View Full Version : Bills to play Giants in the Hall of Fame game

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Via the Bills app

Fixxxer
02-27-2014, 11:49 AM

DesertFox24
02-27-2014, 11:56 AM
I am happy about this since it will give them one more game in preseason, and we will get to start practice a week before everyone else.

As Marrone said EJ was the least practiced starter of any starting QB so the more reps he gets the better.

swiper
02-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Ramses Barden is stoked.

vanbillsfan
02-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Ugh, 5 preseason games is too many.

better days
02-27-2014, 12:10 PM
I posted a while back that Kelly, Thurm & the other HOF Bills were pushing for this game with Andre & Strahan being inducted this year.

YardRat
02-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Ugghh...as if we haven't seen Wide Right enough already.

better days
02-27-2014, 12:12 PM

An extra game for Schwartz to put in his defense & to get another look at fringe players.

vanbillsfan
02-27-2014, 12:16 PM
I know that can be argued, but I think the consensus is there are just way too many pre-season games. With OTA's, camp, and even two games you should know who should make the squad. I don't think 3 more games are necessary to determine a handful of spots (at best).

Buffalogic
02-27-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm good with this. We need extra practice and it just fits with the reed/strahan enshrinement. I think it's pretty cool. Also, it's a good opportunity for the trainers to get some extra time with the new spotlight that has been put on them because of our oft-injured players.

GreedoII
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Listen to you idiots. it;s football. Stop crying about too many this and too much of that. Your fans not personal trainers...dopes

IlluminatusUIUC
02-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Too bad we can't both wear the throwbacks

Turf
02-27-2014, 12:47 PM
It will also give EJ 4 weeks to recover from his injury for the season opener.

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2014, 01:37 PM
An extra game for Schwartz to put in his defense & to get another look at fringe players.

jesus, we already do that 16 times a year!

Meathead
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
It will also give EJ 4 weeks to recover from his injury for the season opener.

ouch

DunkCityFan
02-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Well, if you cannot make the playoff that's one way to get an extra game.

jimmifli
02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
jesus, we already do that 16 times a year!
Right in the feelz.

Famous Amos
03-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Eh, consider it a glorified scrimmage like when we play Cleveland every year at camp. I can't imagine they will do much game planning or go beyond a vanilla look to the offense and defense.
Two things: stay healthy and keep the penalties to a minimal. This is a good opportunity to display mental toughness execution of the plays.

BillsFever21
03-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Preseason sucks but it's still football and it's sooner we will get to see the Bills. I don't watch any preseason games outside of the Bills though. When it finally rolls around I get excited but after a couple games it gets old and you're just waiting for the season to start.

It's not like the starters will play much in this first game anyway. Maybe two series at the very most. This game will be treated like the last preseason game.

OpIv37
03-01-2014, 05:19 PM
I have mixed feelings about this.

The good news is that it means an early start to camp and a sooner return to Bills football.

The bad news is that preseason is too long as it is and it's one more opportunity for our guys to get hurt.

gr8slayer
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM
This is great news for E.J.

JoeMama
03-01-2014, 06:38 PM

And 5 months is too long to wait for them to start.

I hate this time of year.

OpIv37
03-01-2014, 06:50 PM
And 5 months is too long to wait for them to start.

I hate this time of year.
That's one of the great things about hockey. The regular season ends in early April and starts in early October. The Stanley Cup isn't decided until the end of May and occasionally spills into June. Worst case scenario, the off-season is six months for your team.

In the NFL, if your team misses the playoffs, it's over 8 months between games. Even if you win the SB, it's over 7 months.

JoeMama
03-01-2014, 07:03 PM
That's one of the great things about hockey. The regular season ends in early April and starts in early October. The Stanley Cup isn't decided until the end of May and occasionally spills into June. Worst case scenario, the off-season is six months for your team.

In the NFL, if your team misses the playoffs, it's over 8 months between games. Even if you win the SB, it's over 7 months.

Briefer lapses between seasons is a big plus.

Hockey helps ease the pain during the NFL offseason but less so in recent years as the Sabres woes continue.

Mostly I miss the weekly structure that football season offers. The ritual of Bills football neatly divides life into a series of 7 day chunks, each with a clear payoff every 1pm on Sunday. There's a cycle of anticipation and reward (excluding the losing part) that goes on for about 5 months. I like that.

I envy hardcore MLB fans. They only have to wait three months or so between the WS and spring training.

OpIv37
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM

Hockey helps ease the pain during the NFL offseason but less so in recent years as the Sabres woes continue.

Mostly I miss the weekly structure that football season offers. The ritual of Bills football neatly divides life into a series of 7 day chunks, each with a clear payoff every 1pm on Sunday. There's a cycle of anticipation and reward (excluding the losing part) that goes on for about 5 months. I like that.

I envy hardcore MLB fans. They only have to wait three months or so between the WS and spring training.

The ritual bothers me sometimes. I literally lose a full day of my week during football season. And while I always look forward to it and I'm always bothered when it ends, having all that free time is nice.

BillsFever21
03-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Baseball is a little longer then a few months especially if your team doesn't make the playoffs. Ends in September and the regular season starts in April. Right around 5 months or so between the time it ends until it starts up again.

Now diehard NASCAR fans really have it made. It seems like that stuff is running damn near all year long. They are off for a few months and before you know it the Daytona 500 is there. Then you have about two weeks leading up to the race between qualifying and the Duels to finish off the rest of the positions. It gets boring enough as it is let alone racing almost all year long.

The layover from the NFL sucks but that's part of what makes the NFL as popular and exciting as it is. Your team only plays once a week for a four month stretch excluding any playoff games and the preseason. It makes every game that important and more of an event instead of just another game like the other sports. If you lose several games in a row or have a bad stretch in the NFL then your chances of making the playoffs are slim. In the other sports you can lose 15 out of 20 games and it's not a huge deal. In MLB it's quite common for teams to go on many of them stretches. In football you are done if you go on a 1-4 stretch. At least for any first round byes. If you're lucky you may still get a wild card.