PDA

View Full Version : "What Does EJ Want?"

BillsImpossible
02-27-2014, 07:25 PM
A Ferrari wide receiver in the first and a Land Rover Tight End in the second?

or

A Ford F-350 at right tackle in the first and a Buick Rendezvous at guard in the second?

Think of Doug Marrone sitting down with EJ and the coaching staff.

"EJ, tell us what you want. Tell us what you need to win and don't mince words. Be blunt."

What does he want?

I think any quarterback in their right mind would say, "Give me the keys to the Ferrari and the Land Rover, coach."

BillsFever21
02-27-2014, 07:40 PM
The Ferrari doesn't do much good if it breaks down all the time or is only carrying a 4 cylinder engine under the hood. The car needs to hold up for you to enjoy it. It goes both ways.

YardRat
02-27-2014, 07:41 PM
If Marrone and his staff are getting drafting advice from their 2nd year QB they should be fired immediately.

BillsImpossible
02-27-2014, 08:13 PM
If Marrone and his staff are getting drafting advice from their 2nd year QB they should be fired immediately.

If Marrone and his staff are not asking EJ Manuel what he thinks he needs to succeed, then they should be fired.

I wouldn't call EJ's opinion, 'drafting advice.' What he thinks matters most to this franchise, like it or not. Everything rests upon his shoulders, and EJ has a huge burden of a 15 year playoff drought hanging on his shoulders.

What EJ thinks matters most. If he thinks the offensive line is good enough to win, I'd want to know that as the coach of the team.

If he doesn't think the offensive line protection is up to par, I'd want to know that too.

YardRat
02-27-2014, 08:26 PM
If Marrone and his staff are not asking EJ Manuel what he thinks he needs to succeed, then they should be fired.

I wouldn't call EJ's opinion, 'drafting advice.' What he thinks matters most to this franchise, like it or not. Everything rests upon his shoulders, and EJ has a huge burden of a 15 year playoff drought hanging on his shoulders.

What EJ thinks matters most. If he thinks the offensive line is good enough to win, I'd want to know that as the coach of the team.

If he doesn't think the offensive line protection is up to par, I'd want to know that too.

That is a recipe for disaster, and what EJ 'thinks' certainly does not matter most. Hell, I'm all on board for giving him more time to develop, but he has yet to do anything significant enough to prove he even belongs in this league let alone start giving advice on the strengths and weakness of other players and units. Guys like Brady and Manning? Sure...maybe. Not a 2nd year player with 10 games under his belt.

feldspar
02-27-2014, 09:28 PM

This is all a hot steaming pile of dog ****.

What you are basically espousing is that EJ Manuel throw some of his current teammates under the bus. It doesn't work that way. If you ever left that kind of thing up to the players to voice, then how would that affect the locker-room?

Ask somebody else on that offense what they need to succeed, and they may say "a different quarterback." Why does EJ Manuel get to say who comes and goes? The answer comes back...he doesn't. Period.

The coaches and the evaluators have their jobs, and they don't need to ask Manuel about those things. If they do, THEY are the ones that should be fired.

Mace
02-27-2014, 11:42 PM
If I was going to take a wild guess, I'd say more than anything, EJ wants his knees to keep working properly for a while, and would scream,

"My knees, my knees, I want my knees, and I want people to stop hurting my knees."

Best option for that would for them to get him one of those TALOS suits and a reliable tight end who can run around fast, imho.

Night Train
02-28-2014, 04:19 AM
TE (Ebron) or OT (Matthews,Robinson,Lewan) at #9.

EDS
02-28-2014, 11:38 AM
A Ferrari wide receiver in the first and a Land Rover Tight End in the second?

or

A Ford F-350 at right tackle in the first and a Buick Rendezvous at guard in the second?

Think of Doug Marrone sitting down with EJ and the coaching staff.

"EJ, tell us what you want. Tell us what you need to win and don't mince words. Be blunt."

What does he want?

I think any quarterback in their right mind would say, "Give me the keys to the Ferrari and the Land Rover, coach."

EJ wants to stay healthy, learn how to read an NFL defense and develop consistency and accuracy.

jills
02-28-2014, 04:11 PM

A new brain and some balls are gonna be hard to find.

kishoph
03-01-2014, 06:31 AM
A new brain and some balls are gonna be hard to find.

I'm gonna assume that you're speaking from experience.

JoeMama
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM

"I want to be Jameis Winston" (tears in eyes).

jills
03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna assume that you're speaking from experience.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2014, 01:19 PM
The ability to somehow grasp the quarterback position would be nice. Maybe draft metzenberger to take the pressure off!