PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Bills might "make a run" at Michael Vick

GingerP
03-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter would not be surprised if the Bills "made a run" at free agent Michael Vick.
This jibes with recent whispers that the Bills aren't sold on last year's first-round pick, E.J. Manuel. Schefter says the Bills have "always liked Vick" and "debated pursuing him in the past," adding that the 34-year-old could be ideal camp competition for Manuel and Thad Lewis. It sounds far-fetched, but the Bills are closer to being playoff contenders than most believe. They had the league's No. 10 defense and won six games in spite of Manuel's 42.2 QBR in 10 starts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick

Mr. Miyagi
03-03-2014, 11:51 AM
"might" and "would not be surprised" and "could" translate to total speculation.

I might make a run at Jennifer Lawrence and would not be surprised if she fell in love with me and we could then get married and have seven children together.

How probable is that?

Skooby
03-03-2014, 11:53 AM
If you guys don't think we need a NFL caliber QB, you're nuts.

Historian
03-03-2014, 11:54 AM
12 seasons too late...

imbondz
03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
absolutely no thanks on multiple levels and reasons

YardRat
03-03-2014, 12:06 PM
"might" and "would not be surprised" and "could" translate to total speculation.

I might make a run at Jennifer Lawrence and would not be surprised if she fell in love with me and we could then get married and have seven children together.

How probable is that?

Not at all, considering she'd probably kill you going for third or fourth one. You'd go smiling, though.

MikeInRoch
03-03-2014, 12:08 PM
If you guys don't think we need a NFL caliber QB, you're nuts.

He didn't say we were going after an NFL caliber QB. He said we are going after a 33 year old Michael Vick.

Skooby
03-03-2014, 12:11 PM
He didn't say we were going after an NFL caliber QB. He said we are going after a 33 year old Michael Vick.

Oh, my bad.

WagonCircler
03-03-2014, 12:12 PM
There's very little that could make me stop being a Bills fan. But this would.

jdaltroy5
03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
42.2 QBR?

jimmifli
03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
He'd be the best QB on the roster by a good margin. But I couldn't cheer for him.

mightysimi
03-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I hope this is just a screen to drive the price up on the Jets who had been rumored earlier.

swiper
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I almost puked when I read the thread title.

Meathead
03-03-2014, 12:27 PM
this says ejs QBR was 42.3 but the bills still had the highest rated qb in the league (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/qualified/false)

Meathead
03-03-2014, 12:28 PM
regarding vick, why not. the bills must think they are playoff contenders now, vick would push ej and provide great insurance for when he hurts his knee ten minutes into game 1

stuckincincy
03-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Woof.

If they purchased that cold-hearted fellow, that's the end of any kind words for them from me.

What kind of man does such to animals, even those specifically bred through centuries to wreak savage violence?

Downinfloflo
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Vick would have been better off killing a bunch people, He would have been forgiven for that.

Fight some dogs, Oh......Look out!!

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Definitely should bring him on. I said this in the Backup QB thread. Perfect mentor for EJ and can keep the team afloat when KneeJ rears his ugly joint.

The King
03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Make a run at? If we make him an offer he signs.

WagonCircler
03-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Definitely should bring him on. I said this in the Backup QB thread. Perfect mentor for EJ and can keep the team afloat when KneeJ rears his ugly joint.

Michael Vick, a mentor?

Good God.

That's like having Woody Allen as a Den Mother.

Buddo
03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Vick is just an ******* full stop. It isn't just the dog thing, how about the 'Ron Mexico' crap?

On a purely football level, I wouldn't want him either. He's one decent hit away from being in the same boat as Kolb - and we know how that worked out. While he may have been exciting to watch at points in his career, he's never actually been a very good QB.

If we do want to get a vet QB, how about finding one of the perennial backups who actually has a clue as to how the position should be played - even if they can't do it themselves. A guy like Gradkowski, as an example. (Note, I don't know about the availability of him, or others of that ilk, but there has to be one somewhere).

ParanoidAndroid
03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
42.2 QBR?

It was actually 77.7

The Jokeman
03-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Let the Jets sign an overpay for Vick. I don't want him here, if I am pursing any UFA QB as a Bills fan this offseason it be Shaun Hill.

Ronald Mexico
03-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Sup Buffalos!

better days
03-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Vick would have been better off killing a bunch people, He would have been forgiven for that.

I think more people were offended by the training than the fighting.

His dogs maimed & killed other defenseless dogs as part of their training.

MANY dead carcasses were found on his property.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
It was actually 77.7

QBR (all caps) is short for "Total Quarterback Rating", the ESPN created stat, it's not the same as the traditional QB rating created by the NFL. EJ Manuel did indeed have a 42 (out of 100) on the ESPN QB Rating stat, putting him 28th of 37 out of the qualifying QBs. It was slightly more favorable than the 77.7 passer rating (out of 158.3), which ranked him 29th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Quarterback_Rating
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/passing.htm

feldspar
03-03-2014, 02:00 PM

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/740524/michael-vick-and-dogfighting_medium.jpg

He tortured, killed, disfigured, and maimed countless animals for years as part of his lifestyle...he was responsible for probably brutalizing hundreds of dogs, who have no less capacity to feel pain than people do. Dunno the number, but there were like 50-70 dogs alive when they busted him.

And he deliberately did it strictly for entertainment. He got off on it. Took a particular glee in it. He's done other scumbag **** as well.

Vick and a friend swung a failed fighting dog over their heads like a jump rope and killed it by repeatedly slamming it into the ground.That's ONE of the things he did over a period of YEARS. The "winner" might be the dog in the picture above.

Forgiveness is one thing...he doesn't need my forgiveness. I don't care about anything that happened in the court of law, either. I'm just not going to actually stand up and cheer for a guy that did this. We're talking about being a fan.

Oh, and he's not that great of a football player, either.

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 02:05 PM
The guy did his time. At some point it's time to get over it.

He's come back from the lowest of the lows. That's what you want in a mentor. Somebody who has taken the wrong road, admitted to it, served his time and bounced back better than before. EJ could learn a lot from Vick and Vick would be great injury insurance. If Vick gets hurt then Thad can come in. Vick would make this team better and that's what it's all about.

coastal
03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Maybe in four years we can sign Jason peters

better days
03-03-2014, 02:32 PM

He's come back from the lowest of the lows. That's what you want in a mentor. Somebody who has taken the wrong road, admitted to it, served his time and bounced back better than before. EJ could learn a lot from Vick and Vick would be great injury insurance. If Vick gets hurt then Thad can come in. Vick would make this team better and that's what it's all about.

He only admitted it because he was CAUGHT RED HANDED.

And he has not bounced back better than before. He couldn't beat out Foles last year.

jimmifli
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Sure. But there's a difference between getting over it and cheering for the man.

I can do the former, not the latter.

imbondz
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/740524/michael-vick-and-dogfighting_medium.jpg

He tortured, killed, disfigured, and maimed countless animals for years as part of his lifestyle...he was responsible for probably brutalizing hundreds of dogs, who have no less capacity to feel pain than people do. Dunno the number, but there were like 50-70 dogs alive when they busted him.

And he deliberately did it strictly for entertainment. He got off on it. Took a particular glee in it. He's done other scumbag **** as well.

Vick and a friend swung a failed fighting dog over their heads like a jump rope and killed it by repeatedly slamming it into the ground.That's ONE of the things he did over a period of YEARS. The "winner" might be the dog in the picture above.

Forgiveness is one thing...he doesn't need my forgiveness. I don't care about anything that happened in the court of law, either. I'm just not going to actually stand up and cheer for a guy that did this. We're talking about being a fan.

Oh, and he's not that great of a football player, either.

Only in pro sports can you do what he did and get your job back. Just seeing that picture made me angry. I sure hope he's changed, but that doesn't mean I want him as a Buffalo Bill

djjimkelly
03-03-2014, 02:40 PM
maybe i can sign my parents chihuahua up for vicks dog fighting league

better days
03-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Sure. But there's a difference between getting over it and cheering for the man.

I can do the former, not the latter.

I will not get over it EVER.

I think Vick in a pen with 8 or 10 HUNGRY Pit Bulls would be fitting punishment for him.

The King
03-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Someone who spent millions of dollars hiring a team of people to rebuild his reputation and prep him for how to handling questioning is not someone who's a mentor. It's a business decision he made.

X-Era
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Not likely to be true IMO. It's a load of speculation that really doesn't make much sense. The Bills seem to have a lot of faith in EJ according to everything they have said all along.

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 02:58 PM
He only admitted it because he was CAUGHT RED HANDED.

And he has not bounced back better than before. He couldn't beat out Foles last year.
Umm he had great seasons for the Eagles when he got out of prison. Last year is whatever. Foles is the future. We are talking about Vick as a backup in Buffalo.

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Someone who spent millions of dollars hiring a team of people to rebuild his reputation and prep him for how to handling questioning is not someone who's a mentor. It's a business decision he made.What team of people did he hire? The guy has no money. The Eagles contract just got him out of his debts, that's pretty much it.

There was no team of people serving jail time for him. He was alone in the slammer. Just because what he did was heinous, doesn't mean that every attempt for reconcilliation should be dismissed.

better days
03-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Umm he had great seasons for the Eagles when he got out of prison. Last year is whatever. Foles is the future. We are talking about Vick as a backup in Buffalo.

I am NOT talking about Vick in Buffalo EVER.

I don't want SCUM BAGS like him on my team!

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Umm he had great seasons for the Eagles when he got out of prison.

That was four seasons ago, when he was "only" 30. Now he's 34.

If we're going that route, Matt Schaub had a better season in 2012 than Vick did in 2010, and he'll be younger and healthier.

WagonCircler
03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Umm he had great seasons for the Eagles

So did Ron Jaworski, but I don't want to sign him either.

Not only is Vick a well chronicled scumbag, he's a terrible Quarterback who actually may be even less accurate the EJ, AND more fragile.

DynaPaul
03-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I think Schefter is losing all credibility here.

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 03:37 PM
So did Ron Jaworski, but I don't want to sign him either.

Not only is Vick a well chronicled scumbag, he's a terrible Quarterback who actually may be even less accurate the EJ, AND more fragile.He's not a terrible quarterback and we need a backup. He's perfect. It's harder for some people to separate football from morals I guess. It's not a church camp. It's a game.

better days
03-03-2014, 03:41 PM
He's not a terrible quarterback and we need a backup. He's perfect. It's harder for some people to separate football from morals I guess. It's not a church camp. It's a game.

Yes it is a game. But that is the entire point.

I don't want to be forced to root for a SCUM BAG playing a game for my team.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
He's not a terrible quarterback and we need a backup. He's perfect. It's harder for some people to separate football from morals I guess. It's not a church camp. It's a game.

In what way is he not a terrible QB? He's one of the most sacked, most turnover prone, most inaccurate QBs in the league. I do find it hilarious that you're cracking on Kaepernick in one thread and hyping Vick here.

WagonCircler
03-03-2014, 04:17 PM

Yes, he IS a terrible Quarterback. And would be an even worse backup. It takes a special kind of personality to be a good backup QB, and Michael Vick is SEVERELY lacking in the personality department. Self discipline, an ego that's held in check, diligence, brains. None of these are strong suits of that piece of human filth.

His only success in this league came as a result of him being freakishly athletic as a young player. He no longer possesses that advantage over defenders, and when it comes to throwing the ball, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

He has ZERO upside AND he's a low life.

I'd root for the Al Qaeda football before I'd root for Michael Vick.

- - - Updated - - -

I do find it hilarious that you're cracking on Kaepernick in one thread and hyping Vick here.

^^^^TOTALLY^^^^^

feldspar
03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Vick fooled a lot of people in 2010 into thinking that he may have become a pocket passer. He had a good year, and then landed a sizable contract as a result. Our good friend Kevin Kolb was actually named the starter that year, but he got a concussion a few weeks in...go figure. But Vick hasn't had great yearS in Philly, plural...just the one. The guy isn't a very good QB, and he really wants to be a starter somewhere.

There is that, but I don't care if you are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees...if you did the things Vick did, you have no place in my heart...not in a positive sense anyway. He's nobody to me, and I want to keep it that way.

The people that want me to "get over it" can suck my thingee. If you think I dislike the guy now, wait'll you see what happens if he would ever start for the Bills.

sudzy
03-03-2014, 04:29 PM
There was a thread started a couple day ago, "What is Brandon going to do to sell season tickets?" Well here you go. I foresee this working out like TO did.

feldspar
03-03-2014, 04:41 PM
There was a thread started a couple day ago, "What is Brandon going to do to sell season tickets?" Well here you go. I foresee this working out like TO did.

Oh, I heavily doubt that. This is one gimmick that would severely backfire...haven't you heard what some of the people have been saying in this thread? I may seriously tune out if Vick even becomes a Bill, and others would as well. And that says A LOT if you knew me at all. That would be crossing a certain line with me.

The Bills are not in a position to be doing something like signing Vick. No way. They would be even stupider than a lot of people think they are if they want to test the loyalty of the fan-base like that...and the loyalty of the fan-base is what they've been riding on for 14 years of losing football. Yeah, after all that, pin your hopes on a guy many people despise...who is a borderline player to boot.

The incredible part is that some baseless individuals start to question YOUR character when you won't "forgive" a guy enough to stand up and cheer for him in a game because he's taken glee in torturing and killing countless dogs.

Night Train
03-03-2014, 05:05 PM

it wouldn't surprise me.. but he's breaking down at 34 and turnovers are frequent. Still has baggage.
Kolb couldn't even make it out of camp. Rinse/repeat ? Healthier alternative at QB.

Buffalogic
03-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Vick can pass. Anyone who says he can't is just dumb and a biased hater. Kaepernick can't. Pretty simple. Vick was 30 when he had the best year of his career so the 'only time when he was good was when he was young' is hogwash.

Also I'm advocating Vick to be a backup. Just like I am with Kaepernick. Get it?

better days
03-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Vick can pass. Anyone who says he can't is just dumb and a biased hater. Kaepernick can't. Pretty simple. Vick was 30 when he had the best year of his career so the 'only time when he was good was when he was young' is hogwash.

Also I'm advocating Vick to be a backup. Just like I am with Kaepernick. Get it?

Vick can not pass with any kind of consistency & he never could.

Just look at the numbers he has put up over his career............ MEDIOCRE.

Meathead
03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
i was against vick on this team for a long time, but now his dog sins are ancient history. i doubt hes grown much past the minimum anyone would after going thru what he did, but thats his business. and i certainly dont want him as a mentor for ej, hes got plenty of ppl he can learn from now with both the pimple faced QB coach and hostler to guide him

insurance. thats all i want ron mexico for. to be able to give us a chance to win a few games in the likely event kneej cant play. dont fight any more dogs. dont get caught with a blunt and/or a gun. dont rape any white women. just win a few games if you have to play

Skooby
03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
i was against vick on this team for a long time, but now his dog sins are ancient history. i doubt hes grown much past the minimum anyone would after going thru what he did, but thats his business. and i certainly dont want him as a mentor for ej, hes got plenty of ppl he can learn from now with both the pimple faced QB coach and hostler to guide him

insurance. thats all i want ron mexico for. to be able to give us a chance to win a few games in the likely event kneej cant play. dont fight any more dogs. dont get caught with a blunt and/or a gun. dont rape any white women. just win a few games if you have to play

Who was the last starting black QB for the Bills besides EJ ?

Meathead
03-03-2014, 06:39 PM
well both ej and thaddiator are black but they are obviously very good character guys. vick would be the first punk ass nigga i can recall. unless you count billy joe hobert of course

The Jokeman
03-03-2014, 06:39 PM
IF we didn't have EJ Manuel then I'd be all for going after Vick. Yet with Manuel in the fold the worst thing management can do is bring in a guy like Vick. If management wants to bring excitement back with the news of Byrd being let go is sign a marquee free agent like Eric Decker and/or Brandon Spikes. I could see us overpaying for Decker as it divert the attention away from losing Byrd with the mantra that we needed to land a guy who EJ could rely on etc. Personally feel it's a mistake. I get we we couldn't work something out for Byrd but we better find a free agent that can start in his place. The talk of Aaron Williams replacing him is funny being Williams played SS when Byrd was starting. I'd accept Louis Delmas as he be more cost affective and the idea he knows Schwartz's D etc. but honestly I am a bitter Bills fan right now after having some big time hope popped by today's events. In terms of backup QBs I brought up Shaun Hill before because he's played under our current QB coach in Detroit and our current Offensive Assistant/I don't know his title guru Hoffler in San Francisco and think he's a good backup QB and better than Thad even though I thought Thad was respectable last year.

YardRat
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Schefter has credibility?

The Jokeman
03-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Schefter has credibility?

IMO Schefter's sources seem more reliable than say Mort or Clayton.

gr8slayer
03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Eh... I'd rather bring in McCown.

JoeMama
03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Eh... I'd rather bring in McCown.

McCown http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/deal_zpsca0a1ba2.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/deal_zpsca0a1ba2.gif.html)

Man, talk about a guy reinventing himself after a brief sojourn from the NFL as a high school gym teacher/assistant football coach.

I don't know if it's as compelling a story as Kurt Warner bagging groceries prior to returning to the NFL. But it's not far off.

I don't know what magic Marc Trestman worked on that kid, but it worked.

I'd love to have him in Buffalo. Some guys take longer to click, and he sure as hell did. With EJ's never-ending litany of knee injuries, McCown would be a perfect guy to have in the mix.

JoeMama
03-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Hell, even Todd Collins had a really nice run for the Redskins about 15 years into his career. It was easy to forget he was in the league all those years since he was buried on the depth chart with a clipboard for the full entirety before fate stood in the way.

better days
03-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Who was the last starting black QB for the Bills besides EJ ?

James Harris in 1969.

Jeff1220
03-03-2014, 09:14 PM
For football reasons, no way!
I'm not a fan, but I do believe that the hearts of people can change and that they can redeem themselves though.

better days
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
For football reasons, no way!
I'm not a fan, but I do believe that the hearts of people can change and that they can redeem themselves though.

Well, when Michael Vick donates his entire salary for one year (while still employed in the NFL) to a dog rescue, then maybe you could say his heart has changed.

Jeff1220
03-03-2014, 09:24 PM
An external gesture of money says nothing about the heart. It could be as artificial as any other novel PR stunt. And I didn't say that his heart has changed. I said that I believed that it could have. The only ones who know for sure are him and God.

better days
03-04-2014, 12:39 AM
An external gesture of money says nothing about the heart. It could be as artificial as any other novel PR stunt. And I didn't say that his heart has changed. I said that I believed that it could have. The only ones who know for sure are him and God.

Words are meaningless & ring hollow.

Actions speak to what is in the heart.

And yes it could be a PR stunt, but at least he would have helped a lot of dogs.

That is why I said MAYBE you could say his heart has changed.

BuffaloRedleg
03-04-2014, 01:50 AM
I believe that he has paid his dues to society for his crimes and quite possibly his heart has changed.

That still doesn't make him a good option at QB. Absolutely in no way does he have any chance of winning a Superbowl.

No thanks.

Schefter is pretty careful with his words, he's not a hack blog writer. He didn't cite any sources, he just said he wouldn't be surprised. Who knows what the context of the question that preceded that answer was.

gr8slayer
03-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Well, let's be honest, it helps when you have Forte running, Bennett, Jeffery, and Marshall catching. But yeah, he did a hell of a job, and would be good for E.J. to have around.
McCown http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/deal_zpsca0a1ba2.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/deal_zpsca0a1ba2.gif.html)

Man, talk about a guy reinventing himself after a brief sojourn from the NFL as a high school gym teacher/assistant football coach.

I don't know if it's as compelling a story as Kurt Warner bagging groceries prior to returning to the NFL. But it's not far off.

I don't know what magic Marc Trestman worked on that kid, but it worked.

I'd love to have him in Buffalo. Some guys take longer to click, and he sure as hell did. With EJ's never-ending litany of knee injuries, McCown would be a perfect guy to have in the mix.

Historian
03-04-2014, 08:28 AM
James Harris in 1969.

Wrong...thank you for playing!

Willie Totten, scab game, 1987!

alohabillsfan
03-04-2014, 08:51 AM

WRONG! Thanks for playing---Thad Lewis for the win!

better days
03-04-2014, 08:52 AM

Nice try.

Scab games don't count.

Jeff1220
03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Straight from the Human Society themselves: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/dogfighting/qa/vick_faq.html

I still wouldn't want him as a QB, but even the Humane Society is saying he's changed and is actively working to keep dogfighting from happening. Heck, he probably does more to work and speaking out against dogfighting now than most of the people who still hate him for the horrible role he had in dogfighting a decade ago.

jimmifli
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Schefter is pretty careful with his words, he's not a hack blog writer.
I agree. The real source is probably a favour for Vick's agent. Scratching backs...

Mace
03-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Schefter is always the one saying the Bills like Vick, through past coaching staffs and offensive philosophies.

I don't think anyone else has ever said it, it never happens, and then he cycles it up again.

Normally I find Schefter a good read and interesting, but he seems to keep defaulting to Bills/Vick despite no one else ever thinking so. In 20 years if I'm still alive I expect to read the Bills have always had good feelings about Vick but never had the chance to pull the trigger in needing a Gatorade guy.

jimmifli
03-04-2014, 11:08 PM
oops

WagonCircler
03-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Eagles wise up, done with Vick. Bills not mentioned as being interested. From Sports Illustrated:

Report: Eagles to move on from Michael Vick

The Philadelphia Eagles will part ways with Michael Vick after deciding to go in another direction with the backup quarterback position, reports CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora....

According to the report, the New York Jets and Oakland Raiders are among the teams possibly interesting in Vick.

http://tracking.si.com/2014/03/05/eagles-to-move-on-from-michael-vick/?xid=aol_home&ncid

pmoon6
03-06-2014, 06:30 AM
After the last few years, he should change his name to Michael Pick. He threw almost as many interception as TDs.

feldspar
03-06-2014, 07:22 AM
After the last few years, he should change his name to Michael Pick.

You're almost there. Add a strategic "R" somewhere, and then you'll have it.

sukie
03-06-2014, 08:04 AM
I love this... "I'll stop rooting for them if they sign Vick." "I'll stop being a fan"

Watch Vick come in and post up 7-2 then get hurt handing it over to Ej for the playoff push... I'll await the screams if and when that happens

WagonCircler
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I love this... "I'll stop rooting for them if they sign Vick." "I'll stop being a fan"

Watch Vick come in and post up 7-2 then get hurt handing it over to Ej for the playoff push... I'll await the screams if and when that happens

I don't give a good God damn if he goes undefeated somewhere, I refuse to root for scumbags.

pmoon6
03-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Watch Vick come in and post up 7-2 then get hurt handing it over to Ej for the playoff push... I'll await the screams if and when that happensWe won't sign Michael Vick.

justasportsfan
03-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Does this mean we're changing the SHOUT song to Who let the Dogs out?

sukie
03-06-2014, 10:40 AM
We won't sign Michael Vick.

Of course we won't. It was the ease in which people type all turncoat at the drop of a hat. Fandom is clipped to DNA.

Skooby
03-06-2014, 11:15 AM
If Vick came to Buffalo, all of you would buy Vick jerseys.

sukie
03-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Awright... Crank it back just a notch there, chief.

Bill Cody
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
He'd be the best QB on the roster by a good margin. But I couldn't cheer for him.

no he wouldn't

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I buy Charmin

stuckincincy
03-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I will not get over it EVER.

I think Vick in a pen with 8 or 10 HUNGRY Pit Bulls would be fitting punishment for him.

Toss in a few Rottweilers, too.

better days
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Toss in a few Rottweilers, too.

I LOVE Rottweilers. Iv'e owned a few of them.

And our neighbor across the street owned a Pit Bull that was a sweet dog.

stuckincincy
03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I LOVE Rottweilers. Iv'e owned a few of them.

And our neighbor across the street owned a Pit Bull that was a sweet dog. They are a dangerous dog - initially a work dog, but were bred for violence.

You can love them, but please keep them in your own yard with 8 fencing and a fenced top. If you have one and walk it out in the general public, have a stout collar and a stout 4 foot lease, not one of those cable things.

Dangerous animals can do catastrophic harm. If you keep them, do the right thing.

sukie
03-06-2014, 03:09 PM
The American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/socialization.htm) with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdogrules.htm), they will not even be aggressive with them. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet that is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppyhood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, because most people do not understand how to properly raise and treat a dog (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm). Problems arise when one does not understand natural dog behavior (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/linksbehavior.htm), seeing the dog as having human emotions (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm), and ends up with a dog who thinks he is the boss of the house. For a smaller, not as powerful dog, people can sometimes get away with this, however, for a powerful breed, one really needs to understand and follow this concept of keeping a dog. An excellent guide to learning how to properly treat a dog is the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan (recommended to all dog owners regardless of the breed they own). Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Used as all-around working farm dogs, they were referred to as "the poor man’s horse." Later they were used as fighting dogs; the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/training.htm), along with the proper amount of exercise (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/dogwalk.htm) and a firm pack leader, will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/socialization.htm) very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. Teach this dog respect for humans by not allowing it to jump up (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/jumpingdogs.htm) and not allowing it to enter doorways first. The humans must make the dog heel beside or behind them when walking (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/dogwalk.htm). It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. The objective in training this dog is to achieve pack leader status (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdogrules.htm). It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in its pack (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdog.htm). When we humans live with dogs (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm), we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader; lines are clearly defined and rules are set. You and all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog. That is the only way your relationship can be a success. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

Meathead
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Straight from the Human Society themselves:

well if he was making people fight thats completely different

Meathead
03-06-2014, 03:30 PM
i saw with my own eyes a pitbull viciously attack and injure my gf who had lived next door to the dog since it was a puppy. i will never trust them again for the rest of my life

stuckincincy
03-06-2014, 03:50 PM
The American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/socialization.htm) with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdogrules.htm), they will not even be aggressive with them. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet that is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppyhood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, because most people do not understand how to properly raise and treat a dog (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm). Problems arise when one does not understand natural dog behavior (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/linksbehavior.htm), seeing the dog as having human emotions (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm), and ends up with a dog who thinks he is the boss of the house. For a smaller, not as powerful dog, people can sometimes get away with this, however, for a powerful breed, one really needs to understand and follow this concept of keeping a dog. An excellent guide to learning how to properly treat a dog is the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan (recommended to all dog owners regardless of the breed they own). Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. Used as all-around working farm dogs, they were referred to as "the poor man’s horse." Later they were used as fighting dogs; the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/training.htm), along with the proper amount of exercise (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/dogwalk.htm) and a firm pack leader, will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/socialization.htm) very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. Teach this dog respect for humans by not allowing it to jump up (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/jumpingdogs.htm) and not allowing it to enter doorways first. The humans must make the dog heel beside or behind them when walking (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/dogwalk.htm). It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. The objective in training this dog is to achieve pack leader status (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdogrules.htm). It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in its pack (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/topdog.htm). When we humans live with dogs (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/articles/humandog.htm), we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader; lines are clearly defined and rules are set. You and all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog. That is the only way your relationship can be a success. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanpitbull.htm

How many owners properly train and socialize? Or even have the brains to do so? For the one that does, there are hundreds and thousands that don't, and moreover buy dangerous dogs as a means of having a violent weapon..."Hey, I'm the tough guy, I got a (insert breed), I'll F with you", ad naseum.

Current society is so much more violent these days. The media is chock full of terrible tragedies caused by breeds mostly unknown in years past.

Look to Europe - they banned or have very strict controls for certain breeds. A collie or a beagle or a general mutt seldom kill humans. Other breeds do .Terrible maiming. Sadly, but fortunately, the mayhem is visited upon the owners, often their children. No lack of incidents year after year in my town.

If you want to keep a creature that has been bred for combat, fine. I've heard about the "I have one for the love of the bred" nonsense and shake my head.

Just be sure to cage it so it won't ever get out, and when you walk it, get that stout leash and don't let an 85 lb. daughter do the walking.

And I tell you - if a person's dog savaged me or mine as we freely walk, I will visit or have visited same on the owner and its' family. Just so we know each other. It will be an eye for an eye.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Who cares. Sign him if he helps the team

Blondie
03-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Can't believe they are even entertaining this idea... pathetic.

better days
03-06-2014, 05:26 PM
How many owners properly train and socialize? Or even have the brains to do so? For the one that does, there are hundreds and thousands that don't, and moreover buy dangerous dogs as a means of having a violent weapon..."Hey, I'm the tough guy, I got a (insert breed), I'll F with you", ad naseum.

Current society is so much more violent these days. The media is chock full of terrible tragedies caused by breeds mostly unknown in years past.

Look to Europe - they banned or have very strict controls for certain breeds. A collie or a beagle or a general mutt seldom kill humans. Other breeds do .Terrible maiming. Sadly, but fortunately, the mayhem is visited upon the owners, often their children. No lack of incidents year after year in my town.

If you want to keep a creature that has been bred for combat, fine. I've heard about the "I have one for the love of the bred" nonsense and shake my head.

Just be sure to cage it so it won't ever get out, and when you walk it, get that stout leash and don't let an 85 lb. daughter do the walking.

And I tell you - if a person's dog savaged me or mine as we freely walk, I will visit or have visited same on the owner and its' family. Just so we know each other. It will be an eye for an eye.

The first Rottweiler I encountered first hand was at my Mother In-laws. The dog sniffed me when I came in the house but was not aggressive at all.

At night I had to go to the bathroom which was next to my Mother In-laws room. Well, I came out of the bedroom & went right back in because that dog was on guard in the hallway. I was not going to the bathroom that night.

As the years went by, that dog got to know me & love me as I did her. I fed her a HUGE Porterhouse steak just before I had to put her down.

One of the saddest days of my life.

I would recommend a Rottweiler to anyone who has to leave their loved ones alone from time to time. That breed will not let any harm come to the people they love.

I do know Pit Bulls have been known to hurt humans that own them, but I don't think there is any evidence of that with Rottweilers.

If they know you, they are a LOVING Dog.

My neighbors Pit Bull would get out of their fenced yard all the time to come over to play with me & my dog.

It would want to jump on me to lick my face, it was like a big baby.

But when I got Cancer & I lost a LOT of weight, that dog would just about knock me over doing that because the dog was just so big & powerful.

My wife had to finally tell our neighbor to make sure their dog did not get out because she was concerned for my safety.

Not that the dog would hurt me on purpose, but just because of her strength & my weakness.

Bill Cody
03-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Who cares. I do.

Sign him if he helps the team
he doesn't and hell no even if he did.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I feel like most of this is false outrage.

Sure he is dirt for doing what he did but I can't say I am physically or mentally effected by it.

I don't even think about it.

swiper
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Of course we won't. It was the ease in which people type all turncoat at the drop of a hat. Fandom is clipped to DNA.

Fandom. Is that like a condom?

stuckincincy
03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Fandom. Is that like a condom?

We should get back to using the word "rubber." More to the point...