PDA

View Full Version : Jameel McClain visiting Buffalo tomorrow

DBrown77
03-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Per Ian Rapaport. He has other visits lined up too.

Sounds like a backup to me.

jimmifli
03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Didn't he have his spinal cord replaced last season?

bigbub2352
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Depth guy wouldnt mind it

Mace
03-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Bruised spine, UDFA, maniac worker bee, run oriented ILB. Good pickup, but Baltimore will get him back cheaper after he makes the rounds.

Think more reliable Moats.

jimmifli
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Bruised spine, UDFA, maniac worker bee, run oriented ILB. Good pickup, but Baltimore will get him back cheaper after he makes the rounds.

Think more reliable Moats.
Ravens fans loved him. I think he's better than Moats if he's healthy.

Mace
03-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Ravens fans loved him. I think he's better than Moats if he's healthy.

Absolutely. He's a Kyle Williams linebacker.

jimmifli
03-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Absolutely. He's a Kyle Williams linebacker.
Maybe in spirit and style. Kyle's one of the best DT's in the league and the best player on out defense.

Ravens were glad when McClain saw the field over Ray, two seasons ago. That tells you a couple things I guess.

Worst case it shows the front office agrees with me on the benefits of a real LB in the middle.

X-Era
03-05-2014, 05:28 AM
He's a run stuffing ILB which is something we really don't have. Even if he ends up being nothing more than a backup it's the sort of backup we should have.

GingerP
03-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Maybe in spirit and style. Kyle's one of the best DT's in the league and the best player on out defense.

Ravens were glad when McClain saw the field over Ray, two seasons ago. That tells you a couple things I guess.

Worst case it shows the front office agrees with me on the benefits of a real LB in the middle.

There are questions if he is the same player he was before last year. He was a starter for them and played pretty well for a few years, until a back injury late in their Super Bowl season knocked him out. He avoided surgery, but began last season on the PUP. He returned last season to start the last 10 games, but he didn't play well. Now the Ravens are cutting him, which makes me wonder if the back is still and issue. The medical check is going to be key with him.

The flip side is he is still only 28, is a veteran with starting experience, a great locker-room guy and a great player off the field. He did a lot of charity work and was a real pro with Baltimore, and would be a great guy to bring on to the Bills to show younger players how to handle themselves. Has a winning pedigree and could help set the right mindset.

I think a lot of teams will bring him in for a visit, because he would help a lot of teams and they will all want to see for themselves where he is physically. The Ravens usually make pretty good decisions on who to get rid of and who to keep, Anquan Boldin notwithstanding.

justasportsfan
03-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Didn't he have his spinal cord replaced last season?haha!

OLDSRIP
03-05-2014, 07:28 AM

That would be quite impressive!

X-Era
03-05-2014, 07:42 AM
No, they just replaced the plug on the end. It had bent prongs.

better days
03-05-2014, 07:58 AM
He's a run stuffing ILB which is something we really don't have. Even if he ends up being nothing more than a backup it's the sort of backup we should have.

52 Tackles with one forced fumble in 10 games.

Sounds more like a starter to me.

Meathead
03-05-2014, 08:31 AM
and his brother was in die hard

The Jokeman
03-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Per Ian Rapaport. He has other visits lined up too.

Sounds like a backup to me.

Marrone mentioned in his end of the season presser he wanted to add some core ST guys to the squad. To me McClain fits this mold and best of all he was cut by Baltimore which means he won't count in UFAs added when we look at compensation for players lost so even if he does start here and excel it won't tarnish any draft picks the NFL could award of for losing Byrd.

YardRat
03-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Doesn't hurt to kick the tires. He probably has a few visits lined up.

Mace
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
T Now the Ravens are cutting him, which makes me wonder if the back is still and issue.

From what I was reading over at the Baltimore Ravens SB nation website, Ray Lewis and his fiancee will be attending a couples seminar. Fascinating, yes, but I was reading up on McClain.

Seems to echo the other stuff I read about him in Baltimore media, salary move and Newsome wants to bring him back cheaper if possible. Haven't read anything about any concerns regarding his spinal bruise or health issues. I still think he's kicking the tires and ends up back there cheaper.