PDA

View Full Version : WGR reporting Deal is in place for Ott!

DetDannyWilliams
02-27-2014, 06:22 PM
WGR is saying there is a report that says there is a deal in place for Ott...they didnt give specifics.

coastal
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
A trade or extension?

Ginger Vitis
02-27-2014, 06:36 PM
A trade or extension?

Trade

Downinfloflo
02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
More rumors on the Twitter..

The Fourth Period reports #Sabres (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Sabres&src=hash) defenseman Christian Ehrhoff is on the trading block and Tyler Myers could be dealt for right price.

#Sabres (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Sabres&src=hash) Christian Ehrhoff has submitted a no-trade list as per his limited no-move clause and is being dangled

It's now been confirmed by media that #Sabres (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Sabres&src=hash) are listening to offers on Ehrhoff.. Really isn't new news tho.. Been going on for a while

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2014, 06:46 PM
not finding anything...

coastal
02-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Would love to see Myers traded.

hate him.

5 cent head

YardRat
02-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Fire sale.

Downinfloflo
02-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Would love to see Myers traded.

hate him.

5 cent head

I think Myers is the guy Murray was talking about in that blue and gold video.

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2014, 07:07 PM
WGR tweeted something from hockeyscanner 5 hours ago about a trade for ott. outside that, nothing.

a trade proposal scenario with him was also tweeted. but that was just speculation.

coastal
02-27-2014, 07:23 PM
I think Myers is the guy Murray was talking about in that blue and gold video.
I think you're right.

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2014, 07:40 PM
myers is apparently available. murray isnt actively pushing him out the door, but if the right trade came along, he would be moved. which is a smart thing to do. but apparently, its going to cost teams a ton to get him. but young, towering, skilled dmen dont come easy.

dreger mentions colorado. reilly?

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
err. o'reilly?

Downinfloflo
02-27-2014, 08:24 PM
myers is apparently available. murray isnt actively pushing him out the door, but if the right trade came along, he would be moved. which is a smart thing to do. but apparently, its going to cost teams a ton to get him. but young, towering, skilled dmen dont come easy.

dreger mentions colorado. reilly?

@DarrenDreger (https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger) reporting that the #leafs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23leafs&src=hash) may have interest in #sabres (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sabres&src=hash) defenseman Tyler Myers. #tmltalk (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tmltalk&src=hash)

If that's what he is viewed as, Why would he be on the block? He's young enough to stick around for the rebuild.

coastal
02-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Christ... he'd fit right into the undisciplined mess of Leafs players.

Wonder what they're looking for from the Leafs...

Reimer for sure.

Downinfloflo
02-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Christ... he'd fit right into the undisciplined mess of Leafs players.

Wonder what they're looking for from the Leafs...

Reimer for sure.

And Kadri?? plus Buffalo sends one of their 2nd rounders???

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2014, 12:25 AM
If that's what he is viewed as, Why would he be on the block? He's young enough to stick around for the rebuild.

i dont think hes actively shopping myers to the point he wants him gone. nolan has been speaking very highly of myers recently. im sure murray listens to his coaches input.

i think hes feeling out whats available.

if myers is moved (big if) its going to be for an asset. not a player dump.

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2014, 12:26 AM
as for reimer, no thanks. the guy puts up good numbers, but his fundamentals are so flawed, and he is a poor skater. hes not going to stick around as a starter for too long.

coastal
02-28-2014, 06:09 AM
And Kadri?? plus Buffalo sends one of their 2nd rounders???
Do not like Kadri at all...

tampabay25690
02-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Wow would be surprised to see Myers traded to the Leafs a big Sabres rival!!
Would be very surprised

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2014, 07:34 AM
Darren Dreger said on WGR this morning a GM told him the Sabres are asking for a prospect and a 1st Round pick for Ott and "it's too high of a asking price for Ott"

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2014, 07:46 AM
myers is apparently available.

According to Darren Dreger there is "tons of interest in Tyler Myers" Dreger thinks the Sabres should be able to get 1)roster player 2)draft pick 3)young prospect for Myers

Dreger also said the goaltender market is "soft"

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 07:50 AM
I swear, if Miller walks for nothing, there better be 20k people with pitchforks and torches out front of FNC.....

tampabay25690
02-28-2014, 08:08 AM
I swear, if Miller walks for nothing, there better be 20k people with pitchforks and torches out front of FNC.....

I don't think that will happen!!!
They r ready to keep him..... I know Miller can't wait till the deadline is over!

- - - Updated - - -

Darren Dreger said on WGR this morning a GM told him the Sabres are asking for a prospect and a 1st Round pick for Ott and "it's too high of a asking price for Ott"

They r not going to give away any of these guys!!
Good for them

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't think that will happen!!!
They r ready to keep him..... I know Miller can't wait till the deadline is over!

- - - Updated - - -

Being ready to keep him is meaningless if he doesn't want to stay.

I would hope that they've gauged his interest in staying and at least threw out some ballpark numbers to make sure they are on the same page, but I've seen both the Bills and Sabres botch this stuff so many times that I won't believe it til I see it.

The King
02-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Buffalo is selling in the worst trade market in years. So many teams are still in the hunt, that teams are not going to be giving up a lot.

SpikedLemonade
02-28-2014, 10:37 AM

It seems Murray has the same arrogant overvaluing of the Sabre players that the previous idiot had.

Getting stuck getting nothing for a couple of these upcoming FAs would look good on him.

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2014, 10:46 AM
murray is doing what every GM would do. its completely logical and smart. hes asking high, see if anyone is willing to overpay for the services of a player. if theres none, the asking price will come down. i mean, thats what a good GM would do. start high, go lower if need be.

thats why they are called trade negotiations.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Buffalo is selling in the worst trade market in years. So many teams are still in the hunt, that teams are not going to be giving up a lot.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your point, but if a lot of teams are still chasing playoffs that usually means a seller's market.

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Perhaps I'm not understanding your point, but if a lot of teams are still chasing playoffs that usually means a seller's market.

Seconded. I kind of get the goalie thing- most of the teams in the playoff hunt are happy with their goaltending situation. But I can't believe there aren't a whole bunch of teams willing to give up picks or prospects for a stay at home defenseman like Tallinder or an experienced high motor guy like Ott to get them into the playoffs or improve their chances once they get there.

The King
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM

It does create a sellers market which makes asking prices ridiculous. And with a cap adjustment taking room from teams it's going to be tough to get deals done.

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 11:35 AM
The cap thing is an issue. None of the guys the Sabres may move have huge cap hits, but most teams are right up against the cap and it would be hard to fit any new players under it without moving a current player off the roster. I think this is where all these rumors about 3 way deals are coming from.

The King
02-28-2014, 12:08 PM
I just don't think there's any way to be happy when you're trying to unload so many guys in this type of market you're not going to see the return you want. Not too mention the players you're offering aren't going to push any team over the hump with the exception of Moulson perhaps.

Teams are not going to get into a bidding war over Steve Ott and an expiring contract.

Downinfloflo
02-28-2014, 01:08 PM
According to Darren Dreger there is "tons of interest in Tyler Myers" Dreger thinks the Sabres should be able to get 1)roster player 2)draft pick 3)young prospect for Myers

Dreger also said the goaltender market is "soft"

Is Myers even on the top 50 list for defense men?

He's young, But he has had some pretty awful years, I don't see anyone moving that many assets for polarizing prospect.

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
and thats why i think he stays. he is too young, too talented, and has a huge body, so he will cost a TON. but hes also struggled a few years. so teams will be hesitant to pay a high price.

SpikedLemonade
02-28-2014, 02:25 PM
and thats why i think he stays. he is too young, too talented, and has a huge body, so he will cost a TON. but hes also struggled a few years. so teams will be hesitant to pay a high price.

It is refreshing that I don't read the word Chara in descriptions of Myers by Sabre fans any more. Showing that level of stupidity is one of the reasons Sabres fans are laughed at. Never winning it all is another.

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Is Myers even on the top 50 list for defense men?

A couple of Top 50 defensemen lists prior to the 2013-2014 season that I looked at..None of them had Myers in the Top 50

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Wow would be surprised to see Myers traded to the Leafs a big Sabres rival!!
Would be very surprised

Been meaning to ask. You implied that you had a source inside the Sabres, do you feel that your source will still be a source when all the dust is settled at the end of the season? Will your source still be privy to what they were privy to in the past?

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2014, 02:44 PM

If so many teams were still in the hunt, wouldn't that mean less teams selling, meaning MORE opportunities for the Sabres to be one of the few sellers?

SpikedLemonade
02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
This year's salary cap is THE reason trades will be less frequent. Contending teams that want to add players simply don't have the salary cap this year. The Sabres may have to take some salary back even if they don't want to.

For example, if the Bruins were interested in Moulson and Ott, they would need the Sabres to be interested in taking Chris Kelly back (one year left on his contract after this year) in addition to draft picks or prospects.

Every contender has the same problem.

In future years with the cap going up year after year, this year's problem at the trade deadline should not be repeated.

tampabay25690
02-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Being ready to keep him is meaningless if he doesn't want to stay.

I would hope that they've gauged his interest in staying and at least threw out some ballpark numbers to make sure they are on the same page, but I've seen both the Bills and Sabres botch this stuff so many times that I won't believe it til I see it.

Y does everyone say he doesn't want to stay??? Just curious?
The media has been basically telling him for over a year he is being traded!!
I give him a ton of credit he has played great hockey!

tampabay25690
02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Been meaning to ask. You implied that you had a source inside the Sabres, do you feel that your source will still be a source when all the dust is settled at the end of the season? Will your source still be privy to what they were privy to in the past?

Yes...,
I did get a little present just in cs 1 of the guys is leaving.
Will post a pic next Thursday when the team is in Tampa for 3 days next week!!
I will say the future of organization is much right lipped now!

Downinfloflo
02-28-2014, 03:17 PM
A couple of Top 50 defensemen lists prior to the 2013-2014 season that I looked at..None of them had Myers in the Top 50

I looked to, Found nothing.

The King
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
If so many teams were still in the hunt, wouldn't that mean less teams selling, meaning MORE opportunities for the Sabres to be one of the few sellers?

I've already explained this.

Meathead
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
miller has said on record that a lunqvi7zst type deal would keep him here. i think the sabres would like to avoid that, but if they cant get good value for him in a trade that includes a goalie that can start/platoon next season while their own kid goalies develop they just might give ryan that contract

Downinfloflo
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM
miller has said on record that a lunqvi7zst type deal would keep him here. i think the sabres would like to avoid that, but if they cant get good value for him in a trade that includes a goalie that can start/platoon next season while their own kid goalies develop they just might give ryan that contract

Murray is on record saying that a goalie does not have to be part of a Miller trade.

SkateZilla
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM

if no one needs goalies, then it's not front office's fault.

Meathead
02-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Murray is on record saying that a goalie does not have to be part of a Miller trade.

yeah i didnt word that correctly. i meant that they need to find somebody either in that trade or a separate trade that can at least platoon with enroth until one of them emerges as a bonafide starter. if they trade miller and dont get a capable goalie then all their eggs are in enroths basket next season. if he were to fail as a starter then they would be forced to try to negotiate from a position of extreme weakness bc they dont have any other nhl ready options currently in the organization. they need to feel pretty good that they can get that asset somewhere before they would be comfortable moving miller in a fire sale mode