WR Eric Decker
WR James Jones
TE Garrett Graham
TE Scott Chandler
TE Owen Daniels
TE Fred Davis
TE Jermichael Finley
TE Brandon Pettigrew

Blackmon was re-signed, http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/11/5484546/will-blackmon-jaguars-contract

X-Era
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Blackmon was re-signed, http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/11/5484546/will-blackmon-jaguars-contractI'll remove it. Thanks.

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll remove it. Thanks.

No problem. There are definitely guys out there am willing to sign but what worries me is no talk/rumors we're bringing any guys in for a look or been linked that we've been interested but many Whaley was more focused on re-signing Carpenter today and waiting the dust to settle before we look at other positions. You also missed a few LB candidates like Jon Beason and Jonathan Vilma that could be on our radar.

YardRat
03-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Shoot. Blackmon would've been a nice target.

BillsFever21
03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Michael Oher for around 5-6 million a year would be ideal and a huge upgrade over Pears. Cutting Pears would save 3 million of that money as it is. It would also give us more flexibility in the draft.

Throw in somebody like Spikes for 4 million a year and maybe a TE like Graham or Daniels for 3 million a year and we would still have a ton of cap room.

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Michael Oher for around 5-6 million a year would be ideal and a huge upgrade over Pears. Cutting Pears would save 3 million of that money as it is. It would also give us more flexibility in the draft.

Throw in somebody like Spikes for 4 million a year and maybe a TE like Graham or Daniels for 3 million a year and we would still have a ton of cap room.
The problem is the Bills never spend to the cap they always leave tons of wiggle room.

DBrown77
03-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Boring FA class this year.

BillsFever21
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
The problem is the Bills never spend to the cap they always leave tons of wiggle room.

Oh of course we never come close to spending to the cap. Even with a scenario like that we would have plenty of cap room available.

The 5-6 million for somebody like Oher is basically money saved from cutting Kolb and then eventually releasing Erik Pears. That ends up being a wash on our current cap numbers.

Throw in another 7 million a year between Spikes and another TE and that probably still leaves us around 15 million in cap space. Especially after we end up making other cuts, etc. Considering that Perry Riley only got 4 million a year from Washington then Spikes might not even command that much. He could be looking at more of a short term deal for 3-3.5 million a year.

X-Era
03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Boring FA class this year.
On the flip side, the Bills have lost a total of zero players to free agency so far.

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM
On the flip side, the Bills have lost a total of zero players to free agency so far.

and the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins combined have lost 1 player. As the Dolphins lost Paul Solial but replaced him with Earl Mitchell and signed Branden Albert and Luis Delmas.

X-Era
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
and the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins combined have lost 1 player. As the Dolphins lost Paul Solial but replaced him with Earl Mitchell and signed Branden Albert and Luis Delmas.The Fins have again overspent IMO. Hopefully for us they again don't get their moneys worth.

stuckincincy
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Fancy that...

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 07:26 PM
The Fins have again overspent IMO. Hopefully for us they again don't get their moneys worth.

They may overspend but still won 2 more games than the Bills last year.

X-Era
03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
They may overspend but still won 2 more games than the Bills last year.Is 2 games worth 20+ mill spent?

I think their approach of overspending is the wrong plan.

The Jokeman
03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Is 2 games worth 20+ mill spent?

I think their approach of overspending is the wrong plan.

I agree the Phins plan isn't a blue print I'd follow but I like that they're at least trying to improve their roster. I mean Albert is far superior LT than McKinnie at this stage of their careers. In terms of the switching of NTs it's debatable who's better and I can't comment on their FS situation but am pretty sure Delmas got less money than we spent on Aaron Williams.

Don't Panic
03-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Albert will wear out in two-three years. I talked to him at Virginia (he played high school basketball for me) and he said his knees were already hurting. He'll have a nice start but fade as time (and age) wear on. The Mitchell signing is a pretty nice one, though. They may be spending just as big as last year, but they're spending a little smarter this time around.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Is 2 games worth 20+ mill spent?

If there was a quote that more perfectly sums up this franchise, I can't imagine it.

X-Era
03-11-2014, 09:07 PM
If there was a quote that more perfectly sums up this franchise, I can't imagine it.
Root for the Fins?

Did you see what the Pats did today?

Money spent does not = playoffs.

Ask last years Fins.

X-Era
03-12-2014, 01:18 PM
My list would be:

Brandon Spikes
Lamaar Woodley
Ryan Clark
Owen Daniels
Michael Oher
Charles Brown
Eben Britton
Brandon Pettigrew
Wesley Woodyard
DRC

Updated:

Removed Collins- about to sign
Removed Taylor Mays- already signed

sukie
03-12-2014, 01:21 PM
They may overspend but still won 2 more games than the Bills last year.

And that is great why?

sukie
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Bills need to search for more guys named Williams. Maybe get Barry Williams involved in an ownership group. Mike williams as a line coach and motivational guru.

stuckincincy
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
My list would be:

Brandon Spikes
Anthony Collins
Lamaar Woodley
Ryan Clark
Owen Daniels
Michael Oher
Eben Britton
Brandon Pettigrew
Wesley Woodyard
DRC
Taylor Mays

CIN pocked 2M cap space plus whatever contract $ with the cut of C Kyle Cook - my guess is they are still in the running for retaining OT Collins.

Good call mentioning former 1st rounder Taylor Mays. He stunk big time with CIN in 2012, but was beginning to show some decent stuff in '13 before injury - stopped runners, played pass D instead of drawing a piling-on penalty. However, CIN has re-inked him. Jury is still out on him, of course.