PDA

View Full Version : Bostic amongst 5 released by the Bills

Dozerdog
07-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that the team has released the following four players: defensive lineman Andy Bowers, cornerback Ken Hilliard, offensive lineman Joey Hollenbeck, and defensive lineman Merceda Perry.

In addition, cornerback Jason Bostic has been waived/failed physical.

http://buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=193239&dsp=press

venis2k1
07-15-2003, 03:40 PM
great, now we have depth problems at CB too, i liked both bostic AND Hilliard.

ryven
07-15-2003, 03:40 PM
damn and I liked bostic I hope we sign him to the practice squad he was a decent CB.

WG
07-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I wonder why he failed a physical.

I wouldn't worry about our depth problems though.

AW, NC, McGee, and Thomas are shoe ins. We'll only keep one more.

Not an issue although I felt he was improving as well and was looking forward to having him as a dimeback.

Dozerdog
07-15-2003, 03:48 PM
I remember the one play against Chicago- Watson was out for the play and Marty Booker blew by Bostic for a 35 yard catch- could have scored if he kept his balance on the sidelines.

I'm not heartbroken.

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Bostic??? What did he ever do??

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2003, 04:06 PM
If we were counting on Bostic and Hilliard for depth we were in trouble to begin with.

Honestly I don't think I have ever heard of Hilliard. Did he play last year?

mypoorfriendme
07-15-2003, 04:13 PM
and always remember, the buffalo bills front office might know a little bit more about the talent of everyone on the team than we do. go bills. no one would have gotten cut if they could have contributed in any way

TigerJ
07-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Thurm's got it right. If we are depending on guys like this for depth, we are in deep doo-doo. Bowers did have good numbers (size and 40 time), but apparently hasn't figured out how to play the game of football.

Bostic has OK speed but is undersized and really hasn't done anything to recommend him. I think he got injured last year. Maybe he just never healed right.

The others would only have been training camp fodder. Does this give TD a little roster room in case someone with a llittle more potential shows up?

SABURZFAN
07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
great, now we have depth problems at CB too, i liked both bostic AND Hilliard.

no we don't.we're just fine at CB.

BillsFever
07-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Jason Bostic sucks. Just another example of some fans thinking a player is good just because he's on our team :rolleyes:

Doc
07-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Bostic tore his ACL. His most memorable play was the tackle on Germaine Crowell in the Lions game, where he stopped him short of the first down on 3rd down (which the Lions unsuccessfully challenged), and the Lions failed to convert on 4th down giving the Bills the ball and the game. Oh and the 5th DB will be Dainon Sidney. That's pretty much a shoo-in, unless he gets hurt again.

mikemac2001
07-15-2003, 10:18 PM
yeah id take sideny over Bostic everytime sidney is a nice CB when healthy and he knows the system

SABURZFAN
07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
let's not forget that we drafted a CB too.we'll get a chance to see what he can do.(was his name mcgee or something?)

NC-BILLS44
07-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
If we were counting on Bostic and Hilliard for depth we were in trouble to begin with.

Honestly I don't think I have ever heard of Hilliard. Did he play last year?

I think Hilliard is a rookie free agent safety from Virginia Tech.

Jan Reimers
07-16-2003, 07:48 AM
These guys were basically camp fodder. They must have shown very little in the minicamps. Bostic might have had a shot at #5 CB, but Sidney is probably a better fit.

Jan Reimers
07-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Oh - I think Hilliard was an undrafted FA out of TCU.

NC-BILLS44
07-16-2003, 10:03 AM
That is correct JR!!!! I was thinking of Jerton Evans from Virginia.

justasportsfan
07-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Make sure our dumpster is locked. You know how those dolphins love going through our garbage .

MDFINFAN
07-16-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Make sure our dumpster is locked. You know how those dolphins love going through our garbage .

You're just worried we'll take your trash and turn it into treasure again, i.e. Nails :snicker2:

NC-BILLS44
07-16-2003, 12:37 PM
Nails is a treasure?!?!?!?!?

The_Philster
07-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Nails is a treasure?!?!?!?!?

He was their best O-lineman last year. He finally got off his dead ass and lost some weight.

Doc
07-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Too bad he blew out his Achilles. Aw hell what am I saying? After he stole money and valuable development time from the Bills, I could have cared less what became of him.

justasportsfan
07-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You're just worried we'll take your trash and turn it into treasure again, i.e. Nails :snicker2:

If you go through garbage you'll eventually find something of value. Too bad his value only lasted half a season. We'll wait and see if this garbage lost it's value.

MDFINFAN
07-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

If you go through garbage you'll eventually find something of value. Too bad his value only lasted half a season. We'll wait and see if this garbage lost it's value.

Actually he lasted until the last 2 games. then a freak accident..Hope Rogers work out 1/2 as well. And even after his injury he's maintain his weight, outstanding, when you play for a good organization, I guess you're just more motivated.