• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Beef
    • Sep 2011

What's Your FA Wishlist?

Ill be wishing, but not expecting...

RT - Brandon Albert
    No more Pears and keeps a playmaker in play at #9.

LB - Daryl Smith
    Looked like the best player on Baltimore's defense a year ago. Can fill it up at MLB and is not a pure plugger to the point of being a liability in coverage.

LB - Brandon Spikes
    Nothin but a plugger. The defense needs depth and a touch of nasty. I realize he and Smith don't make a lot of sense together in Schwartz' system, but it makes a lot of sense if I had a say in things. Sadly I do not have a say.

S - Charles Woodson
    He's in the twilight, but a 1 year deal make sense. A great mentor, he would be great in a platoon with Searcy. Great stop gap, and saves the team from taking a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round.

RB - Lagarette Blount
    I want a big back HAMMER inside the 2 yard line.

OG - Evan Dietrich-Smith
    Played center for the Packers, I'd slide him over to left guard. He's not a huge mauler, but he was pretty damn good for the Packers last year.

Spikes would be costly and the team would have to overpay for multiple reasons. The rest I could see if he chips fell right. He's worth about 3M a year, it'd cost the Bills 6M.

Albert will go to highest bidder and there are some good OT's out there, so that could play in a team's favor. If he could be had for 4 years at about 8.5M a year he would be worth it.

Smith will get a reasonable pay day, but it won't be anything ridiculous. 4 years and 24M will be the ball park.

I know Woodson is comfortable in Oakland but he doesn't even know if they'll take him back. IMO he's worth a year investment. 1 year at 3.5.

Blount makes a lot of sense but another team will probably over pay him. I'd like him at around Shonn Greene's deal, 3 years and 8.5.

Dietrich Smith should be reasonable as well 4 years at around 13M.

That's a lot of toughness and veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball. The team gets better in short yardage on both sides if the ball. The OLine fills 2 holes and you hope Ubrik has a bounce back season and can add a young guy in the middle of the draft.

Ahhhh to dream, of what could be.

Reality bites.
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: What's Your FA Wishlist?

I like Branden Albert, but he's a 29 year old pro bowler at left tackle. If he comes here, then Glenn moves. Not that I want Glenn to move, but that's the situation.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

MLB Spikes--run stuffer we need in the middle
      OT/G Schwartz--good versatility, can start at G or swing to RT if necessary
      DT Thomas--good against the run, split time with KW
      C/G Gurode--old vet, but good depth at G and C so no shuffling has to happen for injuries
      CB Blackmon--vet back-up
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Decent starter types UNDER THE AGE OF 30.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

I'm adding Zane Beadles to my list.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            MLB Spikes--run stuffer we need in the middle
            OT/G Schwartz--good versatility, can start at G or swing to RT if necessary
            DT Thomas--good against the run, split time with KW
            C/G Gurode--old vet, but good depth at G and C so no shuffling has to happen for injuries
            CB Blackmon--vet back-up
            I'm with u on your list!!
            If we can add Spikes and Schwartz I would be thrilled. 2 huge holes filled and we can focus on so much other stuff n the draft!!
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• The Beef
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              I like Branden Albert, but he's a 29 year old pro bowler at left tackle. If he comes here, then Glenn moves. Not that I want Glenn to move, but that's the situation.
              He moved to the right side for most of last year, if the money is right he won't ache over which spot he lines up at. That comes before the contract year, but with Veldheer an Monroe and an overall good class at OT I think Albert could be in play. He won't come cheap, but again it's a wish list not what I think is likely.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                • Feb 2009

Byrd.
                True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I want Kuhn.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                    He moved to the right side for most of last year,
                    No he didn't, Fisher moved.

if the money is right he won't ache over which spot he lines up at. That comes before the contract year, but with Veldheer an Monroe and an overall good class at OT I think Albert could be in play. He won't come cheap, but again it's a wish list not what I think is likely.
                    If the money is equal, he'll take the job where he doesn't have to learn to play the opposite side. And if we're going to be the high bidder on a pro bowl tackle, I don't see the logic in moving him. You are paying him for his performance at LT, why put all those chips on the table on the risk that he'd be equally effective on the right? If you want to sign him, sure. But move Glenn, who is at least young enough to make the switch still pay off.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                      Ill be wishing, but not expecting...

RT - Brandon Albert
                      LB - Daryl Smith
                      LB - Brandon Spikes
                      S - Charles Woodson
                      RB - Lagarette Blount
                      OG - Evan Dietrich-Smith
                      Decent wish list. I'd add CIN's Rey. Also, I read that Champ Bailey is going to be dropped, and that he's amenable to playing safety.
                      Nate Clements did that with some success a few years ago.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

The only two I really covet are Spikes and McCown.

If we got both I'd be ecstatic.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

1--James Jones, WR I read he's a poor man's Anquan Boldin and that's just what the Bills need. Ie a reliable outside WR who has the size to be a factor in the redzone. He might not have the upside potential as an early draft pick like Mike Evans but he also doesn't have to go through growing pains that a rookie WR which should lead to an immediate contribution. Also signing him gives up time to develop Woods/Goodwin and if he sticks Graham more.

2--Jonathan Vilma LB I'm not sure if he still can play on the inside but should be at least a two down WLB. I'd still draft LB in Round 3 or 4 to develop as Vilma and Lawson are aging.

3--Brandon Pettigrew TE Better blocker than Chandler and prior to last year he showed to be a pretty good move the chains TE that's good for about 60-75 catches a year.

4--Jeff Linkenbach OT/OG Versaitaille lineman who gives us some flexibility in the draft but probably best at OG.

5-- Aaron Berry CB A nickel CB that's worked under Schwartz before. As good as Robey played last year but I'd like to have some veteran protection of a sophomore slump.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            I want Kuhn.
                            I think you misspelled it. There is a T at the end.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Me too. He will come cheap and be the hammer we need.

Comment

Working...
                              X