• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

OT Free Agent Numbers

Early reports from Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun have the following top OT's signing for the following amounts;

OT Jared Veldheer - Cardinals 7-7.5 per year
    OT Branden Albert - Dolphins 9-9.5 per year
    OT Rodger Saffold - Raiders 8-8.5 per year
    OT Anthony Collins - Bucs 6.5-7 per year

Sure would of been nice to land Veldheer at 7-7.5 or Collins at 6.5-7.
    Last edited by YardRat; 03-10-2014, 06:32 PM. Reason: Edited for DraftBoy
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • jimmifli
    • Nov 2006

Re: OT Free Agent Numbers

I'd much rather get Greg Robinson or Jake Mathews for 4 years at $12.7 total or $3.1 /season

These new rookie contracts are so ****ing cheap, it's essential that you use them on the most expensive positions.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
      I'd much rather get Greg Robinson or Jake Mathews for 4 years at $12.7 total or $3.1 /season

These new rookie contracts are so ****ing cheap, it's essential that you use them on the most expensive positions.
      Yeah so you can foolishly overspend on other guys. I'm still dumbfounded why we made Aaron Williams the 8th highest paid Safety after having 1 good season under a DC no longer employed by this team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        Yeah so you can foolishly overspend on other guys. I'm still dumbfounded why we made Aaron Williams the 8th highest paid Safety after having 1 good season under a DC no longer employed by this team.
        does the credit for that 1 good season just go to Pettine or does Henderson have anything to do with the turnaround with Leodis as well ?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I have no issue with that, does involve some more risk though with unproven rookies and a completely unpredictable Top 7 picks right now.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

So spend 4-5 on a G that can swing out to tackle if necessary. Problem solved.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              So spend 4-5 on a G that can swing out to tackle if necessary. Problem solved.
              What about the massive abyss that we currently have at RT along with OG? We have more than just one need along the OL.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                What about the massive abyss that we currently have at RT along with OG? We have more than just one need along the OL.
                Take an OT at #9, which I have been advocating since the end of the season, if not before. Sign a cheap, vet, C-G also for back-up.

Schwartz, Lewan, Gurode. Hope Hairston or Unga progress enough to make viable back-ups also.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• jimmifli
                  • Nov 2006

What about the massive abyss that we currently have at RT
                  If RT is a massive abyss then G is a ****ing event horizon swallowing up all the scrubs that easily replaced Andy.

I think we have 2 NFL lineman. Urbik between two good players can be competent if the center is available to help him. With scrubs on the other side of Wood the situation gets worse since Urbik has shown he isn't good enough when left by himself. I'd much prefer to see both guard positions and RT addressed but since that ain't going to happen...

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Early reports from Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun have the following top OT's signing for the following amounts;

OT Jared Veldheer - Cardinals 7-7.5 per year
                    OT Branden Albert - Chiefs 9-9.5 per year
                    OT Rodger Saffold - Raiders 8-8.5 per year
                    OT Anthony Collins - Bucs 6.5-7 per year

Sure would of been nice to land Veldheer at 7-7.5 or Collins at 6.5-7.
                    I have seen reports of Albert signing with Miami . . .

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Take an OT at #9, which I have been advocating since the end of the season, if not before. Sign a cheap, vet, C-G also for back-up.

Schwartz, Lewan, Gurode. Hope Hairston or Unga progress enough to make viable back-ups also.
                      Which I'm fine with but it represents a far greater risk than simply paying $7.0 million for Veldheer who is a young and proven commodity.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

If RT is a massive abyss then G is a ****ing event horizon swallowing up all the scrubs that easily replaced Andy.

I think we have 2 NFL lineman. Urbik between two good players can be competent if the center is available to help him. With scrubs on the other side of Wood the situation gets worse since Urbik has shown he isn't good enough when left by himself. I'd much prefer to see both guard positions and RT addressed but since that ain't going to happen...
                        Its a horrific situation. I was fine letting Levitre walk as long as you replace him with at least something adequate. The Bills choose to do nothing and now we have an OL that offers about 1.2 seconds of perfection and opens up holes so small not even the midget trainer could find them.

I'm all for going OL for the first three picks, I just think its beyond dumb to not jump on Veldheer at 7.5 which is an absolute steal.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                        I have seen reports of Albert signing with Miami . . .
                        Correct, I mistyped it in the OP and can't edit it.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Its a horrific situation. I was fine letting Levitre walk as long as you replace him with at least something adequate. The Bills choose to do nothing and now we have an OL that offers about 1.2 seconds of perfection and opens up holes so small not even the midget trainer could find them.

I'm all for going OL for the first three picks, I just think its beyond dumb to not jump on Veldheer at 7.5 which is an absolute steal.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, I mistyped it in the OP and can't edit it.
                          The real travesty wasn't letting Levitre walk, it was sitting on their hands after he did.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

The real travesty wasn't letting Levitre walk, it was sitting on their hands after he did.
                            It's easy to say that, but what guards of equivalent quality have been available? Vasquez would have been OK, but I can't remember anyone else being touted as a potential replacement. That's pretty slim pickings for a team that has a tough time attracting free agents.

The top guys this year are barely better than the scrubs they would replace.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

It's easy to say that, but what guards of equivalent quality have been available? Vasquez would have been OK, but I can't remember anyone else being touted as a potential replacement. That's pretty slim pickings for a team that has a tough time attracting free agents.

The top guys this year are barely better than the scrubs they would replace.
                              Well, I'm sure you and I disagree on what 'equivalent quality' is regarding Levitre, and I honestly don't remember who was available at this time last season, but the least they could have done was sign a vet for one year that was better than Brown or Legursky. I really was expecting Rhinehart to re-sign...him bolting surprised me a lot more than Levitre.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X