PDA

View Full Version : We all like Bryd and he is a great player, but...

DesertFox24
03-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Really even before it looked like Bryd was gone did he really win us a game, did he help our run defense?

Look I am not devaluing the guy, he is a great player and great total safety.

My point is this, does Bryd make our defense elite, does losing bryd make our defense terrible, does Bryd get us to the playoffs?

Bryd helps make the defense better no doubt about it, but they were not elite last year with him and to be honest the drop off without him was not that great. Our problems on defense were boundary corner when Gilmore was hurt and run defense.

Bryd does not get us to the playoffs no doubt about it.

The only way the Bills will get to the playoffs is if EJ becomes a good qb, or the bills get a good qb. That is it, look at the Pats, Green Bay, etc...

Teams with good QBs make the playoffs everything else is just icing but the QB is the cake or the Baby as Buddy would put it.

Lastly is 10 million a year for a safety what we all wanted, that is overpaying for a player that was not the difference between elite defense and not.

DynaPaul
03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
$10 million a year is a lot for a Safety not named Troy Polamalu, Jack Tatum, Ed Reed, or Ronnie Lott. While I wanted to keep the guy his demands were insane. The only team that's going to pay him that much is most likely another losing franchise where he won't get them over the hump. That's just reality.

jdaltroy5
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
:rofl:

Here we go.

And Jason Peters and Pat Williams were fat slobs, Clements and Windfield were overrated, LG isn't important, etc...

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2014, 03:24 PM

Here we go.

And Jason Peters and Pat Williams were fat slobs, Clements and Windfield were overrated, LG isn't important, etc...

I know. We could have written these posts months ago.

DynaPaul
03-03-2014, 03:29 PM

Here we go.

Well, I'm not saying the guy sucks or isn't valuable. It's just that his contract demands are slightly too high and it looks like he doesn't want to be here anyway. Is he a great player? Yes. Will he be great on another team? Yes. Will he be the magic elixir on another defense or live up to his paycheck? Probably not. That said he should still be a Bill but mark it down as another kick in the ass from his difficult agent Eugene Parker.

jimmifli
03-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Really even before it looked like Bryd was gone did he really win us a game,
Yes. Several.

But I don't feel bad because I heard his plantar fasciitis was actually injured while kicking puppies at Children's Hospital.

DesertFox24
03-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Here we go.

I was very upset about Peters and Pat Williams leaving those are important positions.

I also wanted Winfield to stay, Clements demands were a little for a guy who was not a shut down corner.

RedEyE
03-04-2014, 07:31 AM
This all comes down to Byrd and where he wants to be. I will not be surprised to see him sign elsewhere for less than what is on the table now from Buffalo.

The Jokeman
03-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Well, I'm not saying the guy sucks or isn't valuable. It's just that his contract demands are slightly too high and it looks like he doesn't want to be here anyway. Is he a great player? Yes. Will he be great on another team? Yes. Will he be the magic elixir on another defense or live up to his paycheck? Probably not. That said he should still be a Bill but mark it down as another kick in the ass from his difficult agent Eugene Parker.

The market determine's his salary not the player and being he's the best Safety on the market he will demand the highest salary for his position and likely get a 4 or 5 year deal. We can complain all we want that he doesn't deserve the money etc. or it's hard to justify paying him x amount of money. Well truth be told we're severely underpaying the QB, TE and LB positions and as a result we can afford to overpay the S position until Manuel's contract runs out. As it's called managing the cap.

JoeMama
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
I was very upset about Peters and Pat Williams leaving those are important positions.

I also wanted Winfield to stay, Clements demands were a little for a guy who was not a shut down corner.

Did you mean a little "too high?"

I think San Fran signed him to a contract that briefly made him the highest paid defender in the NFL after he left Buffalo.

jdaltroy5
03-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Well, I'm not saying the guy sucks or isn't valuable. It's just that his contract demands are slightly too high and it looks like he doesn't want to be here anyway. Is he a great player? Yes. Will he be great on another team? Yes. Will he be the magic elixir on another defense or live up to his paycheck? Probably not. That said he should still be a Bill but mark it down as another kick in the ass from his difficult agent Eugene Parker.This is what drives me nuts about some fans.

Who cares if his contract demands are slightly too high?

Yours would be too if you had to play across the country for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years.

An extra million or two is nothing considering we will most likely have over $30 million in cap space after roster cuts.

JoeMama
03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
This is what drives me nuts about some fans.

Who cares if his contract demands are slightly too high?

Yours would be too if you had to play across the country for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years.

An extra million or two is nothing considering we will most likely have over $30 million in cap space after roster cuts.

Exactly, it's called a compensating wage differential.

It's when an organization offers marginally higher pay to make up for working in less desirable conditions relative to the rest of the industry.

And it's exactly what the Bills have to do until we start winning games and become a more desirable franchise to play for.

jdaltroy5
03-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Exactly, it's called a compensating wage differential.

It's when an organization offers marginally higher pay to make up for working in less desirable conditions relative to the rest of the industry.

And it's exactly what the Bills have to do until we start winning games and become a more desirable franchise to play for.Yeah sure, if you want to use all them fancy words like some college boy.

JoeMama
03-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah sure, if you want to use all them fancy words like some college boy.

mah mawm sez eye'm teh smrtest boiy in meddle skhool :nod:

alohabillsfan
03-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Look morons, if a guy doesn't want to stay in buffalo there is nothing you can do about it! Peters was offered a contract but wasn't going to stay and the same with Byrd. Get over it!

better days
03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Look morons, if a guy doesn't want to stay in buffalo there is nothing you can do about it! Peters was offered a contract but wasn't going to stay and the same with Byrd. Get over it!

The good news is FS is easier to replace than LT.

And Aaron Williams is already on the roster to replace Byrd.

ServoBillieves
03-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I'd settle for $30,000 a year, let alone $30 million over 3 to get weak interceptions and tackle every once in a while. He just doesn't want to play for Buffalo. These "pleasant" talks he's had were sure as hell pleasant but he wanted to hear them out, he got offered an insane amount of money, and now he can go play in Philthy or Cleveland for less money.

EDS
03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Really even before it looked like Bryd was gone did he really win us a game, did he help our run defense?

Look I am not devaluing the guy, he is a great player and great total safety.

My point is this, does Bryd make our defense elite, does losing bryd make our defense terrible, does Bryd get us to the playoffs?

Bryd helps make the defense better no doubt about it, but they were not elite last year with him and to be honest the drop off without him was not that great. Our problems on defense were boundary corner when Gilmore was hurt and run defense.

Bryd does not get us to the playoffs no doubt about it.

The only way the Bills will get to the playoffs is if EJ becomes a good qb, or the bills get a good qb. That is it, look at the Pats, Green Bay, etc...

Teams with good QBs make the playoffs everything else is just icing but the QB is the cake or the Baby as Buddy would put it.

Lastly is 10 million a year for a safety what we all wanted, that is overpaying for a player that was not the difference between elite defense and not.

Should the Bills cut Mario since he is the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and has not helped the team win more games?

SquishDaFish
03-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I was only upset about pat and winfield and now byrd but yes that's too much money for a safety

Bill Cody
03-04-2014, 11:02 AM

The Byrd lickers are trying to explain this to you but you're not listening. It's 100% the Bills fault he won't sign. If you start talking about the strong possibilty that he doesn't want to be here or his demands are excessive they will run around with their fingers in their ears singing "lalalalalalala"

l3ills
03-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Meh. Who cares. We suck, Ill start caring about losing players when we don't suck. We've somehow been rebuilding for 15 years.... wow just saying that blows my mind.

And it sounds like he doesn't want to be here anyway. So in classic Bills fashion lets show him the door, smile and wave then pray he sucks wherever he goes so we can all make fun of him on his twitter wall or whatever.

Buffalogic
03-04-2014, 11:34 AM
It's not a done deal yet. Byrd may still stay here. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/04/jairus-byrd-says-hes-still-talking-to-the-bills/) Don't burn him at the stake just yet.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2014, 11:44 AM

If only there was some means by which we could compel a player to stay and play for us.

Ginger Vitis
03-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Really even before it looked like Bryd was gone did he really win us a game,

The Miami Thursday night game in 2012 and against the Arizona Cardinals in 2012.. Also fair to say he won the game against the Jets in 2009 in the Meadowlands..