X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Current Sabres Picks Through '16

I've been as confused as anyone, but I found this. Hope it helps.

Great work at Die By The Blade as always http://www.diebytheblade.com/2014/3/...out/in/5238951
  • Downinfloflo
    Victimizing The Victimizer
    • Aug 2012

Re: Current Sabres Picks Through '16

I thought they had a lot more, 2014 is a crap draft class..Outside the top prospects.

1st (BUF)
    1st (NYI) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Vanek trade - Islanders can defer to 2015 1st if top 10
    1st (STL) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade - If Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
    2nd (BUF)
    2nd (MIN) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Pominville trade - Sent to STL if Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
    2nd (WPG) - Acquired in Moulson trade via MIN
    2nd (LA) - Acquired in Regehr trade - Traded to LAK in McNabb trade
    3rd (BUF) - CONDITIONAL - Sent to STL if Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
    4th (BUF) - Traded to MIN in Pominville trade
    5th (BUF)
    6th (BUF)
    7th (BUF)

1st (BUF)
    1st (NYI) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Vanek trade - Islanders can defer from 2014 1st if 2014 1st was top 10
    1st (STL) - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade
    2nd (BUF)
    2nd (NYI) - Acquired in Vanek trade
    3rd (BUF) - Traded to WSH in Halak trade
    4th (BUF)
    5th (BUF)
    6th (BUF)
    7th (BUF)

1st (BUF)
    2nd (BUF)
    2nd (MIN) - Acquired in Moulson trade
    3rd (BUF)
    3rd (STL) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade - If Miller doesn't re-sign with STL and STL doesn't make conference finals in 2014
    4th (BUF)
    5th (BUF)
    6th (BUF)
    7th (BUF)
    Last edited by Downinfloflo; 03-06-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
      I thought they had a lot more, 2014 is a crap draft class..Outside the top prospects.

1st (BUF)
      1st (NYI) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Vanek trade - Islanders can defer to 2015 1st if top 10
      1st (STL) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade - If Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
      2nd (BUF)
      2nd (MIN) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Pominville trade - Sent to STL if Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
      2nd (WPG) - Acquired in Moulson trade via MIN
      3rd (BUF) - CONDITIONAL - Sent to STL if Miller re-signs with STL or STL makes conference finals in 2014
      4th (BUF) - Traded to MIN in Pominville trade
      5th (BUF)
      6th (BUF)
      7th (BUF)

1st (BUF)
      1st (NYI) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Vanek trade - Islanders can defer from 2014 1st if 2014 1st was top 10
      1st (STL) - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade
      2nd (BUF)
      2nd (NYI) - Acquired in Vanek trade
      3rd (BUF) - Traded to WSH in Halak trade
      4th (BUF)
      5th (BUF)
      6th (BUF)
      7th (BUF)

1st (BUF)
      2nd (BUF)
      2nd (MIN) - Acquired in Moulson trade
      3rd (BUF)
      3rd (STL) - CONDITIONAL - Acquired in Miller/Ott trade - If Miller doesn't re-sign with STL and STL doesn't make conference finals in 2014
      4th (BUF)
      5th (BUF)
      6th (BUF)
      7th (BUF)
      I'm awful when it comes to NHL prospects unless they are ridiculously buzzworthy (my brain can handle the NFL and the Bills always having me working full time), are the top 2 at least studs? I mean, I've been reading but you are a Rags fan and like to pick on us so if you say they are good maybe I can have a little hope haha
      Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 03-06-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
        I'm awful when it comes to NHL prospects unless they are ridiculously buzzworthy (my brain can handle the NFL and the Bills always having me working full time), are the top 2 at least studs? I mean, I've been reading but you are a Rags fan and like to pick on us so if you say they are good maybe I can have a little hope haha
        Yes...There are some good players that will be on the board in the 1st round when the Sabres pick this year..After that, It's a real crap shoot.

The 2015 draft is regarded as one of the deepest in 10 years.

And I have not picked on the Sabres this year, It's no fun, My only issue is the NHL draft in general, When you look back at the history of the NHL draft, So many players from each round never make it.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

If Buffalo gets the number 2 overall pick in 2015 do you think they try to trade up for McDavid using the Islanders and/ or Blues pick or take Eichel?

Comment

• Downinfloflo
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by don137 View Post
            If Buffalo gets the number 2 overall pick in 2015 do you think they try to trade up for McDavid using the Islanders and/ or Blues pick or take Eichel?
            I doubt anyone gives up that pick.

It would take much more then what you stated, What would a team have to give up for Crosby? And go from there.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

I doubt anyone would trade away a chance at McDavid.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

No one would trade away McDavid.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Mcdavid had a 4 point game last night.. 1 goal and 3 assists. The goal Mcdavid scored is all the talk in the hockey world today it is unreal..

0 Followers, 882 Following, 879 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Ryan Kubiak (@ryankubiak)
                  Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 03-06-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I have never seen either play but doing some reading on them I saw where some scouts prefer Eichel over McDavid. I meant to include Buffalo trading the # 2 overall along with Islanders and/ or Blues pick to move up one spot. If no one thinks a team would make that trade than Sabres have slim odds to land McDavid even if they are worst team in league next year and Eichel is more realistic.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

I have never seen either play but doing some reading on them I saw where some scouts prefer Eichel over McDavid.
                      I have read this too.. The difference in talent between McDavid and Eichel is a lot slimmer than between Sidney Crosby and Bobby Ryan when they went 1 and 2 in 2005

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

I have never seen either play but doing some reading on them I saw where some scouts prefer Eichel over McDavid. I meant to include Buffalo trading the # 2 overall along with Islanders and/ or Blues pick to move up one spot. If no one thinks a team would make that trade than Sabres have slim odds to land McDavid even if they are worst team in league next year and Eichel is more realistic.
                        This article is 5 months old but quite eye opening 3 NHL directors of scouting saying McDavid is further along than Crosby at 16 years old.. And another 4 point night for McDavid last night 8points in his last 2 games

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                          This article is 5 months old but quite eye opening 3 NHL directors of scouting saying McDavid is further along than Crosby at 16 years old.. And another 4 point night for McDavid last night 8points in his last 2 games

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...at-same-stage/
                          Wow that guy was uber harsh on Buffalo for using Zadarov like they did. Sounds right.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            Wow that guy was uber harsh on Buffalo for using Zadarov like they did. Sounds right.
                            One thing that scouting director was wrong on was saying a OHL team could not contend for the Memorial Cup with Zadorov as a top pairing defensemen. The London knights can easily come close or win the Memorial Cup with Zadorov as their No.1 defensemen

Comment

Working...
                            X