PDA

View Full Version : Bills to select safety at #9....

HAMMER
03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
...according to this Bleacher Report mock.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1988223-2014-nfl-mock-draft-how-each-team-can-get-better-in-round-1
:attn:

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
That would be perfect.

Buffalogic
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Hate you Hammer. That is all. :drunks:

sudzy
03-11-2014, 04:50 PM
A Bills-like move. Let a proven play-maker walk for another roll of the dice.

better days
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
So the best WR is on the board as well as top OT prospects & the Bills will draft a Safety at #9?

Pass the pipe, I want some of that.

Night Train
03-11-2014, 04:55 PM
select him over OT Lewan, TE Ebron and more ?

Skooby
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
My head would explode.

YardRat
03-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah....no. If Byrd doesn't come back, pretty sure they will be content going into this season with a Williams/Searcy tandem.

BillsFever21
03-11-2014, 05:08 PM
So the best WR is on the board as well as top OT prospects & the Bills will draft a Safety at #9?

Pass the pipe, I want some of that.

I'm not saying it will happen but I believe we had this same kind of post about 8 years ago when Mike Mayock said the Bills would draft Whitner with the #8 pick in the draft. We all see how that turned out.

better days
03-11-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm not saying it will happen but I believe we had this same kind of post about 8 years ago when Mike Mayock said the Bills would draft Whitner with the #8 pick in the draft. We all see how that turned out.

Hopefully the Bills have a better front office today than 8 years ago.

Otherwise we can expect to go another 14 years without making the playoffs.

YardRat
03-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Dick Jauron and Marv Levy called, just to remind you they aren't HC and GM anymore.

kishoph
03-11-2014, 05:19 PM

Yea and that Whitner guy turned out to be a real bust.

Not saying the Bills will select a safety, nor would I want them to. To me it seems that the Bleacher report has taken to trolling to get readers.

better days
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM

Not saying the Bills will select a safety, nor would I want them to. To me it seems that the Bleacher report has taken to trolling to get readers.

Whitner was not a bust, but the Bills could have done so much BETTER than him at that draft spot.

BillsFever21
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Dick Jauron and Marv Levy called, just to remind you they aren't HC and GM anymore.

I never said I want or think it would happen. That would be the worse thing. It was a horrible eerie feeling from 8 years ago when we had a thread with comments just like these. Everyone said Mayock was smoking crack. I guess he was smoking that crack with our front office at the time.

BillsFever21
03-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Whitner isn't a bad player. Had he been drafted later in the 1st round then there wouldn't have been so much hate for him as there was. It wasn't his fault the Bills drafted him so damn early.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Whitner isn't a bad player. Had he been drafted later in the 1st round then there wouldn't have been so much hate for him as there was. It wasn't his fault the Bills drafted him so damn early.

If haloti ngata hadn't turned into a complete beast, then maybe.

pmoon6
03-11-2014, 05:30 PM
My head would explode.It already did.

pmoon6
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I'll bet all my Zone bucks the Bills don't go DB @ #9. Most likely OT with a possibility of WR. Personally, I would select Mack if he's available. Not likely.

feldspar
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM
This won't happen.

Turf
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Better be lineman, WR or LB.

Mace
03-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I'll bet all my Zone bucks the Bills don't go DB @ #9. Most likely OT with a possibility of WR. Personally, I would select Mack if he's available. Not likely.

I'm really tempted to bet you. Not because I want them to take a safety, but because my gut feeling of the month says they will go safety, no matter who is still available.

My reasoning of the month, is that they will roll the bones on their young WR's, Moeaki at TE, Marrone coaching up his OL prospects as if he was a dedicated D'Alessandris, plug a hole with an FA midrange LB, CB for depth, and wrangle another OL journeyman for spice.

I hope I'm wrong, but the minute they said they wouldn't tag Byrd I was sure of it. I really want Byrd to buzz off if he's that determined to buzz off and it seems so, but would then have made a run at TJ Ward (Cleveland, not a "ball hawk", good against the run, ok in coverage), or Delmas from Schwartz's Lions. But they didn't.

It's because they mean to take a safety.

direbills
03-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Otherwise we can expect to go another 14 years without making the playoffs.

Don't you think that's a given. I see no redemption for this franchise. While other teams are making moves to improve, we resign Dan Carpenter and are happy. Don't get me wrong, I think he needed to be signed but what about the rest of the fuc%^&g team. It was not a good team last season and there are more holes now.

better days
03-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Don't you think that's a given. I see no redemption for this franchise. While other teams are making moves to improve, we resign Dan Carpenter and are happy. Don't get me wrong, I think he needed to be signed but what about the rest of the fuc%^&g team. It was not a good team last season and there are more holes now.

Well the Byrd hole existed for the first 6 games last year.

At least this year we have time to fill that hole before the season starts.

As others have said, EVERY team loses good players.

The Bills have lost only one, other teams will lose more than that.

direbills
03-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Well the Byrd hole existed for the first 6 games last year.

At least this year we have time to fill that hole before the season starts.

As others have said, EVERY team loses good players.

The Bills have lost only one, other teams will lose more than that.

Unfortunately the loser Bills have approximately one and a half good players. If that much.

clumping platelets
03-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Hope they trade down first but Lewan or Evans represent much better value at #9

kishoph
03-12-2014, 04:57 AM
Unfortunately the loser Bills have approximately one and a half good players. If that much.

With beauties like this, it is much appreciated that you average about 1 post every 8 months. :nerd2:

pmoon6
03-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Unfortunately the loser Bills have approximately one and a half good players. If that much.There are 53 big, athletic guys and a small percentage of fans that would disagree......