PDA

View Full Version : Will BUF select a DE in the draft?

stuckincincy
03-05-2014, 03:53 AM
They have Mario, Branch, Hughes, and a 300 lb fellow named Corbin Bryant at DE per nfl.com's depth chart:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/depthchart?team=BUF

Having 24 qb sacks from that bunch didn't translate into a winning season. That may be scheme or it may be skills. IMO, they might be well-served by having some talent that is good at all-around DE play. not a sack-master. Decent ST play, also.

I think 3rd or 4th round down, a DE might be a wise pick.

Luisito23
03-05-2014, 04:07 AM
No...

Not with the 1st. pick.

YardRat
03-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Depends on who is on the board, and when...I certainly don't think they are targeting DE in any manner.

X-Era
03-05-2014, 05:58 AM
Depends on who is on the board, and when...I certainly don't think they are targeting DE in any manner.I think thats exactly it. They may draft one somewhere in the draft if the guy is too much of a value at the pick to pass up.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-05-2014, 09:36 AM
No...

Not with the 1st. pick.

If Clowney falls for some reason we should take him. Other than that the pass rushers we would consider at 9 would be olb types like Mack and Barr

DesertFox24
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Look for Kareem Martin and Will Clark in rounds 2 and 3, guys I love.

Especially Martin he plays the run well, gets good push at the point of attack, and has good pass rush skills and closing speed.

Will Clark is a poor mans Dion Jordan and is a much better pass rusher than run defender but another player that is pretty good.

Both will be gone in the second round.

k-oneputt
03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
If Clowney falls for some reason we should take him. Other than that the pass rushers we would consider at 9 would be olb types like Mack and Barr

Seriously ? If Clowney falls to them they should be sprinting to the podium.

clumping platelets
03-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Nothing wrong with drafting a versatile DL day 2 or early day 3

tampabay25690
03-06-2014, 06:15 AM
I think they may.
Depends on the values when the Bills pick.
Also depends what we do in Free agency!

TigerJ
03-06-2014, 09:15 PM
If Buffalo keeps substantially the defensive scheme they had last season and only tweak it with a few Jim Schwartz wrinkles, then defensive end will be a pretty low priority. If they think they are going to run quite a bit more 4-3, I think they might try to pick up a pure 4-3 defensive end somewhere rather than always trying to fit a square peg into a round hole (playing a 300 lb. DL at DE in a 4-3 alignment, or a LB/ DE tweener). No, they are not going to trade up to draft Jadaveon Clowney.