PDA

View Full Version : Bills Trade Their 2014 1st Round Pick, Again?

BillsImpossible
02-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Will draft day trade lightning strike twice at One Bills Drive?

Will the Bills trade their 9th overall pick and move down in the 2014 NFL Draft?

Doug Whaley recently said another trade down isn't likely, but I wouldn't put too much stock in his comments.

The Bills landed Kiko Alonso last year thanks to a draft day trade. They made the trade because they knew EJ Manuel would still be on the board at 16.

This is just a hunch, but let's say the Bills are locked in on Eric Ebron because they know Watkins isn't going to be on the board at 9.

If you look at this year's draft order along with each team's top 3 biggest needs, the Bills could find another willing trading partner, move down to as low as the 20th overall pick and more than likely would still be able to land Ebron, and an extra 2nd rounder at least.

None of the team's drafting 10-20 need a Tight End.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

If one of those highly coveted offensive lineman fall to the Bills at 9 and some other team desperately wants them, the Bills could get a 2nd rounder and more depending on the bidding contest.

I have a feeling that the phones in the Bills war room are going to get lit up from at least 3 teams looking to move up.

If the Rams once again give Doug Whaley a ring offering their 2nd round pick to move up to the Bills 9th spot, what will Whaley do?

What if the Lions, Titans, or Giants sweeten the pot and offer an even better deal?

If Sammy Watkins is off the board when the Bills are on the clock at 9, and multiple teams are offering 2nd round picks or more....

What would you do?

I would make the trade, draft Ebron in the middle first round and use my two 2nd picks on a wide receiver and right tackle/guard.

GvilleBills
02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
I'd be cool with picking up a 2nd or better if Watkins and Mack are gone.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Mack HAS to be the pick if he's there at 9.

BillsImpossible
02-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Mack HAS to be the pick if he's there at 9.

If Mack is on the board at 9 and a team offers you to swap first round picks, and gives you a 2nd and 3rd rounder in a trade, would you still be in love with Mack?

People are forgetting how deep this draft is.

Downinfloflo
03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Jets may take Ebron.

YardRat
03-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Depends on what happens in FA, and who is on the board after the #8 pick. I sure as hell hope they aren't 'targeting' a TE in the first, they are in no position to have that luxury.

Famous Amos
03-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Depends on what happens in FA, and who is on the board after the #8 pick. I sure as hell hope they aren't 'targeting' a TE in the first, they are in no position to have that luxury.
Despite Chandler catching the most balls last year, I still think they under utilize the tight end position so I don't think they would have that much value put on a tight end like Ebron who may be a little raw and less polished compared to Sammy Watkins. If they want a pass catcher at #9, go with a sure bet like Sammy Watkins, if available. If not, either go linebacker or o line with the ninth pick. If they are still set on picking a pass catcher and would like to trade down, maybe they could land Mike Evans in the 12-15 range.

Don't Panic
03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
People are forgetting how deep this draft is.

...and how deep it is at our positions of need. I'm all about as many top 100 picks as possible.

Buddo
03-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Tbh, I would say it's unlikely, due to the fact that I believe Whaley sees a high likelihood of a player he wants, being available, as there are plenty of QB hungry teams ahead of us.
Now, I don't pretend to know who they might be, but I believe Whaley thinks there is going to be someone available, who he will be really happy to take.

YardRat
03-01-2014, 12:18 PM
I think 3 QB's go before 9. That leaves 3 OT's, Watkins, Mack, & Clowney...Barr & Ebron. Clowney is going top 5. I would guess 2 OT's go in the first eight picks. That would leave an OT, Watkins and Mack for picks 7, 8 and 9.

Worst case scenario for me would be the third OT and Watkins going at 7 and 8, leaving Mack, Barr & Ebron. I know many like Mack, and to a lesser extent the other two, but if the picks fall that way I'd be all-in for trying to trade down with somebody looking for Mack. If one of the three OT's drop to us, or Watkins...pull the trigger.

Raptor
03-01-2014, 01:13 PM
With how deep this draft is it will be much harder to trade down...teams are not going to want to part with picks in this draft