http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330283/article/franchise-tag-tracker

Pollard says he has a deal with Titans.
Mack tagged by Cleveland.
Boldin re-signs with 49ers.
Orakpo tagged by Washington.
Folk tagged by NY Jets.
Graham tagged by NO (Friday)
Hardy tagged by Carolina (Friday)
Worilds transition tagged by Pittsburgh.

cookie G
03-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Maclin signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles for 3.3 million or so. A little surprising, considering how much they've spent on their offense in the past week.

I wouldn't have minded taking some of the money we aren't paying Byrd and put it towards him (provided he checked out medically).

Yasgur's Farm
03-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Tackles Jared Veldheer and Eugene Monroe were not tagged!!

jimmifli
03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
TJ Ward might make it free agency. I'd be fine with him in Byrd's spot. That's not going to happen but it's more fun to pretend the team is still trying to win.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2014, 04:47 PM
TJ Ward might make it free agency. I'd be fine with him in Byrd's spot. That's not going to happen but it's more fun to pretend the team is still trying to win.

"Can't you ingrates just be happy you still have a NFL team in the craphole you call the City of Buffalo?"
-- signed Ralph's Wallet

The Jokeman
03-03-2014, 07:07 PM

You know Ward plays SS right?

jimmifli
03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
You know Ward plays SS right?
Yes.

Minotaur95
03-04-2014, 07:26 AM
IMO, Williams would be a better FS than SS. As far as I'm concerned, we started 2 FSs in several games last season (Byrd & Williams).

JoeMama
03-04-2014, 07:33 AM
IMO, Williams would be a better FS than SS. As far as I'm concerned, we started 2 FSs in several games last season (Byrd & Williams).

A. Williams had a nice rebound season following his disastrous sophomore campaign.

I could see him holding his own at safety if that's where we need him.

CleveSteve
03-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Mack tagged by Cleveland.

For specificity, Mack got the transition tag. Basically the Browns letting him find his own market value and agreeing to pay him that.

I'm hoping that they can re-sign Ward this week, but I doubt it happens unless they can complete Haden's extension in time.

I've read the Browns are going to go hard after Byrd in FA and that's why they're not offering big money to Ward. I think a bird ni the hand is worth two Byrds in free agency.