PDA

View Full Version : If Sabres are going to TANK now is the time to do it!

DetDannyWilliams
03-03-2014, 05:01 PM
14 gms. in 27 dys. starting today

doug45
03-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Do what? Set up to have a crap team for years to come like the Bills for the last 15 years of REBUILDING.

WagonCircler
03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Do what? Set up to have a crap team for years to come like the Bills for the last 15 years of REBUILDING.

Two things.

1. As opposed to what? The best players are either gone or soon to be gone.

2. They don't really have to intentionally lose. Just play to their talent level. It will take care of itself.

What would be your alternative, at this point?

doug45
03-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Two things.

1. As opposed to what? The best players are either gone or soon to be gone.

2. They don't really have to intentionally lose. Just play to their talent level. It will take care of itself.

What would be your alternative, at this point?

So I guess you get rid of all the quality people to save money and get a bunch of kids with no veterens to teach them and go for years like this. If other teams can keep players so can we.

WagonCircler
03-04-2014, 12:11 AM
So I guess you get rid of all the quality people to save money and get a bunch of kids with no veterens to teach them and go for years like this. If other teams can keep players so can we.

Here's a news flash, Sparky....the quality people are all gone. And money is not the issue. Poorly spent money is the issue--Thanks Darcy!

The object is to get more guys like Girgensons and less guys like Leino. Otherwise, you're just perpetuating what we've been seeing.

JATMtheJATM
03-04-2014, 12:56 AM
sabres have alot of solid pieces in place. now its time to let them develop, and obtain more.

swiper
03-04-2014, 05:03 AM

So you want to sign a bunch of overpaid, aging veterans like the Florida Panthers did because they weren't at the cap floor? No thanks.

Tim Murray is a googly-eyed, angry-looking Canadian. But somehow I get the feeling he knows what he's doing. And he's going to do the GM job different than Darcy Regier did. If anyone in the NHL was capable of building a team like the Blackhawks did, I think he can do it. But at this point we all just have to be patient for a couple of years, forget the next 5 weeks. Those will be used to look hard at the young players they already have for the future.

swiper
03-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Next you'll want to bring back Brian Campbell, saying we never should have let him walk in the first place.

[/one of the best Darcy non-signings ever]

doug45
03-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Next you'll want to bring back Brian Campbell, saying we never should have let him walk in the first place.

[/one of the best Darcy non-signings ever]

Now you are thinking !!