• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

First joke of the season, you get to pay more for a seat

A day after announcing they will play all eight of their regular-season home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium in 2014, the Buffalo Bills revealed how much it will cost season-ticket holders.

The team announced Thursday that prices for a 10-game season-ticket package – two preseason games and eight that count – range from $260 for a seat in the upper deck (300 Level V) to $3,100 for a spot in the Time Warner Cable Business Class Club.

It’s the first time since 2010 the team has raised season-ticket prices, an increase it called “modest” in a statement. In 2013, season tickets ranged from $225 to $720 in regular seating areas and $1,278 to $2,790 for a club seat. This year, club seats range from $1,470 to $3,100.

Season-ticket holders were already going to pay more in 2014. Wednesday, the Bills and Rogers Communications announced their agreement to play one regular-season game per year in Toronto’s Rogers Centre was being postponed for the 2014 season, meaning all eight games will be held at The Ralph for the first time since 2007.

Digging deeper into their pockets to pay for an extra game as opposed to seeing it shipped off to Canada is a trade-off most fans on social media have seemed willing to make.
    Last edited by Skooby; 03-07-2014, 07:46 AM.
  • pmoon6
    Legendary Zoner
    • Dec 2002

Re: First joke of the season, you get to pay more for a seat

I don't think 3100 is outrageous for a decent seat.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Im not close enough for it to make sense to get season tickets, but if I were, this increase wouldnt change my mind on getting them. We still have some of the lowest (if not THE lowest) ticket prices in the league.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
        Im not close enough for it to make sense to get season tickets, but if I were, this increase wouldnt change my mind on getting them. We still have some of the lowest (if not THE lowest) ticket prices in the league.
        Indeed. The hot 'n heavy Ralph bashers should take note.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Please just get a better product on the field, ****ing NFL ticket is not getting cheaper!
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Our tickets are so much cheaper than most other teams.

Don't be whiny cheapskates. If you can't afford it don't go.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
              Please just get a better product on the field, ****ing NFL ticket is not getting cheaper!
              I think they will. They were fortunate in the low number of injuries, but very unfortunate that one of them was Manual. That loss of evaluation time still leads to question marks.

We all like to quote this or that stat, but fact is, they looked better last season than they have for a while, even with the gimmicky hurry-up. No opponents took them lightly.

I think getting a DE that patrols the edge will be a plus. No knock on Alonso, who has that gift of quick diagnoses and flows to the action. Folks talk about him gaining weight - he could lose 20 lb and be a heck of a strong safety. You can't teach anticipation, a nose for where the play is going.

My 2 cents on the draft: go for 2 LBs ,3 OLs. Those areas have been problematical for season after season and if they don't get it sorted out, we will see more of the same six and ten seasons. Add in that 2nd day DE prospect. Forget TE - re-sign Chandler...if their OL meant that hurry-up was their best option (or Fitz's quick toss thing that they ran before) I can't see how a better TE helps.

None of the rookie spiffy WRs, please. They have drafted high there already, and those youngsters are learning the ropes.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• UltimateBillsFan
                • Oct 2007

You're all forgetting that we are playing an additional home game in Buffalo..the ticket cost per game has not gone up all that dramatically.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Gracias Cincy!
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Rising prices is what Bills fans should get used to.

Almost $200M is being spent on stadium "upgrades" and that will justify in management's minds increasing ticket prices.

If I am a new owner and I am going to keep the team in Buffalo, I expect ticket prices to be at least at the mid-point of NFL ticket prices. I did not buy the Bills as a charity.

So double digit annual ticket price increases every year to the magical 8th year of the lease is a good strategy.

If there are not sell outs, it strengthens a new owners push for a new stadium or relocation of the team. Win-win.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                      • Sep 2004

My season seat is $300 this year, as compared to $226 last year.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                        My season seat is $300 this year, as compared to $226 last year.
                        That is a big increase but probably half the price of a similar ticket in Dallas, Washington or NYC.

Comment

• G Wolly
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                          Our tickets are so much cheaper than most other teams.

Don't be whiny cheapskates. If you can't afford it don't go.
                          Then it gets blacked out and we can't even watch it at home.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I see my old seats are just under $1600. (club).

My living room works better for me now.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Zero
                              Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post

Damn that's cheap. I wish I lived in the Buffalo are, I would definately buy season tickets. Cant't beat those prices, even if the Bills suck, you still get to see some of the best NFL teams coome to the Ralph...

Comment

Working...
                              X