PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad at least I'm not a __________ fan...

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
With Cleveland plunking down big money TRYING to win, the only team I can think of is Jacksonville, we can still laugh at them.

Oh gawd the Bills are pathetic. I'm soooo tired of perpetually losing. :ill:

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Be patient.

New ownership coming.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2014, 12:07 PM
We've been patient for 20 years. I'm thinking it should've run out about 10 years ago.

Are you gonna do a Nancy Carrigan on Ralph?

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2014, 12:08 PM
If Ralph farts too hard, he is at risk.

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 12:09 PM
That might be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Try being a Bills/Cowboys fan. You have two teams that couldn't be more different, and you get kicked in the nuts in every way possible every year.
If Ralph farts too hard, he is at risk.

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Try being a Bills/Cowboys fan. You have two teams that couldn't be more different, and you get kicked in the nuts in every way possible every year.

That is why GOD gave you two nuts.

If it were not for being a Bruins fan, the Bills would have sucked out all joy from my sports fan life.

Being a Sabres and Bills fan must give you loser diarrhea 24/7.

GreedoII
03-12-2014, 12:13 PM
They key is Ralph's death nail....here's to hoping by the draft!!

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 12:13 PM
In my adult life, all I've had is the bad Bills, and the painfully average Cowboys. It's a rough life thus far.
That is why GOD gave you two nuts.

If it were not for being a Bruins fan, the Bills would have sucked out all joy from my sports fan life.

Being a Sabres and Bills fan must give you loser diarrhea 24/7.

Buffalogic
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Thank god we aren't like Cleveland. They are spending big money on dimineshed retreads like Dansby and Whitner and letting guys like D'qwell walk. And not giving any money to Josh Gordon to keep him there is terrible management. We aren't doing much, but at least we aren't doing that!

SpikedLemonade
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Such a great man.

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Dansby outplayed Jackson by a mile last season. If anything, it's an upgrade for Cleveland.
Thank god we aren't like Cleveland. They are spending big money on dimineshed retreads like Dansby and Whitner and letting guys like D'qwell walk. And not giving any money to Josh Gordon to keep him there is terrible management. We aren't doing much, but at least we aren't doing that!

GreedoII
03-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Ughhh....

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/7936/bills-taking-odd-risk-in-signing-williams

Night Train
03-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Cleveland & Jacksonville are just overpaying declining talent and going nowhere fast.

sukie
03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
I would think it worse to be a Jets fan, far more hope pumped in every year only to fail. Doesn't matter the division standing... the fail is epic.

It's gotta suck being the Viking faithful... Best RB in the game and nuthin.

Detroit fandom kinda sucks.

We are just more adjusted to pain and don't raise the bar high enough to really get devastated. Well, at least those of us old enough to remember the last playoff game.

stuckincincy
03-12-2014, 01:02 PM
It could be worse. Imagine having a coach-for-life like Marvin Lewis. 0 and 5 in playoffs, espousing that it's a such a passing league and forcing a decent qb out of his capability - Dalton - tossing 50 passes in the playoffs, and limiting touches by rb Giovanni Bernard all season, so as to get "value" out of others.

If a sharp outfit like McDonalds ever purchased a NFL club, retire the Lombardi Trophy.

Buffalogic
03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Dansby outplayed Jackson by a mile last season. If anything, it's an upgrade for Cleveland.I live in AZ and watch every Cardinals game. Dansby is a shell of his former self.

coastal
03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
You're invited to our bucket list field trip...

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 02:40 PM
That's great, I've watched every single NFL game over the past 7 years (some as many as 10 times) and have notes for every one for scouting purposes. Dansby had a career year, and rejuvenated a career that appeared to be going down hill.

I welcome your argument. Please, tell me what part of his game last year didn't satisfy you. For an ILB in a hybrid(ish) 3-4, he posted 122 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 4 INT's, and a FF. You'd be hard pressed to find too many ILB's in football that had that kind of an impact last year.

Now if your argument is that Dansby is an older player, who may not be able to duplicate that kind of performance at his age, I'll give you that. But to say that he was a shell of his former self, when he just had the best year of his career is a head scratcher.

Edit: By the way, he made an all-pro team for the first time in his career in 2013. Not bad for a guy who's a shell of his former self.
I live in AZ and watch every Cardinals game. Dansby is a shell of his former self.

feldspar
03-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm so glad I'm not a Justin Bieber fan. Don't think I could live with myself...

DesertFox24
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
When has buying a championship ever worked.

Cleveland and Miami won the FA last year and did they make the playoffs?

The saints are in win now mode for 3 years and then Bryd will be cut, they are in cap hell just two years behind the cowboys and they are going to be in big trouble unless they start cutting guys.

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Stephen Jones (considered one of the foremost experts on the cap) made a great point though. The salary cap really doesn't mean a damn thing. There's always a move that can be made to clear up cap space for just about anything. Also, with the cap going up so much every year, the cap hits on today's moves will look a lot better in the near future. Having said that, I completely agree with your point, teams don't win championships in March.
When has buying a championship ever worked.

Cleveland and Miami won the FA last year and did they make the playoffs?

The saints are in win now mode for 3 years and then Bryd will be cut, they are in cap hell just two years behind the cowboys and they are going to be in big trouble unless they start cutting guys.

GreedoII
03-12-2014, 03:21 PM
If they had a QB we wouldn't be having any of these conversations. Now that's a fact....

CleveSteve
03-12-2014, 03:57 PM
With Cleveland plunking down big money TRYING to win, the only team I can think of is Jacksonville, we can still laugh at them.

Yeah, but... Browns.

BillsFever21
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
That's great, I've watched every single NFL game over the past 7 years (some as many as 10 times) and have notes for every one for scouting purposes. Dansby had a career year, and rejuvenated a career that appeared to be going down hill.

Every game over the past 7 years up to 10 times each? How long ago did your wife/girlfriend leave you and/or, friends quit calling and/or job fire you? LOL

That's a lot of time watching football if you're not getting paid for it as a job.

Buffalogic
03-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Every game over the past 7 years up to 10 times each? How long ago did your wife/girlfriend leave you and/or, friends quit calling and/or job fire you? LOL

That's a lot of time watching football if you're not getting paid for it as a job.I laughed.

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 07:43 PM
It's actually quite easy, you can watch an entire game in 30 minutes with DirecTV and NFL Game Rewind. There have been some games that I've watched 10 times or more, it happens. As for my wife and job, don't worry about me, I'm doing just fine.

That's a lot of time watching football if you're not getting paid for it as a job.

gr8slayer
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I laughed.

You can keep laughing, God knows I'm still laughing at your assessment of Dansby's season. You clearly failed to watch the Cardinals much last year. That or your football brain had a 16 week-long stroke.

gebobs
03-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Knelled it! ;-)

Mace
03-12-2014, 09:21 PM

Raiders. They insisted they wanted to keep Veldheer their young good LT, their best pass rusher Houston, and their top back Jennings, saying they'd let McFadden go, then re signed McFadden and let Veldheer, Houston and Jennings go. They tried to replace Veldheer with Saffold, a more natural guard, by overpaying him and he just failed his physical after all the other teams took the rest of the useful LT's. Houston was so upset he's trying to talk a Bears DT FA (Melton) from even visiting them.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Raiders. They insisted they wanted to keep Veldheer their young good LT, their best pass rusher Houston, and their top back Jennings, saying they'd let McFadden go, then re signed McFadden and let Veldheer, Houston and Jennings go. They tried to replace Veldheer with Saffold, a more natural guard, by overpaying him and he just failed his physical after all the other teams took the rest of the useful LT's. Houston was so upset he's trying to talk a Bears DT FA (Melton) from even visiting them.

That's exactly who I was going to mention. As sucky as it is to be a Bills fan, the Raiders came into free agency with 60 million in space, failed to keep their own free agents, and have somehow managed to get worse.

imbondz
03-12-2014, 11:07 PM
I can't understand being a bills and cowboys fan at the same time. Makes no sense

TacklingDummy
03-13-2014, 06:14 AM
Cleveland better find a QB or these signings won't mean dick.

OpIv37
03-13-2014, 07:59 AM
I can't understand being a bills and cowboys fan at the same time. Makes no sense

He's bipolar.

When he's manic, he watches that living Beverly Hillbilly Jerry Jones wildly throw money around trying to buy a championship. The Cowboys players make it rain in the strip club. Jerry makes it rain in real life.

When he's depressed, he watches the Bills. Ralph with one foot in the grave running his perpetual motion machine rebuilding cycle, doing the same thing over and over. Plus, we all know it's not bad enough for the Bills to simply lose. At least once a season, they have to snap defeat from the jaws of victory in epic, soul-crushing fashion.

Historian
03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
"CHICAGO CUBS"

sukie
03-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Heard this on Lebatard's show. Detroit. Far and away is the worst place to go via free agency. They were laughing at Tate going from superbowl team to Detroit.

Detroit has had 11 (Dan thought 13) head coaches in a row that were fired and NOT hired by another NFL team as a HC. No retreading Detroit HCs (The exception was Jauron but he was an interim only and not fired.

That seems realy amazing .

TacklingDummy
03-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Heard this on Lebatard's show. Detroit. They were laughing at Tate going from superbowl team to Detroit.

Why? The NFL is a business. Winning is nice but in the end players want to get paid.

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 10:40 AM
We like to laugh at the Lions yet somehow their old owner died and there was no talk whatsoever of the team relocating.

sukie
03-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Why? The NFL is a business. Winning is nice but in the end players want to get paid.

I think it was in reference to what he said prior to deciding on Detroit... That was simply how Detroit came up then the coaching thing.

- - - Updated - - -

We like to laugh at the Lions yet somehow their old owner died and there was no talk whatsoever of the team relocating.

Who in the Bills organization is talking relocation?

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Who in the Bills organization is talking relocation?

No one. They don't want to lose their job that they know they would not have anywhere else but in Buffalo.

You don't think the day Ralph dies the number one story on NFLN is whether the Bills relocate?

sukie
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
but that that isn't coming from Buffalo. I also think the dome in Detroit is newer with properly configured suites along the sidelines.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Be patient.

New ownership coming.

Is this Bills Fan Mass? That sounds like the ultimate Bills Mystery of Faith.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 10:56 AM
It could be worse. Imagine having a coach-for-life like Marvin Lewis. 0 and 5 in playoffs, espousing that it's a such a passing league and forcing a decent qb out of his capability - Dalton - tossing 50 passes in the playoffs, and limiting touches by rb Giovanni Bernard all season, so as to get "value" out of others.

If a sharp outfit like McDonalds ever purchased a NFL club, retire the Lombardi Trophy.

So you've got a black Marty Schottenheimer (Meathead will be along shortly to call me a racist), I wish I could feel bad for you, but you've had two very good qbs in the past decade and some very decent teams to go with them. Let me know when once again --I know you guys experienced that long drought in the nineties and early 2000s -- when a 20 year playoff drought is looking imminent.

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
but that that isn't coming from Buffalo. I also think the dome in Detroit is newer with properly configured suites along the sidelines.

Sure but they have corporations to fill them.

Buffalo has Celino & Barnes.

sukie
03-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Sure but they have corporations to fill them.

Buffalo has Celino & Barnes.

HAHA. They have Tops, Mighty Taco, and New Era... Oh and Cadet Cleaners.

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
HAHA. They have Tops, Mighty Taco, and New Era... Oh and Cadet Cleaners.

Can you imagine the big dollar business deals those corps could cut with other corps if they had a suite overlooking the Bills?