PDA

View Full Version : Ranking 2013 Rookie Coaches

Mike
03-07-2014, 04:55 PM
So a year ago, we were all arguing about who the best head coaching candidates were. Many wanted Chip Kelly, other hated him, Andy Reid was never an option, and Maroon was our guy since the beginning. As with most every team that hires a new coach, usually that team is in disarray, and many of the teams on this list were bad. So without further ado, here are the best new coaches of 2013.

1. Andy Reid: Took 2-14 KC team to 11-5 with an impressive 9-0 starts. Now that is a turnaroud and a great coaching job.
2. Chip Kelly: Turned around 4-12 Eagles team into a 10-6 Division winner. Groomed Franchise QB into a TD throwing Machine atop one of best offenses.
3. Bruce Arians: Turned Cardinals around and made them into a 10-6 juggernaut who was one 1.5 games out of a playoff spot while playing in by far the best division in football.
4. Mike McCoy: Turned Rivers (a player many Bills fans would not have traded a box of cookies and a 6pack for) into one of the top QBs in 2013 (just look at his QBR) and a playoff winner.
5. Marc Trestman: Made both Chicago QBs look good, really good. Cutler was great in 2013, but once again injuries held back the Bears.
6. Gus Bradley: They Jags were expected to be the worst team in football and they weren't even the worst team in their own division. They won 50% more games in 2013 than 2012, a feat easily accomplishable when you only win 2 games.
6. Doug Marrone: In 2o13 the Bills were not that much different. Well, they played much better on defense (how could you not) while their offense was horrid (watching a sunset in slow motion proved more eventful). Having an inaccurate, injury prone roookie QB did not help matters.
The Worst: Rob Chud?><$%@!# He was so bad he got fired. Enough Said.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
So a year ago, we were all arguing about who the best head coaching candidates were. Many wanted Chip Kelly, other hated him, Andy Reid was never an option, and Maroon was our guy since the beginning. As with most every team that hires a new coach, usually that team is in disarray, and many of the teams on this list were bad. So without further ado, here are the best new coaches of 2013.

[QUOTE]1. Andy Reid: Took 2-14 KC team to 11-5 with an impressive 9-0 starts. Now that is a turnaroud and a great coaching job.

To be fair, I think Wichita State has the talent to do well in the dance, but well Andy went 9-0 while playing the MVC of schedules. He went 1-6 vs. playoff teams last year and as such I think the real test of his coaching mettle comes this year. So he is wait and see.

2. Chip Kelly: Turned around 4-12 Eagles team into a 10-6 Division winner. Groomed Franchise QB into a TD throwing Machine atop one of best offenses.
The NFC east was VERY soft last year. He's in the Reid category. Wait and see

3. Bruce Arians: Turned Cardinals around and made them into a 10-6 juggernaut who was one 1.5 games out of a playoff spot while playing in by far the best division in football. Perhaps the league's most underrated coach

4. Mike McCoy: Turned Rivers (a player many Bills fans would not have traded a box of cookies and a 6pack for) into one of the top QBs in 2013 (just look at his QBR) and a playoff winner.

Rivers is better than any qb we've had since Drew Bledsoe

5. Marc Trestman: Made both Chicago QBs look good, really good. Cutler was great in 2013, but once again injuries held back the Bears. To an extent I actually think Culter was part of the problem

6. Gus Bradley: They Jags were expected to be the worst team in football and they weren't even the worst team in their own division. They won 50% more games in 2013 than 2012, a feat easily accomplishable when you only win 2 games.

Two of those wins came against Houston, just saying. . . .

6. Doug Marrone: In 2o13 the Bills were not that much different. Well, they played much better on defense (how could you not) while their offense was horrid (watching a sunset in slow motion proved more eventful). Having an inaccurate, injury prone roookie QB did not help matters.
I feel sorry for Marrone, and his faults are more the result of boneheaded front office decisions than his.

The Worst: Rob Chud?><$%@!# He was so bad he got fired. Enough Said.
You said it

sudzy
03-08-2014, 05:14 AM
I can't argue any of that. Marrone had the deer in the headlights look a lot last year. The Browns are a mess.

Meathead
03-08-2014, 05:24 AM
andy reid is a rookie coach like im a rookie masturbator

swiper
03-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Marrone definitely struggled with his offense. Pettine held his defense together. Year 2 will be very telling for him.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-08-2014, 10:33 AM
andy reid is a rookie coach like im a rookie masturbator

Spit my coffee over that one

pmoon6
03-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Man, it's really sad what Bills' Nation has turned into.

HAMMER
03-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Spit my coffee over that one

No you didn't.

YardRat
03-08-2014, 11:35 AM
This will be an interesting thread to re-visit around this time next year.