PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker to the Jets

EricStratton
03-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Jets announced deal with former Broncos WR Eric Decker.

BuffaloRedleg
03-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Overrated, but I'm not in the mood to point the finger at anyone else in the league.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Lol, Geno Crybaby Smith is his qb...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, Geno Crybaby Smith is his qb...

DBrown77
03-13-2014, 06:47 AM
i predict a sharp decline without Peyton Manning as his QB.

Novacane
03-13-2014, 08:12 AM

And without Thomas, Thomas and Welker drawing all the attention. This signing doesn't worry me.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2014, 08:27 AM
And without Thomas, Thomas and Welker drawing all the attention. This signing doesn't worry me.

I wish he hadnt signed with the Jets, but yes I don't think its as big of a signing as some may think. Decker ALWAYS had single coverage, lets see how he likes double and triple teams on a team with not one other decent WR. Give the Jets props for signing an area of need though.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2014, 08:38 AM
I agree. Manning makes a lot of WRs look great until they go somewhere else to fall back onto earth.

Anyone remembers Jerome Pathon? Anthony Gonzalez? Austin Collie? Brandon Stokley?

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 09:14 AM
I love the denial here.

If the Bills had signed Decker, this place would have exploded in excitement.

The Jets just got better. How much better, we don't know, but they just got better.

Have the Bills?

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Most people are simply saying he wont be as good without Manning. Is this untrue? Way to twist other peoples words.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
I love the denial here.

The Jets just got better. How much better, we don't know, but they just got better.

Have the Bills?

This

Mike
03-13-2014, 09:45 AM
The Good News
Look the Jets aren't winning the SB anytime soon, so it's not one of those 'Talib' or 'Ware' or 'Revis' type of signing.

The Bad News
In a division where the Jets, Bills, & Dolphibs are fighting for #2 this helped the Jets get better. This makes the Jets WR more formidable and puts added pressure on the Bills secondary. Holmes is good, and if Hill further develops this will be a good WR corps that puts significant pressure on the Bills D.

This isn't some meanigless FA signing with ' potential'. Iit's a good player at a good price and it will Improve this Jets team.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
While I tend to fear Spiked may be right, I also think this might be well the second coming of Alvin Harper or more recently Peerless Price.

GreedoII
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Best place he can for the Bills....he will have zero impact with that QB situation

jdaltroy5
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I love the denial here.

Have the Bills?

Personally, I would not have exploded with excitement.

I actually WANTED the Jets to sign him to a big contract.

He's Robert Meachem 2.0.

HAMMER
03-13-2014, 12:48 PM
The Good News
Look the Jets aren't winning the SB anytime soon, so it's not one of those 'Talib' or 'Ware' or 'Revis' type of signing.

The Bad News
In a division where the Jets, Bills, & Dolphibs are fighting for #2 this helped the Jets get better. This makes the Jets WR more formidable and puts added pressure on the Bills secondary. Holmes is good, and if Hill further develops this will be a good WR corps that puts significant pressure on the Bills D.

This isn't some meanigless FA signing with ' potential'. Iit's a good player at a good price and it will Improve this Jets team.

Holmes was released Monday, they did not really get better, just replaced Holmes.

Night Train
03-13-2014, 01:13 PM

better days
03-13-2014, 02:52 PM
I wish he hadnt signed with the Jets, but yes I don't think its as big of a signing as some may think. Decker ALWAYS had single coverage, lets see how he likes double and triple teams on a team with not one other decent WR. Give the Jets props for signing an area of need though.

Well at least he didn't sign with the Pats*

Brady could have used Decker & made the most of his talent.

BleedinGreenNC
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
He is a consistent #2, and his stats before Manning were average. I am happy with the signing, so right now we have a better WR group than last year, i see the Jets adding another WR through FA and then drafting 2 more.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a consistent #2, and his stats before Manning were average. I am happy with the signing, so right now we have a better WR group than last year, i see the Jets adding another WR through FA and then drafting 2 more.

EDS
03-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Decker did manage 600 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns with Tim Tebow at QB, and there is absolutely no doubt he is a huge upgrade for the Jets at receiver (which is not to say they don't need to do more, they do, obviously). Whether Geno can improve on a rocky first season is yet to be determined, but a reliable target like Decker certaintly can't hurt.

Novacane
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I love the denial here.

Have the Bills?

I wouldn't have. He's not a #1. We need a #1.

YardRat
03-13-2014, 05:20 PM
I agree. Manning makes a lot of WRs look great until they go somewhere else to fall back onto earth.

Anyone remembers Jerome Pathon? Anthony Gonzalez? Austin Collie? Brandon Stokley?

Stokley has had a pretty nice career.

EDS
03-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Garcon had a very good season last year.

Pathon, Collie and Gonzalez were not that good wven with Indy. Collie was decent but injuries have prevented him from doing more.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Stokely was never anything more than a decent #3 at any point. That said, he had a td catch in a super bowl win before he even met Manning

Zero
03-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Jets announced deal with former Broncos WR Eric Decker.

This is guy is so overrated, I'll happily eat crow on this if I'm wrong though I dont think i'lll be. He'll do O-Kay but nothing like what he did in Denver. The guy has suspect hands, disappears in games (see: Superbowl 47) and is, in my opionion, soft.

Just my thoughts...

IlluminatusUIUC
03-14-2014, 03:54 PM
This is guy is so overrated, I'll happily eat crow on this if I'm wrong though I dont think i'lll be. He'll do O-Kay but nothing like what he did in Denver. The guy has suspect hands, disappears in games (see: Superbowl 47) and is, in my opionion, soft.

Just my thoughts...

He disappeared in the super bowl because the broncos lately feed him to the Richard Sherman meat grinder. That said, it did show he's not a true #1