PDA

View Full Version : Legit Super Bowl Contenders?

lordofgun
07-18-2002, 03:00 PM
I want to know if you guys feel we are legit superbowl contenders. If not, when will we be?

I honestly don't know if everyone can gel this year, but by next year, I think we're in the big show. We'll have even more cap room to sign more defensive help. We'll also have one more draft to fill some needs.

angneli
07-18-2002, 03:03 PM
I think that we will easily win the division next year and have a great chance of making a run.

This year I think we will contend for the division title.

northernbillfan
07-18-2002, 03:06 PM
As much as I like to think we can get there this year, it will take at least a season to gel.

Look out 2003. Woo Hoo

Shiny Chicken
07-18-2002, 03:07 PM
If we keep around most of the team from this year... leave our offense as is and almost entirely focus on defense next offseason... primarily d-line and safety, then I think we're a powerhouse. I also think they should draft a good young quarterback to learn behind Bledsoe for a few years next offseason as well.

Earthquake Enyart
07-18-2002, 03:39 PM
If all the planets line up just right.:gobills:

SABURZFAN
07-18-2002, 04:32 PM
we're closer than most people think.

Phins054
07-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
we're closer than most people think.

I'll agree that you are closer than others may think...but you still have holes to fill (D-line) and having depth wouldn't hurt. I know there have been quite a few cinderella teams out there that went from worst to first, unfortunately, I don't see the Bills coming up that way. Major personnel changes and a lot of youngins means you will need at the minimum a season, maybe two, for the O to get the new system down and D improvements to take effect.

If these happen in a more accelerated time frame, you may push in the division. You never know...miracles do happen.

angneli
07-18-2002, 04:45 PM
We could get a good safety in the draft next year there are several choices. D-Line will also be strong.

Bufftp
07-18-2002, 07:35 PM
next year (more cap room for td to use, one year together)

BillsMan80
07-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Why not this year?

Shiny Chicken
07-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Why not this year?

I don't know if we have the D for it yet and the offense may need some time to gel.

The_Philster
07-18-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm with ya, BM80.....anything is possible in today's NFL.

Shiny Chicken
07-18-2002, 10:12 PM
possible yes... probable, not really... there would have to be some big surprises... some young guys would have to really step up... and we'd have to get a few lucky breaks.... which the Bills are fanmous for not getting very often

#1 Bills Fan
07-19-2002, 02:20 AM
They have a good shot at getting there this season!!

IMO, they can do it this year...*heavy sigh*...but will they??

shelby
07-19-2002, 04:31 AM
Not this year. But we will go 9 and 7.

Meathead
07-19-2002, 08:06 AM
How are the Bills going into this season different than the Pats going into last season? Besides not having a horseshoe stuck up their colons?

Ebenezer
07-19-2002, 08:08 AM
8-8 this year...10-6 in 2003 and then we are legit...still need to fill a couple of holes.

WG
07-19-2002, 09:24 AM
Pats had some talent on their DL and the rest of their D was as tight as ours is. We just don't have the guns on the DL. People keep suggesting that one or two guys are gonna step up on the DL, but we have two holes that guys need to step into, and even if two guys do step up, we'll have no depth capable of starting in case we have an injury.

That's if even anyone does step up to be more than average. I thought we should have gone for Evans even before this past incident. I still think we should have made a move for him. Instead one of our divisional rivals did. He is good. It was a double whammy for us. That seems to have been the rule this offseason.

We really did nothing significant to address the DL issues for this year.

mybills
07-22-2002, 08:08 AM
According to every Pat's fan in my area, we'll be in the S.B. this year. I'll admit, I told them all that they're crazy to think that. They all have Bledsoe on the brain, and aren't looking at the reality of it taking more than just the QB to get there. I voted for 2003. That sounds more realistic IMO.

WCoastFin
07-23-2002, 12:40 PM
What a joke for all those people who think you can make it this year or next year!

EricStratton
07-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin1
What a joke for all those people who think you can make it this year or next year!

And what year do the Fish plan on making the jump from early playoff exit to the big one. You are a lot closer and yet wee will make it there first.

Drewpac
07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
It all comes down to our D-Line. I think Robertson will be solid as the other DT but I'm really worried about the DE position opposite Shoebel.

If someone steps up I think we have the talent to go this year barring any major injuries

mybills
07-23-2002, 12:53 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by WCoastFin1
<b>What a joke for all those people who think you can make it this year or next year!</b>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should keep out of this one, we all know you think we'll never make it in (any) year.

EricStratton
07-23-2002, 12:59 PM
The Bills are most likely 2 seasons from a legit shot. This year goes to 7-9/9-7 range then the 2nd round playoff run the next season. Then we talk SB