Low 20's in millions.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/03/11/bills-official-cap-number/

I like that they did this.

more cowbell
03-11-2014, 02:02 PM
More than enough $ to land a few players who can help this team

jimmifli
03-11-2014, 02:09 PM
That still undersells it. We've got a few contracts that are overstated. The biggest being Kolb, he isn't coming back and once he takes a buyout his salary will be replaced with someone cheaper.

jdaltroy5
03-11-2014, 02:20 PM
That still undersells it. We've got a few contracts that are overstated. The biggest being Kolb, he isn't coming back and once he takes a buyout his salary will be replaced with someone cheaper.
I remember reading that if we were to cut Kolb, Legursky, and Pears, we would save an additional 7 or 8 million in cap space.

After rookie allocations, we should easily have at least 25 million in cap space to work with.

X-Era
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I remember reading that if we were to cut Kolb, Legursky, and Pears, we would save an additional 7 or 8 million in cap space.

After rookie allocations, we should easily have at least 25 million in cap space to work with.
Kolb is 3.6 with 500K dead money and Pears is 3.45 with 550K in dead money. So between those two we get back almost 6 mill. Legursky is 1.1 mill with 100K in dead money.

So yeah. Right around 7 mill in space.

My issue is that we don't need the space. I'd make these moves if we needed the money. If we don't I want depth and Pears at least represents that. As might Legursky.

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2014, 02:44 PM

Didn't we roll over $18M+ from last year? Even with the Fitz dead money we choose for some inexplicable reason to move entirely into this year when we had more than enough money last year to take the whole hit, we should be closer to $30M.

jimmifli
03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Kolb is 3.6 with 500K dead money and Pears is 3.45 with 550K in dead money. So between those two we get back almost 6 mill. Legursky is 1.1 mill with 100K in dead money.

So yeah. Right around 7 mill in space.

My issue is that we don't need the space. I'd make these moves if we needed the money. If we don't I want depth and Pears at least represents that. As might Legursky.
Pears is pricey for his performance and injury history, but I guess if healthy he's depth. As the 3rd tackle, I'm OK keeping him but 3.4 for a backup seems a little spendy, maybe not I haven't looked.

Legursky won't be on an NFL roster by the end of training camp. He ain't depth, he just sucks.

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Keep that $20M unspent again.

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Low 20's in millions.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/03/11/bills-official-cap-number/

I like that they did this.
Yeah originally they had an article up saying they were only $15m under the cap but that quickly changed. I wonder if that includes the savings of cutting Kolb.