PDA

View Full Version : Two trades already done?

DetDannyWilliams
02-28-2014, 05:26 PM
from Sabres Pregame Duffer Miller supposed to start now backup Enroth in. also Ott is now a scratch Scott goes in his place...Stay Tuned

DetDannyWilliams
02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 2m

Confirming reports that Ryan Miller is a late scratch tonight. It's believed that a deal is imminent and STL is the likely destination.

Skooby
02-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 2m

Confirming reports that Ryan Miller is a late scratch tonight. It's believed that a deal is imminent and STL is the likely destination.

Bye bye Miller.

swiper
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/Hamilton-Miller-and-Ott-Likely-Headed-to-St-Louis/18492728

DetDannyWilliams
02-28-2014, 05:48 PM
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; font-weight: bold; padding: 4px 12px 9px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "> Follow</button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000613914990/5d43cb5360cf63a40c31246ce16f51fb_bigger.jpegSt. Louis BluesVerified account‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>StLouisBlues (https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues)

BREAKING: The Blues have acquired Miller & Ott from Buffalo for Halak, Stewart, Carrier & two picks. INFO >>> http://bit.ly/1fPaGKk (http://t.co/NGLbm5mwxT)

WagonCircler
02-28-2014, 05:53 PM
This blows.

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Not bad.. The key is getting the 1st round pick in 2015 not 2014.. I didn't think Murray could pull that off and he did..Carrier is a decent prospect.. 57th overall in 2013..

ckg927
02-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Bob McKenzie of TSN also tweeted "At this time, there is no deal pending between Buffalo and Ottawa".

Ginger Vitis
02-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Hockeys Futures categorized Carrier as "a solid prospect with upside" Blues fans like Carrier but seem relieved The Blues didn't give up some other prospects who are more highly regarded than Carrier

WagonCircler
02-28-2014, 06:12 PM
How pissed are you if you're Halak? You go from first to worst, and you may just watch Ryan Miller skate around with a Stanley Cup.

swiper
02-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Those draft picks suck. #1 in 2015 and 3rd round in 2016???? WTF? Regier would have gotten more.

doug45
02-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Not bad.. The key is getting the 1st round pick in 2015 not 2014.. I didn't think Murray could pull that off and he did..Carrier is a decent prospect.. 57th overall in 2013..

Anyone can pull off a trade of your best players...we do it all the time in Buffalo!!!

doug45
02-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Those draft picks suck. #1 in 2015 and 3rd round in 2016???? WTF? Regier would have gotten more.

It is not like football where a 1st round pick is a big deal...I agree we got the short end of the stick for sure !!!!!

Skooby
02-28-2014, 06:21 PM
I hope St. Louis has a major collapse next season & we use that trade to get the #1 pick, in my F-in dreams .

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Ott will re-sign after the season. In the end, we got a second liner, a prospect, a first and a third for Miller.

If I'm wrong and Ott doesn't re-sign, then it's a little disappointing but at least we got something for Miller before he walked. If we get Ott back, this is a good deal.

The King
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
This deal makes sense. All along I was saying the market wouldn't yield what you guys were hoping for. But this package certainly bring decent return. Halak is solid, you get your 1st round pick too. It's a nice deal.

doug45
02-28-2014, 06:54 PM
This deal makes sense. All along I was saying the market wouldn't yield what you guys were hoping for. But this package certainly bring decent return. Halak is solid, you get your 1st round pick too. It's a nice deal.

Sorry can not agree, if we were going to trade our top guys we needed to get something for them and we got nothing. A so-so goalie and some trades that in this sport are not that big a deal. Just saying...

ckg927
02-28-2014, 06:58 PM
It is not like football where a 1st round pick is a big deal...I agree we got the short end of the stick for sure !!!!!

Do you understand that in the first two rounds of the next 2 drafts, we will have a combined 10 picks?

Cripes, the way you're acting you want Buffalo to basically have ALL the picks. Either that, or you wanted Murray to basically pick the Blues dry. Option 2 wouldn't have happened-no way, no how.

doug45
02-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Do you understand that in the first two rounds of the next 2 drafts, we will have a combined 10 picks?

Cripes, the way you're acting you want Buffalo to basically have ALL the picks. Either that, or you wanted Murray to basically pick the Blues dry. Option 2 wouldn't have happened-no way, no how.

What I am saying is most draft picks in this sport don't pan out and if they do it takes years. We had great people that have played and can play...Why do you think the Blues want them! And then to get them for almost nothing they can not believe it!!

DetDannyWilliams
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
McKenzie tweets that this deal still isn't done!

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.

WagonCircler
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I wanted Jake Allen.

don137
02-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Don't know about Stewart but he appears to be a younger version of Ott. I do hope the Sabres resign Ott.

I am guessing the Sabres are accumulating picks in 2015 in hopes of trading up if necessary however one has to think Blues pick will be in bottom 8 picks in round 1 next year.

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Sorry can not agree, if we were going to trade our top guys we needed to get something for them and we got nothing. A so-so goalie and some trades that in this sport are not that big a deal. Just saying...

news flash: we are the worst team in the league. Our "top guys" are middle of the road for most teams. Miller's definitely a star but he's up there in years, and Ott has leadership and physicality but his hockey skills are middle of the road as far as NHL guys go.

Meathead
02-28-2014, 07:38 PM
how often do rental players go directly back to the team that traded them the very next season? seems to me it hardly never happens but ive never really looked into it so perhaps im wrong. id love to see ott back but really it seems like close to zero chance

don137
02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Ott said the other day if he is a free agent the Sabres is one of his top places to play. His family loves it here. It doesn't happen often but I remember St. Louis did it a couple years ago. Cannot remember the player though. They traded him at the deadline, I believe to Atlanta and then resigned the player.

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 07:51 PM
how often do rental players go directly back to the team that traded them the very next season? seems to me it hardly never happens but ive never really looked into it so perhaps im wrong. id love to see ott back but really it seems like close to zero chance

Ott says he wants to be in Buffalo. The team likes him, the fans like him, he's cheap by NHL standards and the Sabres have a bazillion dollars in cap room.

It's not common, but this one feels rigged. Rent-a-player in the true sense of the term.

ckg927
02-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Hmmm...interesting: The Sabres just tweeted that they'll get a first round pick from St. Louis this season if one of two things happens:

1. The Blues makes the Western Conference finals, OR....

2. Miller re-signs with the Blues.

This is in addition to the '15 1st round pick.

Meathead
02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
yep i heard murray just say that in the intermission video they played

- - - Updated - - -

Ott says he wants to be in Buffalo. The team likes him, the fans like him, he's cheap by NHL standards and the Sabres have a bazillion dollars in cap room.

It's not common, but this one feels rigged. Rent-a-player in the true sense of the term.

well we said the same thing about gaustad. still i hope it happens

OpIv37
02-28-2014, 07:58 PM
I always liked Goose, especially after I was at the game where he took out Ovechkin after the cheap shot on Briere.

But Goose sealed his own fate when he didn't put a hole in Lucic's head after the Miller incident.

Meathead
02-28-2014, 08:09 PM
honestly i think this is a great trade

sabres deal their starting goalie and third-line captain for another starting goalie and a third line fwd who has grit and better career scoring numbers PLUS a first rounder and a conditional that could easily be another first rounder

seems like terrific value - especially if ott really does return

doug45
02-28-2014, 10:23 PM
honestly i think this is a great trade

sabres deal their starting goalie and third-line captain for another starting goalie and a third line fwd who has grit and better career scoring numbers PLUS a first rounder and a conditional that could easily be another first rounder

seems like terrific value - especially if ott really does return

Blues have been trying to trade this 3rd line fwd for 2 years and no takers. And Halak is a half the time starting player. And draft picks like stated on ESPN are like lotto tickets in this sport, you do not win most of the time.

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Ott said the other day if he is a free agent the Sabres is one of his top places to play. His family loves it here. It doesn't happen often but I remember St. Louis did it a couple years ago. Cannot remember the player though. They traded him at the deadline, I believe to Atlanta and then resigned the player.

weight and tkatchuk.

- - - Updated - - -

chris stewart is a GOOD player having a bad year. im comfortable keeping him.

MikeInRoch
02-28-2014, 10:44 PM

You'd rather he leave for nothing at the end of the season then?

Downinfloflo
02-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm glad to see the Stewart for Callahan thing won't happen...

tampabay25690
02-28-2014, 11:06 PM
It has been a fun nite but a bit sad!!
Don't think it's over, they will be very busy come the draft..... Damn

snow1989
02-28-2014, 11:56 PM

Totally agree....Miller was not going to resign, and now the Blues can try and resign him, but that could also be doubtful if he really wants to be out west. Better to get something, rather than nothing.

swiper
03-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Totally agree....Miller was not going to resign, and now the Blues can try and resign him, but that could also be doubtful if he really wants to be out west. Better to get something, rather than nothing.

You don't know any of that is true.

doug45
03-01-2014, 12:08 PM

No you pay him what he is worth. If another team is willing why not keep him here. And we got nothing for him anyway. Draft picks in this sport are not like Football. As a rule they do not pan out. They have been working at getting rid of Stewart for Two years with no takers and Halak is a second stringer at best he has just looked good because of the best D of the Blues!

MikeInRoch
03-01-2014, 02:00 PM
You make it sound as if Buffalo could have done something to make him stay. They might not have had that option.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know any of that is true.

And you don't know that it's not.

JATMtheJATM
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM
No you pay him what he is worth. If another team is willing why not keep him here. And we got nothing for him anyway. Draft picks in this sport are not like Football. As a rule they do not pan out. They have been working at getting rid of Stewart for Two years with no takers and Halak is a second stringer at best he has just looked good because of the best D of the Blues!

thats some rule.

some picks pan out. some dont. theres a reason why draft picks are a valued currency in the NHL trade market. gives you a chance to get your guys and build how you want. if they miss, they miss. but until the do, its stupid to assume they will. very stupid.

Skooby
03-02-2014, 03:20 AM

Why do they even bother drafting people I guess is the next question?

swiper
03-02-2014, 05:13 AM
-
And you don't know that it's not.

I didn't make the claim like I had some insider information. Try to follow along there Mikey.

Dude
03-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Why do they even bother drafting people I guess is the next question?1) to stock the minor league teams
2) to develop talent for future use either in the pros or as trade bait

MikeInRoch
03-02-2014, 10:43 AM
I didn't make the claim like I had some insider information. Try to follow along there Mikey.

I didn't either. Are you reading too much into things?

Skooby
03-02-2014, 07:41 PM
1) to stock the minor league teams
2) to develop talent for future use either in the pros or as trade bait

Come on man.

Downinfloflo
03-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Miller won his first game as a Blue, Only faced 25 shots all game, I think I saw him eating french fries wile he was waiting for a shot to come his way.

doug45
03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Why do they even bother drafting people I guess is the next question?

You draft and Hope for the best, but as a rule they do not pan out. I am saying if you are going to trade away the heart of the team you need to get some stars in return, not just draft picks.