PDA

View Full Version : Second Safety

DesertFox24
03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
What are you guys thinking for the second safety spot.

I personally like my fellow Nevada resident Duke Williams.

The guy can cover, hit, and is rangy.

He has that ability to be a run defender but was not a liability in coverage at the senior bowl or Nevada. In fact even looked the part in CB drills at the senior bowl.

I will admit though I am interested in how Searcy and Meeks shake out in this as well.

Searcy is very similar to Duke in that he is a run defender but rangy enough to cover, although he has struggled at time big time struggled at the position.

Meeks is relative unknown even at Clemson he was the deep safety and was never in much of an opportunity to make plays, guy is rangy but maybe more of a backup to AW.

If I had to guess today AW is one safety and takes over Bryds spot and Duke Williams takes over the second spot.

X-Era
03-12-2014, 04:31 PM
What are you guys thinking for the second safety spot.

I personally like my fellow Nevada resident Duke Williams.

The guy can cover, hit, and is rangy.

He has that ability to be a run defender but was not a liability in coverage at the senior bowl or Nevada. In fact even looked the part in CB drills at the senior bowl.

I will admit though I am interested in how Searcy and Meeks shake out in this as well.

Searcy is very similar to Duke in that he is a run defender but rangy enough to cover, although he has struggled at time big time struggled at the position.

Meeks is relative unknown even at Clemson he was the deep safety and was never in much of an opportunity to make plays, guy is rangy but maybe more of a backup to AW.

If I had to guess today AW is one safety and takes over Bryds spot and Duke Williams takes over the second spot.I think they may go with the approach that one of these guys will be the answer.

Searcy may have the best shot due to some decent play at times but Duke Williams may have the best skill set.

Mahdi
03-12-2014, 04:35 PM
I think Searcy will get the first shot to play in the box safety while Aaron replaces Byrd at the FS spot.

Ed
03-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I didn't have any issues with Searcy starting while Byrd pretended to have a bum foot. I wouldn't mind adding another guy to the mix for depth/competition, but I'm comfortable with Searcy.

more cowbell
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Preferably none of these guys...

Night Train
03-12-2014, 05:43 PM
They drafted Duke Williams and Meeks , knowing Byrd probably was bye-bye after the 1 year tag. You gotta play them.

Aaron Williams, Searcy, these 2 and probably another pick in mix.

YardRat
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Searcy will get plugged in early, and it's probably his job to lose. I like Duke Williams a lot also, but his inability to get on the field last season concerns me. You'd think if he was showing any promise at all in practices, they would have at least given him some spot duty here and there.

I like Dion Bailey in the draft, but don't think they'll go safety before he's gone.

tampabay25690
03-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I like the 2 young guys that we have along with Searcy...
We just need to make sure Aaron is able to take over that leader role..
Needs to mature this year as a leader and not dancing after a big play....
I think he will though...

TigerJ
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
If Buffalo does not go outside the organization to find a starter to pair with Aaron Williams, my money is on Duke Williams over Searcy. Better skill set and athleticism. Don't be shocked if Buffalo tries Corey Graham at free safety. Chicago experimented some with that after they drafted him.