PDA

View Full Version : Read it and Cry

Yasgur's Farm
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10549870/former-buffalo-bills-quarterback-jim-kelly-patiently-endures-cancer-loss

Next time you're running about two quarts low on hope, or feel like you're on the wrong end of God's Whac-A-Mole game, think of Jim Kelly and be glad you're not him.

Skooby
03-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Tough run but things happen.

Historian
03-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Tougher than Pennsylvania steel.

God bless him!

The King
03-05-2014, 10:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10549870/former-buffalo-bills-quarterback-jim-kelly-patiently-endures-cancer-loss

Next time you're running about two quarts low on hope, or feel like you're on the wrong end of God's Whac-A-Mole game, think of Jim Kelly and be glad you're not him.

trapezeus
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
weak shot that jim kelly didn't want to come to buffalo and got exiled here. It's true he didn't want to be here, but fell in love with it and is here by choice.

i would expected that kind of statement from a throwaway blogger (such as myself), but not from reilly.

aside from that, it is insane how much he's gone through. i didn't know about the plane crash. that's insane.

Turf
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Wow.... so sad to have to live like that..........people don't know how debilitating chronic pain is until you have it.

Luisito23
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Never knew any of this about him before I read this.

He has gone through so much, yet he still stays positive.

I really need to learn a lot from all of this.

DraftBoy
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Simply an incredible man.

- - - Updated - - -

weak shot that jim kelly didn't want to come to buffalo and got exiled here. It's true he didn't want to be here, but fell in love with it and is here by choice.

i would expected that kind of statement from a throwaway blogger (such as myself), but not from reilly.

You're talking about a guy who said on a live mic he wanted credit from Stuart Scott for breaking a story first on Twitter, when he actually didn't. Reilly is trash.

BillsImpossible
03-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Living life with chronic pain is something nobody should have to live through.

Living your life dependent upon opiates to alleviate pain is not fair to anyone.

People still wonder why athletes makes so much money.

Jim Kelly and thousands of other pro athletes smoke pot. Mike Peca smoked pot. It's not a big secret.

Many NBA players smoke marijuana.

Many NFL players smoke the herb to help deal with the pain they go through as professional athletes.

They smoke weed to avoid using heavy drugs.

If Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Boomer Esiason, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway and a host of other former NFL players united together and came out in favor of legal marijuana, they can help a lot of people.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24433560/steelers-s-ryan-clark-admits-some-of-his-teammates-use-marijuana

"I know guys on my team who smoke," Clark said. "A lot of it is stress relief. A lot of it is pain and medication. Guys feel like, 'If I can do this, it keeps me away from maybe Vicodin, it keeps me away from pain prescription drugs and things that guys get addicted to.'

trapezeus
03-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Simply an incredible man.

- - - Updated - - -

You're talking about a guy who said on a live mic he wanted credit from Stuart Scott for breaking a story first on Twitter, when he actually didn't. Reilly is trash.

didn't know that about reilly. I liked his last page articles in SI when i was a kid. usually a little humor, a little human interest and alittle sports.