymore after the schooling I received last year when I was so far off the mark on where they would get drafted.

So since it would likely require 3 QB going before us and I admit to having no clue on where they will be taken I can honestly say I have no idea whether Watkins will fall or not.

Judging strictly on Watkins, I see him as one of the top 3 prospects in the whole draft so falling to 9 would be very unlikely IMO.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

1ST. Lewan
            2nd. S.-Jenkins
            3rd. Borland or Skov
            4th. Moncrief or M.Bryant
            5th. Guard

Solved.

Comment

• Dr. Who
              • Jul 2002

That is an intelligent draft, but I don't think there's any chance Moncrief falls to the 4th now.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                I think there is a very slim chance at best that Watkins falls to 9.

The only way that could happen is if 3 QB's go before 9 and it could easily end up that only 1 or 2 are considered worthy of a top 10 pick... But I make no claims about the QB's anymore after the schooling I received last year when I was so far off the mark on where they would get drafted.

So since it would likely require 3 QB going before us and I admit to having no clue on where they will be taken I can honestly say I have no idea whether Watkins will fall or not.

Judging strictly on Watkins, I see him as one of the top 3 prospects in the whole draft so falling to 9 would be very unlikely IMO.
                The speculation was 3 QBs would be drafted before the Bills pick.

That leaves 5 teams ahead of the Bills. 3 teams were said to be possibilities to draft Watkins, but all 3 have greater needs than WR, OT for example.

I agree it is a long shot Watkins falls to #9, but you never know.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                  As far as offensive players go, the Bills board should have Watkins, Robinson, and Matthews at the top of their list. If none of them are available at nine, I would take Lewan before I would take Ebron or Evans.

Yeah why would you want a Gronk or Graham like weapon on your offense for your 2nd year QB, when you can have a right tackle instead! PLAYOFFS!

God, give me play makers please, enough of this right tackle ****.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                    Yeah why would you want a Gronk or Graham like weapon on your offense for your 2nd year QB, when you can have a right tackle instead! PLAYOFFS!

God, give me play makers please, enough of this right tackle ****.
                    If Gronk or Graham are in this draft, I say take them.

Ebron is NOT Gronk or Graham.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

We need a right tackle so we can give the dumbass more time to find a receiver. Unlike at FSU they are not wide open all the time in the NFL.

If Moncrief is gone take Bryant then. Lot of upside with that kid.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                        We need a right tackle so we can give the dumbass more time to find a receiver. Unlike at FSU they are not wide open all the time in the NFL.

A GOOD RT would also help the run game.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          A GOOD RT would also help the run game.
                          Exactly. Which EJ will need. S-Jenkins is big t-end who can block also.

Get those two and the skill players and qb suddenly look better.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Exactly. Which EJ will need. S-Jenkins is big t-end who can block also.

Get those two and the skill players and qb suddenly look better.
                            Jenkins would make a great replacement for Chandler in the red zone & is a better blocker than Chandler.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                              • Jul 2002

Any qb is better when he has more time to find a receiver. The game usually slows down for a qb eventually. The pace of the game is a problem for nearly all rookie qbs. NFL qb is arguably the toughest position to play in sports. I don't understand the contempt for EJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X